Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT--Lennon killer
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 12, 2008 22:54

Leave the bastard in jail forever!

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: August 12, 2008 23:57

I'm holdin' out on callin' a field day on this one....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2008 02:04

Melbourne Herald Sun - 13 August 2008

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 13, 2008 03:51

[www.reuters.com]

chapman denied parole for 5th time.

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 13, 2008 12:10

I remember a qoute from this freak, he said "The Beatles changed the world and I changed the Beatles". Perhaps it's time that someone changed HIS world?

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: August 13, 2008 17:47

"Free all prisoners everywhere, All they need is love and care"

--John Lennon (before he got shot)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2008 18:24

Lifetime in jail is the most severe punishment there is..
Please stop the bullshit about torture,but you never know in the US...

What about a soldier who kills in the name off his country?
I'am a Cassius Clay fan.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 13, 2008 18:41

tomk
Barn Owl
Bingo
Sounds like someone who did the deed, is being rewarded. I always thought this was a planned hit, not as random as you would believe. That's my opinion.

...and evidence would support your point.

They don't have any. Remember, you're dealing with people who's heroes
are Oliver Stone, Jim Garrison, Mark Lane, etc...
They make Rosie O'Donnell look like a Rhodes scholar.
Nixon and his gang? Please! Six years after he left office?
Let me guess, he had Reagan do it! But wait! He wasn't in office yet.
IT had to be Carter! HOw about Capitol Records? George HArrison?
He had a place in Hawaii. That's where Chapman's from, isn't he? I know someone who said he saw Chapman and George Harrison together once. Geffen Records for
Double Fantasy being a sub-par album? That makes it more like Network.
Call Oliver Stone. I think we got a hit that people will buy
hook, line, and designer clothes.

Are you OK?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2008 21:03

whats funny to me is that chapman will never see the (freedom) light of day ever .the guy that shot president Reagan, he gets out for weekend visits home to his parents house and so on .the lesson learned is that you can shoot(not kill)a u.s. president no problem ,but dont dare shoot a beatle .he will die in jail.thats justice for you!!!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 13, 2008 21:16

The Greek
whats funny to me is that chapman will never see the (freedom) light of day ever

We don't know if that's true, do we? The news item provided by Rockman states that Chapman's made a few requests to be released on parole since he became eligible in the year 2000.
He's been turned down every time since then, but we don't know the outcome of future requests, right!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2010 00:51

Melbourne Herald Sun ------------ 11 August 2010

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:05

I oppose Chapman's parole, too!

Not that anyone listens to me! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:12

Elmo Lewis
Make him listen to Yoko records.

That's a punishment Elmo, personally I rather would choose for Guantanamo Bay

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 11, 2010 01:45

I once had a dream , and for the first time in my life ,
this ~@~@~@ broke my dream in 1980.
I vote for a seat in jail beside Charles MANSON...

HMN

Date: August 11, 2010 01:49

test

Date: August 11, 2010 01:52

You all give Chapman a hard time .......................think he should be released from prison when John releases his new album

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 11, 2010 02:36

Lennon assassin parole hearing pushed to September
(AFP) – 7 hours ago

NEW YORK — A parole hearing for John Lennon's assassin was delayed until September Tuesday, a court official said, as the famed Beatles star's killer sought conditional release after nearly 30 years in prison.

For the sixth time, Mark David Chapman, 55, is seeking release as part of a routine review of sentences at Attica prison in northern New York state, where he is an inmate.

"Mr. Chapman was informed today that his parole interview has been postponed one month," the parole board said. "The Division of Parole is awaiting the receipt of additional information so that the record is complete for Mr. Chapman's upcoming parole interview."

The board's decision would be announced the day after hearings are completed.

Chapman shot Lennon to death outside his Manhattan apartment building on Central Park, an act that stunned the world and in the view of many historians marked the end of an era.

Chapman was sentenced in 1981 to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 20 years in prison.

The widow of the former Beatles, Yoko Ono, has said on repeated occasions that she is opposed to Chapman's release because she still considers him a threat to her family. His requests for parole have been rejected every two years since 2000.

Ono's lawyer, Peter Shukat, was quoted last month by the Daily News as saying her position hasn't changed.

Date: August 11, 2010 03:12

It just makes me freeze. It just makes me sad after all these years. John's dead. Who cares who f^cks whom? Anger at the vessel won't bring John back. He's in a better place. The dream is over...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 11, 2010 03:49

See "Killer's Eyes" by The Kinks (1981), a song about Mr. Chapman.

Date: August 11, 2010 07:15

OK people. 30 years is long enough. Yeah it was Lennon. So what. He's done his time. All this hatred from everyone. The exact thing Lennon himself was against. Look at the people who are out now. Sara Jane Moore, Arthur Bremmer, Sqeaky Fromme. Do your time and you get to go home. Period.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 13:42

sorry but 30 years is not enough! He was sentenced to LIFE with chance of parol. He should not be paroled until Yoko has passed away, and then transferred to a psych ward for the rest of his life. He did do the crime and should do the time. He murdered and is ill and should not be allowed back in society.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:03

sweetcharmedlife

The widow of the former Beatles, Yoko Ono, has said on repeated occasions that she is opposed to Chapman's release because she still considers him a threat to her family.

She doesn't really believe that. She just wants him to suffer, which is understandable under the circumstances, but it won't bring John back, and it's probably not even what John would have wanted.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:34

Really? How can we know. But we can surmise that night was the most horrific thing she had ever witnessed and experienced, and how hard is it to believe that his release would unleash all those powerfully terrifying memories...and fear. I don't have a problem believing that she would fear for herself, Julian and Sean. Chapman is ill and at the minimum he should be incarcerated in a psych ward until Yoko has passed, and he is too old to harm anyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 16:35 by whitem8.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 11, 2010 16:38

tatters
sweetcharmedlife

The widow of the former Beatles, Yoko Ono, has said on repeated occasions that she is opposed to Chapman's release because she still considers him a threat to her family.

She doesn't really believe that. She just wants him to suffer, which is understandable under the circumstances, but it won't bring John back, and it's probably not even what John would have wanted.

doesn't matter much ... if they feel he's a threat to others, than what John would have wanted means nothing

Date: August 11, 2010 17:11

LeonidP
tatters
sweetcharmedlife

doesn't matter much ... if they feel he's a threat to others, than what John would have wanted means nothing

I agree that someone like that is always going to be a threat to someone, but people who are an obvious threat to society are released from prison every day. Not only that, but it may soon be illegal to ask these fine citizens if they've ever been convicted of a felony when they visit your place of business to apply for a job.

Date: August 11, 2010 17:25

whitem8
Chapman is ill and at the minimum he should be incarcerated in a psych ward until Yoko has passed, and he is too old to harm anyone.

LOL. Too old to harm anyone? You can be 105 years old and still be able to harm someone. If you can also WALK and SEE you can do a HELL of a lot of damage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-11 17:28 by tatters.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:28

Wasn't his sentence 20 years and he is already in there for 30 years?!? I would say if he served his sentence then it's time to let him out...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:53

Wuudy
Wasn't his sentence 20 years and he is already in there for 30 years?!? I would say if he served his sentence then it's time to let him out...
His sentence was life. Since he's still alive,I'd say he hasn't finished serving his sentence yet.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 11, 2010 18:59

In Europe you can go to the Supreme Court Of Justice if you've been in jail for more than XX years (30?) for inhuman treatment. Sounds fair to me.

Is it in Spain that even murderers cannot take more than 15 years?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 11, 2010 19:08

The irony here is Lennon himself would probably disagree with those calling for Chapman's head...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home