Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Tour is on - Maybe without Ronnie - Holy Shit
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 22, 2008 13:46

alimente
NickB
Alimente my friend I'm 1st in line. See ya at the audition.

OK, you wait until Ive finished and then lets have a drink, pal!

What you having? Guiness? See ya there.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: July 22, 2008 13:47

paulywaul
I actually wrote that as a complete joke ... are you telling me it actually WORKS, that is to say it links you to a voice message or something ? Stop winding me up ?

It worked for me.......No, really it did!!

NickB

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 22, 2008 13:53

NickB
paulywaul
I actually wrote that as a complete joke ... are you telling me it actually WORKS, that is to say it links you to a voice message or something ? Stop winding me up ?

Lying toad ... bollocks I tell you, total and utter bollocks !!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 22, 2008 13:56

Amsterdamned
I wish Ron all the best!
Let's hope Mick Taylor gets the job if Ron doesn't make it and let the R.Stones kick ass one more time like they did in the early 7tees.

Yeah, sure. great idea - he would barely be able to climb the stairs to the stage and probably hide behind the amps half the time sulking or just not show up anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-22 13:58 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2008 13:56

alimente
skelly

Nice one, I've got audition number 356, Keith also told me that he's reluctantly given Mick Taylor slot number 1000 winking smiley Just incase.

Taylor? Taylor is no competition for us nowadays. No need to worry.

quote alimente]
skelly

Nice one, I've got audition number 356, Keith also told me that he's reluctantly given Mick Taylor slot number 1000 winking smiley Just incase.

Taylor? Taylor is no competition for us nowadays. No need to worry.[/quote]

You wouldn't stand a chance,otherwise you were not on this board posting...

Date: July 22, 2008 13:57

paulywaul
NickB
paulywaul

Lying toad ... bollocks I tell you, total and utter bollocks !!

ROTFLMAO.

NickB

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:00

"the bird said Tour Tour Tour Ronnie Go No Go Go No Go Tour No Tour Tour Tour Tour"

This is really encrypted, this is an Enigma bird, but my guess this is not a denial about the rumour.

Otherwise, we would have a solid comment about the usal irrelevant bullshit published about the Stones

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:01

Lorenz
Amsterdamned
I wish Ron all the best!
Let's hope Mick Taylor gets the job if Ron doesn't make it and let the R.Stones kick ass one more time like they did in the early 7tees.

Yeah, sure. great idea - he would barely be able to climb the stairs to the stage and probably hide behind the amps half the time sulking or just not show up anyway.

Yes behind the amps maybe,...but playing like hell,the Stones give him that boost and Taylor gives them that boost!

Date: July 22, 2008 14:07

I am looking into my imaginary crystal ball. I can see the sun rising.........some pistols.......no they're handbags.......I can see two people fighting.......one seems to have a Stones Tshirt from 1972.........The other I can make out from 1978. Handbags at dawn

Well f*** me it's the old Ronnie Vs MickT wankathon rearing it's ugly head.

NickB

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:10

Did you ever get the name of the spokesperson of the Wood family? It is a woman, that much I know." - Donna

BV, have you got any more of that acid?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:16

Amsterdamned

You wouldn't stand a chance,otherwise you were not on this board posting...

well Im posting here because I am not famous...yet!!!

but wait until this audition, Im # 331 in line!!!

I probably have no chance to get the job, but I am gonna use it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:21

humanriff77
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20080722/ten-the-rolling-stones-to-tour-without-w-c60bd6d.html

The whole thing smacks of a carefully engineered PSA by the Stones publicity department aimed at giving Young Ronald a public wake up call.

there's no 'upcoming' tour. Everyone can go back to sleep for the next 12 months.

Date: July 22, 2008 14:22

Alternative future

Star Trek date 25.434

Stones touring in Europe in 2009

Only-arena tour.

No plane for the band, but instead a private, luxury train Orient Express style.

Wyman can join, no risk of flying.

Date: July 22, 2008 14:27

Gazza, what is a PSA?

According to Wikipedia, it can mean Poultry Science Association, a poultry science association based in the United States.

Date: July 22, 2008 14:32

Public Service Announcement

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:37

Gazza
humanriff77
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20080722/ten-the-rolling-stones-to-tour-without-w-c60bd6d.html

The whole thing smacks of a carefully engineered PSA by the Stones publicity department aimed at giving Young Ronald a public wake up call.

there's no 'upcoming' tour. Everyone can go back to sleep for the next 12 months.

Yes, thats what I thought too. But it may be an indication that the Stones are indeed a bit frightened by Ronnies current situation. This time its not ***just*** alcohilism and rehab routine, this time he is on his way to f**k up his private family life big time.

