Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Anybody catch Letterman's comment on Mick's 65th?
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 28, 2008 07:21

SOmeone told me it was something like happy birthday to mick jagger, he is 65, too bad keith isnt around to celebrate with him.

p

corrections or additions please

Re: Anybody catch Letterman's comment on Mick's 65th?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2008 00:42

Letterman said.....

Mick Jagger...65 years old isn't that remarkable ...65years old ...good for him ....good for Mick Jagger

It's just too bad Keith Richards isn't alive to see this

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:35

and let me guess, that was followed by Paul Shaffer going "aaaaaaaaahhhh hah!!!!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:40

Mick DOES look younger than Letterman.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:42

The Stones should start their next tour on top of the Ed Sullivan theatre.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:43

Mick does NOT look younger than Dave! COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so lame!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:57

czr

no no no - now^^
Mick should sit on David's shoulders and open with Start Me Up and as soon as Letterman can't handle the lightweight anymore, the show continues with Stop Breaking Down.

thank you David, you did your best..........on with the show.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 29, 2008 01:58

Rockman
Letterman said.....

Mick Jagger...65 years old isn't that remarkable ...65years old ...good for him ....good for Mick Jagger

Am I missing something? I think Letterman has always been very jealous of the Glimmers.

Date: July 29, 2008 02:01

Well yeah but he also makes fun of ol' W.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 29, 2008 02:03

czr
Phish did that.

Date: July 29, 2008 02:08

PHISH?

No. We need a real band. A rock'n'roll band to do it. The Beatles and U2 had their own, The Rolling Stones need to do one. That would be proper. New York City.

Phish?

Are you kidding me? You have GOT to be kidding! Jesus, I need to crack open a fresh Baileys! HA HA!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:07

TrulyMicks
Rockman
Letterman said.....

Am I missing something? I think Letterman has always been very jealous of the Glimmers.

Not sure why...

Why would a comedian be jealous of musicians? There's no correlation there. And it's not like Letterman's not working...he's still doing his show at 61. Dave likes the Stones.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:28

I actually find it difficult to take David Letterman, or anything he says, seriously.

He is a guy who looks bored rigid, not only with his guests, but with the tired, limp and dated old format of his show and the pathetic tragically unfunny one-liners that his researchers feed him. He is simply going through the motions like a performing sea-lion.

As funny as toothache.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:48

ryanpow
and let me guess, that was followed by Paul Shaffer going "aaaaaaaaahhhh hah!!!!

no that was followed by everyone laughing at keith

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:53

[/quote]

Not sure why...

Why would a comedian be jealous of musicians? There's no correlation there. And it's not like Letterman's not working...he's still doing his show at 61. Dave likes the Stones.[/quote]

He does? I just remember him saying insulting things about them throughout the years..maybe it's just his job.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:57

How original. Jokes about the Stones age.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 29, 2008 04:47

TrulyMicks
maybe it's just his job.

Bingo

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: July 29, 2008 05:55

And......... What is phish??

Date: July 29, 2008 06:13

Exactly. You don't want to know what phish is. It will only hurt your ears.

Posted by: AussieGlimmer ()
Date: July 29, 2008 06:45

The Stones have continued to deflect all offers from the Late Show to appear either as individuals or a group, in no small part due to Dave's gibes about their age etc over the years. I didn't see Dave's deliver his comment on Mick's 65th, but I sense a facetious tone there Dave.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 29, 2008 07:33

The rest with Paul Shaffer went like this....

Letterman said.....

It's just too bad Keith Richards isn't alive to see this...................Or is he....is he alive?

Paul Shaffer.... No he is

Letterman ..... Oh!!! He is alive!

Paul Shaffer yelling ..... VERY MUCH SO

ROCKMAN

Date: July 29, 2008 10:13

RockmanThe rest with [b
Paul Shaffer[/b] went like this....

Letterman said.....

It's just too bad Keith Richards isn't alive to see this...................Or is he....is he alive?

Paul Shaffer.... No he is

Letterman ..... Oh!!! He is alive!

Paul Shaffer yelling ..... VERY MUCH SO

Well, Looks like I underestimated Shaffer.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 29, 2008 10:40

Maybe he was confusing Keith with Brian...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 29, 2008 10:44

TrulyMicks
Rockman
Letterman said.....

Nope, you're not missing anything at all. To the contrary, you hit the nail precisely on the head. The sad thing is, and Letterman looks the worse for it, is that he can't hide that jealousy ... so he decides to go the route of making what he thinks are humourous remarks, and ends up looking a bit of a twit as a consequence. You'd have thought he'd have known better, or at least I would.

Date: July 29, 2008 11:00

paulywaul
TrulyMicks
Rockman
Letterman said.....

Nope, you're not missing anything at all. To the contrary, you hit the nail precisely on the head. The sad thing is, and Letterman looks the worse for it, is that he can't hide that jealousy ... so he decides to go the route of making what he thinks are humourous remarks, and ends up looking a bit of a twit as a consequence. You'd have thought he'd have known better, or at least I would.

Letterman is a late night host...among the many that are out there. Their DUTY is to provide jokes for the masses. The usual jokes these hosts have at their disposal range from George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, John McCain and yes even are beloved Rolling Stones. To attatch a psychological study on Letterman or any other comedian who makes a comment towards the Stones is pointless as these guys need a joke for their monologue. They'll take anything they can find.

The writers don't go and ask Dave..."Dave, do you have a private jealousy towards the Stones? If so, we can make you a couple nice zingers about their old age. Would you like that?"

It's assumed everyone will laugh at a Stones/age joke... Nothing more...nothing less Freudian about it. It's all but funny to the Stones fans of course.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:17

Justin
paulywaul
TrulyMicks
Rockman
Letterman said.....

Letterman is a late night host...among the many that are out there. Their DUTY is to provide jokes for the masses. The usual jokes these hosts have at their disposal range from George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, John McCain and yes even are beloved Rolling Stones. To attatch a psychological study on Letterman or any other comedian who makes a comment towards the Stones is pointless as these guys need a joke for their monologue. They'll take anything they can find.

The writers don't go and ask Dave..."Dave, do you have a private jealousy towards the Stones? If so, we can make you a couple nice zingers about their old age. Would you like that?"

It's assumed everyone will laugh at a Stones/age joke... Nothing more...nothing less Freudian about it. It's all but funny to the Stones fans of course.

Yeah, you're probably right, with respect ot the way it works. It's just that I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to "jokes" about the boys, don't like 'em for the most part.

Date: July 29, 2008 11:26

I don't think Dave is jealous of Mick and Keith , but it seems like every time He Mentions Mick Jagger he kind of says his name under his breath like "that mick jagger..." with a tone that seems to imply "Who does he think he is??". Its not big deal but Its noticalbe to me. But the stones being who they are draw a lot of attention to themselves, so they get a reaction like that from a lot of people.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:29

In a way I find it strangely satisfying that third-rate "entertainers" are still making quips like this 44 years after Dean Martin.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 29, 2008 11:30

Didn't Keith have a falling out with Letterman some years ago?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 29, 2008 11:32

Ive heard that too but I don't know of any details about it. they both lived in the same area of connecticut.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home