Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones tour ticket alert!
Date: July 24, 2008 17:46

According to a German website there is a rolling stones ticket alert..i don't speak a word of german and BONO posted this on the "bring back mick taylor since ronnie can't tour" thread..

[www.eventim.de]

Re: Rolling Stones tour ticket alert!
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 24, 2008 17:53

since you opend a new thread about hot air, I'll quote myself:

Well you've covered most of it, Bono.
the rest is the usual yada-yada, but the end is funny, lol.

"sie feiern Ronnie Woods brillante Gitarrenvirtuosität und würdigen die Respekt einflößende Energie von Charlie Watts als Antriebswerk des Ganzen."

they celebrate Ronnie Wood's brilliant guitar virtuosity and honour Charlie Watts blabla...

Date: July 24, 2008 18:32

I thought it was important... i'm not well versed on these tour alerts but i've heard they've done good jobs predicting.. now it may be a different company

Posted by: Bono ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:38

If eventim start a ticket alert with the headline "rolling stones tickets soon in Sell"...is that 110% right!!!
EVENTIM is the biggest and famous ticket-seller in Germany!

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:41

Any chance of a translation?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:56

All it says is that 'we will inform you as soon as there is any news from The Rolling Stones'. The rest of the advert is basic blurb about the band. Just sheer opportunism.

Date: July 24, 2008 18:59

Silver Dagger
All it says is that 'we will inform you as soon as there is any news from The Rolling Stones'. The rest of the advert is basic blurb about the band. Just sheer opportunism.

But thats all any "ticket alert" would be, right?

WHat else are they going to say other than "ticket alert"?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:08

stoned in washington dc
According to a German website there is a rolling stones ticket alert..

BS. It's just a registration site, if something might happen and NOT that something is going on or happening at the moment.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:17

If eventim started a ticket alert, you could order tickets some weeks later in most cases.
But I'm very very surprised at THAT ticket alert. Maybe there aren't any hot acts apart from AC/DC which will tour next so they open a RS-alert in order to get eMail-adresses...

Date: July 24, 2008 19:21

RollingStonesFan
If eventim started a ticket alert, you could order tickets some weeks later in most cases.
But I'm very very surprised at THAT ticket alert. Maybe there aren't any hot acts apart from AC/DC which will tour next so they open a RS-alert in order to get eMail-adresses...

THIS IS NOT A TICKET ALERT!!!!!!

It's just to register if there is a Ticket alert coming up!!!

Date: July 24, 2008 19:21

Roadster32

BS. It's just a registration site, if something might happen and [b

NOT[/b] that something is going on or happening at the moment.

And THAT is WRONG!!! You are right, that is a registration site, BUT not every ticket-alert has the headline "bald im Vorverkauf" (Sell soon)!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:22

I'm sure one can sign up for an alert that notifies you when
Hell is about to freeze in

...but as always - keep fidelity in your head

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:24

"Founded in 1962, The Rolling Stones enjoy their status as the oldest rock band in the world. Especially as a live band they have been in their own, very exclusive league for a long time. The honesty and the virtuosity with which they control their craft is evident in every concert, and shows the Stones simultaneously at their most charismatic and most intimate.

During the last tour ('A Bigger Bang') the band circled the globe and presented the most thrilling and most immense rock'n'roll show in the world. Devoted fans and critics unanimously cheered Mick Jagger's aura as the world's best rock'n'roll Frontman, Keith Richards remains the ultimate guitar-champion with his awesome, over-frothing talent, the fans celebrated Ronnie Wood's excellent guitar virtuosity and appreciated the respect-giving energy of Charlie Watts as the engine of the whole spectacle.

We will inform you, as soon as there is news from The Rolling Stones!"

This is a direct translation of the German text.

Then you are prompted to register your email in the empty text field, presumably to be the first to hear of the 'forthcoming' Stones tour. As Silver Dagger wrote...it smacks of sheer naked opportunism...unless someone at Eventim knows something no one else in the world knows. It all sounds amateurish...including the ridiculous blurb..."oldest band in the world"...Keef's "over-frothing talent", Charlie's "respect-giving energy"...who spews this crap out?

Date: July 24, 2008 19:24

Nochmal auf deutsch:

Bei eventim kann man sich für ca. 1000 Künstler registrieren lassen, falls Tickets im Vorverkauf kommen...z.B. für U2, Aerosmith, Will Smith, Rod Stewart etc.!

ABER: Wenn über diesen Ticketalarm "Tickets bald im Vorverkauf" steht, dann ist das zu 110% SICHER das der Künstler auch in Deutschland auftitt, sprich das es bald (2-6 Wochen) Tickets dafür gibt! Und das ist hier, bei den Rolling Stones der Fall!!!

Das ist bei eventim eben so, das weiß ich ganz sicher! Ist bei AC/DC jetzt auch so: "Tickets bald im Vorverkauf"!

Wer was anderes behauptet liegt völlig falsch und kennt sich mit eventim NICHT aus!

Ich kann das eben nicht auf englisch erklären/schreiben...sorry...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-24 19:27 by Bono.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:29

what about ac dc?? any ticket alerts?

please in english!

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:31

Roadster32
RollingStonesFan

No! It says: "The Rolling Stones Tickets bald im Vorverkauf" which means: "Rolling Stones tickets soon available at presale". And the headline says: "Tickelalarm" = ticket alert...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 24, 2008 19:37

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Date: July 24, 2008 19:52

RollingStonesFan
Roadster32
RollingStonesFan

No! It says: "The Rolling Stones Tickets bald im Vorverkauf" which means: "Rolling Stones tickets soon available at presale". And the headline says: "Tickelalarm" = ticket alert...

Ok, one more time...this is bullshit!!!

Choose any artist you like on the eventim site for ticket alarm and you'll get the same headline:
"Tickets bald im Vorverkauf"
[www.eventim.de]
[www.eventim.de]

But anyway you can believe in what you like...dream on until 2010.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 24, 2008 20:26

Can`t believe ...... but a dream comes true again!

But 100 % fact is:

In every case eventim startet "alert for ticket registration"

tickets go on sale between 2-6 weeks later.

Most Concerts eventim sales (only germany) starts between 1 month and 12 month after registration for alert !!!!!

For example: Tina Turner registration is 2 month ago. Ticket sales started one month ago for germany concert tour start in Januar 2009.

I don`t remember a "eventim registration for alert" and there was no tour!

Bono is right with his telling !

Grüsse

Gerhard

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-24 20:31 by satisfaction2.

Date: July 24, 2008 20:46

satisfaction2
Can`t believe ...... but a dream comes true again!

But 100 % fact is:

In every case eventim startet "alert for ticket registration"

tickets go on sale between 2-6 weeks later.

Most Concerts eventim sales (only germany) starts between 1 month and 12 month after registration for alert !!!!!

For example: Tina Turner registration is 2 month ago. Ticket sales started one month ago for germany concert tour start in Januar 2009.

I don`t remember a "eventim registration for alert" and there was no tour!

Bono is right with his telling !

Grüsse

Gerhard

...and I believe in father christmas!!!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 24, 2008 21:37

Me too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home