Never heard about an "upcoming" tour either.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:37

IF the Stones tour again and IF Ronnie would not be there, I would expect Blondie to receive a promotion or possibly Pierre de Beauport get a chance to play on stage. I certainly don't think we would see a "name" replacement. It would be treated like Bill Wyman's departure and the replacement would be a sideman.

Date: July 22, 2008 14:41

Gazza
humanriff77

<<< The whole thing smacks of a carefully engineered PSA by the Stones publicity department aimed at giving Young Ronald a public wake up call >>>

Yes it does actually, all jokes aside. And if indeed that's what it is, lets hope it has the desired effect.

Ironic really. After Keith's quite impressive history of addiction, busts, arrests etc having in its time at one point jeopardized the continuance of the band, here we suddenly find ourselves in 2008, Keith's almost a paragon of virtue these days ... and presumably none too chuffed with "young Ronald's" current antics. How times have changed !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-22 14:58 by paulywaul.

Date: July 22, 2008 14:54

Well, thats happened a few times. Even as far back as 1981 - I remember reading an interview with the Stones in 'Sounds' at the beginning of their tour and being astonished at how candid, angry and blunt Keith was to an interviewer about the shape Ronnie was in "that boy's not going to be around for much longer, the way he's going.."

the main difference between the two has always appeared to be that Keith (maybe down to him being some kind of freak of nature) has usually managed to keep some degree of control on his addictions to the point where it doesn't threaten to derail his career or kill him. Ronnie has always seemed to be more 'fragile' and with greater demons to take care of.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:55

A source tells British newspaper The Daily Express, "Mick officially becomes a pensioner (retire) at the end of July...

they need a source to tell them that?
how much do they pay?
I'll do it 10 pounds cheaper.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 22, 2008 14:59

Gazza
Public Service Announcement

...with guitar.

that's what it'll be when the time is right.
now it's silly paper season & the summer sales, isn't it?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 15:21

Gazza

I don't think that the Stones publicity department might be involved. If it was an action to give "Young Ronald a public wake up call," I seriously doubt they would do it via Yahoo News, which is the first and the only place this thing appeared. I am sure somebody just made it up because he/she had to submit some article.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 22, 2008 15:35

Can someone tell The Daily Express, to stop calling my house at 3AM. Next time I will tell them "Mick is itching to do a solo tour"

Date: July 22, 2008 15:38

Bingo
Can someone tell The Daily Express, to stop calling my house at 3AM. Next time I will tell them "Mick is itching to do a solo tour"

Too early ? OK ... make it 5:30 AM

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 22, 2008 15:40

Edith Grove
NickB
Absolute F£$%^&*in poppycock.

Poppycock? Haven't heard that word in a long time!
It'll be interesting to see how many words for B-S appear in this thread.

, piffle, tripe, twaddle, balderdash, stuff 'n' nonsense.

...and apart from anything else...Ronnie would probably straighten out perfectly well for any projected tour if it were to be in the pipe line.
It's unfortunate that he falls of the cart quite often...but he does always manage to clamber back on.
Time he started to question how many lives he has left though !

Date: July 22, 2008 15:54

Happy24
Gazza

I don't think that the Stones publicity department might be involved. If it was an action to give "Young Ronald a public wake up call," I seriously doubt they would do it via Yahoo News, which is the first and the only place this thing appeared. I am sure somebody just made it up because he/she had to submit some article.

I dont know about it being "the first" but its certainly not "the only".

Its in the Daily Express this morning, taking up a quarter of page 16 with a colour pic of Michael Philip Jagger alongside it....

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 16:08

okay Gazza, I didn't know about that. But that doesn't add much credit to the news. I think we can aggree on that, right?

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 22, 2008 16:53

This must be so frustrating for the other band members and Ron's family. I know he's an alcoholic, but to have this gig handed to you on a silver platter, and not even be able to keep it together....he pisses me off sometimes

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 22, 2008 17:35

Dude, the fact that you keep wishing the almost half there Mick Taylor - do you know what year it is? There are these ablums, they started in 1969 and the last one was in 1974 and there is even one from 1981 with two tracks - that have that Mick Taylor fella on them. Not on every song of course but he's on them.

Maybe I'll start a petition to get Brian Jones back in the band. That might work. In fact, I bet that would work better than getting Mick T back in the band.

But it wouldn't get him back in the band.

Tour? HA HA!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2008 17:42

This is the UK press filling up pages during summer time.
The Stones organization would not really make any announcement.
Why? There is nothing to tell. Ronnie needs to sober up.
He needs to be fit before next summer, simple as that.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home