Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Oasis Beats U2 To Abbey Road
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:37

I didn't think or even know there was ANY demand for that Oasis band yet alone any kind of "anticipation" for such garbage? I just don't get that.

[www.rte.ie]

Oasis beat U2 to Abbey Road studio

Oasis star Noel Gallagher has revealed how his band beat U2 to the use of Abbey Road Studios where the English group recorded their new album.

Speaking to Mojo magazine, Gallagher revealed that he paid for London's famed Abbey Road Studios up front ahead of a booking by the Irish group.

U2 had apparently pre-booked Abbey Road for last December, but Gallagher says he gave Abbey Road a "bag of money" in order to get the studio ahead of them.
Advertisement

Gallagher said: "The guy from Abbey Road was like, 'I've got it block-booked for the exact time you want it'."

The Oasis star added: "We actually went down to Abbey Road with a bag of money, and said, 'We can pay for the studio now'."

Oasis' much-anticipated seventh studio album 'Dig Out Your Soul' will be released on 3 October through Big Brother Recordings.

Re: OT: Oasis Beats U2 To Abbey Road
Posted by: turd ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:41

Couln't give a flying f*ck if they record their next album at Abbey Road or on the moon - it will be another crap Oasis album I wont waste my money on.
They have not one shread of originality.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:44

The Beatles wiped their arses w/these bands.

Date: July 24, 2008 18:49

Oh there's more! Notice this Noel guy says "like" and sounds like what he is, an idiot. So I'm guessing he actually didn't SAY those things because those are LIKE what he said? Ha ha....

From [www.gigwise.com]

Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has claimed that the band paid off the owners of the Abbey Road Studio in London so they could record their new album there.

According to the guitarist, the studio was already booked by U2 for when the band wanted it last December.

"U2 were booked in there with (producer) Rick Rubin. I was like, 'U2? U2 have to have a @#$%& six-hour meeting (to discuss) whether to get tea or coffee in the rehearsal room! They are not coming in here any time in the next five years',” he told Mojo Magazine.

"The guy from Abbey Road was like, 'I've got it block-booked for the exact time you want it.'

"We actually went down to Abbey Road with a bag of money, and said, 'We can pay for the studio now'."

Oasis's new studio album 'Dig Out Your Soul' is released on October 6th. It will be preceded by the first single, 'The Shock Of Lightning', which is out on September 28th.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:36

I'd rather listen to an Oasis album anyday over a U2 album. Oasis may not be very original but I really like their music. On the other hand, I can't stand U2.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:42

Wow. I think you're the first person I've ever come across in any way that likes Oasis.

Over U2 is even more astounding!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:44

The first two Oasis albums are absolutely superb, and they are still a fantastic live act.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:45

Everything I've ever heard by them has been total complete 100% crap. And they're ugly to boot.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:51

...takes one to know one.

Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:53

I love Oasis and I find news like this U2/Abbey Road story to be hilarious.

Date: July 24, 2008 21:03

skipstone
Wow. I think you're the first person I've ever come across in any way that likes Oasis.

You must not speak to many people then 'cause Oasis have sold loads of albums and have many fans. In fact, their second album became the biggest selling album in the history of Britain when it came out.

Date: July 24, 2008 21:11

...and in the UK, they still sell shedloads more albums than the Stones.

Date: July 24, 2008 23:02

I don't live in England. And as I've pointed out, I don't know anyone that likes them. Not only have I never known anyone who likes them but I've never seen ONE album of theirs at any party I've ever been to in the United States.

To me, they are like Hootie - 14 million people can be wrong.

Date: July 24, 2008 23:04

skipstone
I don't live in England. And as I've pointed out, I don't know anyone that likes them. Not only have I never known anyone who likes them but I've never seen ONE album of theirs at any party I've ever been to in the United States.

To me, they are like Hootie - 14 million people can be wrong.

