Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith claims to have stayed up for 8 days in a row. How about you?
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 17, 2008 23:18

stone-relics
Back in the day we regularly did 6 or 7....painful, though, and not too easy on the pocket book....more than once I saw dragons coming up through the floor...sometimes friendly, sometimes not. Better living through chemistry...

JR

.....classic, thanks JR

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 18, 2008 02:02

Not intended record 42 hours without sleep when the shit really hit the fan =
the car my son.

Neither the event nor the hours to be recommended angry smiley

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 18, 2008 02:08

I am.... tired... must sleep.... no must stay awake... no, must do both...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 18, 2008 02:49

I have stayed up for 3 to 4 days at the most, during Carnival in New Orleans - WITHOUT anything other coffee and beer. Just excitement of Mardi Gras coming, having a blast, etc...because Mardi Gras is it, you know. After that you wait until Quarter Fest and then Jazz Fest and then you hit Gulf Shores for the summer...

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:09

I remember reading abound some guy that had gone 42 days without water.

Unfortunately, he had been dead since the 3rd day...

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:25

Yeah, with chemical help like three or four days, back in my roaring 20s. smoking smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was fun then...I think. Pretty sure it'd kill me if I tried it now - and I mean either the chemicals OR the lack of sleep. cool smiley

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:38

From4tilLate
I really doubt it's true that Keith stayed up for nine days straight. I certainly believe he did many, many 2 or 3 nite stands but nine days, naah.

The problem with his claim is that he admits to being on various substances at the time. So he may not have actually been in a bed, but he was still going in and out of altered states of consciousness. This doesn't really qualify as "staying awake".

People have tried to set new records for years, but their brain always @#$%& them up. They have to rely on an EEG to know whether or not they've blanked out and lost any time.

I could probably see him staying awake for nine days. But I have my doubts that he could accurately remember the events of a nine day drug binge.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:50

I once ate an entire package of Fig Newtons.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: August 18, 2008 05:29

Edith Grove
From4tilLate
Add alcohol to the mix and it's easy to see why Keith not only can't remember sh*t but seemingly believes things really happened that are long proven untrue, from Muddy Waters painting the ceiling to Charlie punching out Mick.

Are you kidding?
Charlie never really punched out Mick??

Indeed. Charlie claims he just shoved him. No punch.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: August 18, 2008 07:23

50 hours in a row, stuck at work on a deal...

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: August 18, 2008 08:27

I also thought it was 9 days. Not 8. And I think it's true.
Lemmy said he stayed up for a couple of weeks once....

I once stayed up for a bit over 48 hours, 50 hours maybe. Too much work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-18 08:29 by Keith The Beast.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: August 18, 2008 09:03

schillid

eye popping smiley thats not good....how long was you up for?...3-4 days?

lol....

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 18, 2008 14:22

schillid

And then spent 8 days on the toilet? grinning smiley

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 18, 2008 14:27

From4tilLate
Edith Grove
From4tilLate
Add alcohol to the mix and it's easy to see why Keith not only can't remember sh*t but seemingly believes things really happened that are long proven untrue, from Muddy Waters painting the ceiling to Charlie punching out Mick.

Are you kidding?
Charlie never really punched out Mick??

Indeed. Charlie claims he just shoved him. No punch.

Maybe Charlie can't remember, or (more likely) he played-down the incident later.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 18, 2008 14:30

From4tilLate
I really doubt it's true that Keith stayed up for nine days straight. I certainly believe he did many, many 2 or 3 nite stands but nine days, naah. That's a typical Keith fish story. (In America a "fish story" is exaggerated bragging, as in "I caught a catfish THIS BIG!!!")

One of the first thing that goes on cocaine binges is your memory of what the hell happened, and when, and where. I'm not proud, but I know the routine only too well; I thankfully have some clean time and pray such behavior is in my past, but I have many blank pages in my memory book. I wasn't even drinking anymore when I developed my coke habit. (A teetotaling coke addict. Go figure.) Add alcohol to the mix and it's easy to see why Keith not only can't remember sh*t but seemingly believes things really happened that are long proven untrue, from Muddy Waters painting the ceiling to Charlie punching out Mick.

Am I alone in thinking that his claim to have sung in the choir at the Queen's coronation is untrue as well? I mean, he was only 9 1/2. I'd have thought choirboys would have been a few years older than that. Plus, you would have thought Westminster Abbey wouldnt have had to import kids from schools some 25-30 miles away for the occasion.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 18, 2008 14:43

From4tilLate
I really doubt it's true that Keith stayed up for nine days straight. I certainly believe he did many, many 2 or 3 nite stands but nine days, naah. That's a typical Keith fish story. --- from Muddy Waters painting the ceiling to Charlie punching out Mick.

