Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine a light and Buddy Guy
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 25, 2008 21:17

I just watched Champagne and reefer on youtube and I noticed that in the end Keith gave is guitar to Buddy Guy.He gave it for real or just for the camera?

Re: Shine a light and Buddy Guy
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 25, 2008 21:19

oh, you're fast smiling smiley
it was a real gift, of course!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2008 22:06

it was a gift because it was a guild not a FENDER or A GIBSON,and also that was a model that buddy guy likes

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 25, 2008 22:53

I wasn't lucky enought to see it on cinema and also I didn't like it to spoil it with torrents or youtube,but I couldn't help it for this song sad smiley.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: July 25, 2008 23:10

"it was a gift because it was a guild not a FENDER or A GIBSON,and also that was a model that buddy guy likes"

It was a gift because Buddy Guy by all accounts is the best living blues guitarist going and he showed Mick (working to hard) how to sing effortlely (deep and gravely) with more impact and Ronnie and Keith how it's done (clean, sharp and soulfull)......I saw Keith paying respect to an art form he did not quite master and I'd like to think the make of guitar had little to do with it.

Truly a great jesture

Re: Shine a Light and Buddy Guy
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 26, 2008 11:48

>> I'd like to think the make of guitar had little to do with it <<

... the guitar being a make and model that Buddy Guy favours had plenty to do with it.
it wasn't just a coincidence that Keith had a Guild Starfire for Champagne and Reefer that night.
on the first night he used his white 345. on the second night he paid homage with a beautiful gesture.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home