...you're obviously going to the wrong parties.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 24, 2008 23:09

Talk is cheap.
Any publicity for a new album is good I guess.
But who knows, maybe it has decent tracks this time. Time will tell.

Date: July 24, 2008 23:12

Well, as long as they don't have any Oasis then I'm at a decent party. The last thing I need is a downer like that. Of course I have heard other things just as bad if not worse. It seems to generally be people I don't know but more of someone a friend knows, etc...go to eat crawfish, get stuck listening to trash.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 24, 2008 23:14

I have loved Oasis since they penned the brilliant "Acquiesce"
There last CD album was fantastic and I can't wait to hear the new one.

I am one American that has followed them since 1995.

Great in concert too.
I love the way Noel and Liam's voices blend like 70's Jagger Richards.

oops...did I go to far?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 25, 2008 00:03

Its amazing the venom produced on this board when you mention a successful band other than the stones???

get over it.

Oasis any day over U2, Coldplay, Radiohead or any other of the semi politcal shoe gazing tosh....

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 25, 2008 00:09

ablett
Its amazing the venom produced on this board when you mention a successful band other than the stones???

get over it.

Now, that's precisely what I was thinking.

Date: July 25, 2008 00:14

You only have to mention the word Macca and suddenly its like 1964 all over again

Who's better who's best.....

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 25, 2008 00:53

Remember that this is NOT America.

This is Manchester, England on a typical wet evening:

<object

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: July 25, 2008 00:56

I can take or leave Oasis depends on moods etc, I liked their last album far better than anything they had done for years, their second is by far my favourite by them.
The thing is nowadays they are more likely to be slagging off somebody or other when they need to promote their own product,
I just think they are hilarious when they start going on about Sting or Bono I'm sure most of it is just to get publicity for whatever project they are promoting at the time , 'cause you never hear a peep out of Noel unless he has something to sell , and the press buy it every time , wind up lots of people and take the money, they are after all a couple of Manc' lads that have done very well for them selves.
They play a good tune every now and then as well, nobody has to buy their albums but an awful lot of people have.

Date: July 25, 2008 02:18

The fact is that Noel and Bono get on quite well.
In the book 'Getting High' (I think thats where I read it) Bono was full of advice for Noel at a mutual gig.
Noel really appreciated Bonos perspective on being hugely famous and recognizable and how life is now forever different.

I don't think there is any animosity between the 2.
He probably rented out AR studios just to jerk with Bono.

Date: July 25, 2008 05:06

Venom? Great character. Wants to eat Spidey.

What, so fu*cking what if someone (me) thinks Oasis sucks.

Date: July 25, 2008 05:14

skipstone
Venom? Great character. Wants to eat Spidey.

What, so fu*cking what if someone (me) thinks Oasis sucks.

That proves it.
You've never even heard Oasis

Go give em a try.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 25, 2008 10:45

skipstone

Over U2 is even more astounding!

Make that two people. Oasis are great. They still churn out a few really great tracks on each album. Liam is a great singer as well.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 25, 2008 10:51

They are sure hated but I think they have some great songs and I'm interested enough to buy he new album.

Date: July 25, 2008 10:59

Some of these comments - 'crap', 'unoriginal', 'they're ugly' sound familiar....hmm, ah yes it was my parents generation when the Stones hit the scene in the '60s!
To me, Oasis have been like The Stones as opposed to Blur being like The Beatles - the bad boys with attitude versus the good clean cut boys. This won't mean much perhaps if you weren't in the UK in the latter half of the 1990's when Britpop hit the airwaves. Some of the Oasis gigs I have been to over the years have rated as the best Live music I have witnessed. They are on the road again later this year, so go see them and don't look back in anger.....

Date: July 25, 2008 11:28

"What, so fu*cking what if someone (me) thinks Oasis sucks."

edicate dear boy, edicate!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 25, 2008 13:18

Speaking of Oasis, didn't Liam have a spat (albeit through the press) with Keith Richards. Liam was threatening to pummel him.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home