How and when were that Charlie punchin' Mick-story proven untrue?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 18, 2008 14:53

He's said nine days... He just loves nurishing some of those legends about himself. (Like having a "complete blood change at the Clinique la Prairie in Montreux", it was actually hemodialysis, and that's just a complete rinse of the blood, useful if your kidneys are damaged.)
If you stay awake for several days, without any sleep at all, you're bound to get psychotic. (According to a doc I know, staying awake for more than around three days and nights, with not even as much as a minute of sleep, can seriously damage your psyche.)

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: August 18, 2008 15:20

Baboon Bro
From4tilLate
I really doubt it's true that Keith stayed up for nine days straight. I certainly believe he did many, many 2 or 3 nite stands but nine days, naah. That's a typical Keith fish story. --- from Muddy Waters painting the ceiling to Charlie punching out Mick.

Charlie himself said it in an interview. It was online, and I'm sorry I can't remember the exact source, but he did say it and I did read it.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 18, 2008 15:32

Jeez, some of you guys are really hardcore...3-4 days. Man, that sure is CRAZEE. Back in my prime I once stayed up for 30 hours for a Halloween party and was approaching near psychosis by the end of it. But then I had been er, pushing the envelope out, as they say. Never felt so crap in my life. Having said that, spent many an enjoyable weekend starting boozing on Friday night and getting a few winks inbetween then and Sunday but generally hitting the pub as soon as it opened again.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 18, 2008 16:33

I stayed up for 5 days in a row
a couple of years ago me and a friend did some ecstasy and i had a bag of meth on me we went to a club.I went to the bathroom to eat some of the meth.I put the whole bag in my hand and with out knowing i ate it all and iwas up for 5 days,i lost the plot but still managed to go to work.(i will never do that shit again.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: Keith claims
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 18, 2008 16:42

>> Am I alone in thinking that his claim to have sung in the choir at the Queen's coronation is untrue as well? <<

we just discussed this in a recent thread somewhere - ahh here it is: [www.iorr.org]
that Australian press conference is the only time i've heard Keith himself confirm that,
and i don't think he was really confirming it - more like he simply didn't listen to the question all the way through.
Keith did sing for the Queen, and at Westminster Abbey, but not at the coronation.
he didn't become a choirboy until he was 11, when he started attending Dartford Technical School.

but back to the topic at hand: there was a spell in my life when i used to stay awake for 3 or 4 days in a row.
it required good chemical support and good reasons to stay awake, but i had both.
i had some amazing hallucinations, but none of that paranoia effect some of you are talking about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-18 23:20 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: August 18, 2008 17:01

...That Charlie/Mick-incident was covered by Bill Wyman as well in "Stone Alone", wasn't it?! Must be true then!?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 18, 2008 17:20

Notice schillid didn't say what kind of package of Fig Newtons. So it could have been a single fig or 4. Now that is one way to really stretch the truth!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 18, 2008 18:19

Supposedly Rick James would stay up for sometimes two weeks at a time smoking freebase.

Date: August 18, 2008 23:03

From4tilLate
Baboon Bro
From4tilLate

Charlie himself said it in an interview. It was online, and I'm sorry I can't remember the exact source, but he did say it and I did read it.

So from now Charlie is the Truth. smiling smiley

Date: August 18, 2008 23:04

Addicted
He's said nine days... He just loves nurishing some of those legends about himself. (Like having a "complete blood change at the Clinique la Prairie in Montreux", it was actually hemodialysis, and that's just a complete rinse of the blood, useful if your kidneys are damaged.)
If you stay awake for several days, without any sleep at all, you're bound to get psychotic. (According to a doc I know, staying awake for more than around three days and nights, with not even as much as a minute of sleep, can seriously damage your psyche.)

Six nights here, nuthin more, nuthin less.
I had some tough psychotic issues at the moment.
But most of it went way after some good sleeping.
Still.. Can miss those auras.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 18, 2008 23:10

I want to try staying up a couple nights in a row some time to see what is like. There was one time when I literally walked all night. From Palo Alto, Ca to San Francisco. I started at around ten at night and got there the next morning at about quarter to 11. later that day a couple times I started seeing things. I think I was so exhausted that my brain was going in to dream mode while I was still awake.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 19, 2008 00:00

Lately 18 hours straight. Ugh!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 19, 2008 00:03

I was watching a tv-report the other day.
it was about "Crystal" Methamphetamine and ecstasy.
the guy interviewd, claimed he had been awake for 11 days.
he was also driving his car on the highway and when another car with 3 passengers overtook him.
their heads turned into demons or dragons, he thought they were attacking him so he rammed the car into the guide rail (or whatever you call Leitplanke).
he was also very badly dehydrated and wheighd only 47 kilos, from 95 kg before. eye popping smiley

quite a freaking report from the drug scene in Prague, where the stuff comes from.

.[www.suchtzentrum.de]

with that said, I don't really doubt what Keith claims.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-19 00:09 by open-g.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 19, 2008 00:30

I say Keith LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!! NO way you stayed up for 8 days with no sack time!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home