Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Daily Mail article on Mick at 65
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2008 22:05

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Fairly predictable stuff but some nice pictures.

Re: Daily Mail article on Mick at 65
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 20, 2008 23:43

Thanks for posting this

Date: July 21, 2008 00:30

That was a cool article.

Kind of a threadjack but... Why is the age of the Rolling Stones always so much of a big deal? Paul McCartney is even older than Mick and Keith and I don't see people talking about his age all the time and cracking jokes about the fact that he's an old man. Same goes for Eric Clapton and other old rockstars from the 60's or the 70's like Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, David Bowie, etc...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-21 00:36 by Memo From Tina Turner.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 21, 2008 01:33

Remember when Pete Townshend contributed a lengthy (of course) article (or meditation) to Rolling Stone when Mick turned 40?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 21, 2008 14:53

Great read, even though we all know that stuff. Thanks for posting it, and yes, really great photos!! What other man has the body of a 21 year old at his age?? I love the face as well!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 21, 2008 15:12

Memo From Tina Turner
That was a cool article.

Kind of a threadjack but... Why is the age of the Rolling Stones always so much of a big deal? Paul McCartney is even older than Mick and Keith and I don't see people talking about his age all the time and cracking jokes about the fact that he's an old man. Same goes for Eric Clapton and other old rockstars from the 60's or the 70's like Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, David Bowie, etc...

Because Jagger's much more physical on stage so it's a 2 fold thing - #1 - when will he give up performing totally? and #2 - When will he be forced to stop leaping about - but still sing live on stage with a lot less movement because his age has finally gotten to him... those other guys you mentioned don't really have to worry about #2.... BTW, it's starting to really look like Bowie has retired 100% so he's kinda gone already.....

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 21, 2008 15:33

The Charlie quote: I thought what he'd actually said was that Mick was the most interesting person(s) he'd ever met.
A subtle difference.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 21, 2008 16:15

jlowe
The Charlie quote: I thought what he'd actually said was that Mick was the most interesting person(s) he'd ever met.
A subtle difference.

"A kaleidoscope of a man" - I like that.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 21, 2008 16:20

HelterSkelter
Memo From Tina Turner
That was a cool article.

Because Jagger's much more physical on stage so it's a 2 fold thing - #1 - when will he give up performing totally? and #2 - When will he be forced to stop leaping about - but still sing live on stage with a lot less movement because his age has finally gotten to him... those other guys you mentioned don't really have to worry about #2.... BTW, it's starting to really look like Bowie has retired 100% so he's kinda gone already.....

About Bowie:
From what I hear, he is very unhappy with his record company. They won't let him go, so he stopped making albums until he can get free from the record contract in 2012. Let's hope that he makes 3 albums to be released the same day in 2012, to celebrate his release.

BTW: This is just grapewine rumors though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: July 21, 2008 16:28

As you know Kent these contract things can make a real mess out of established careers - Prince, George Michael, John Fogerty, etc so lets hope it's a fast one on Bowie if this is the case. BTW, thank's for the kind words and support when I had my block problem last week. Appreciate it, Helter.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 21, 2008 17:02

Bowie: I'm amazed that these guys still sign these contracts though-I suppose the deals in pure monetary terms are better than those which give the artists more "freedom" - but heck, do they really need the money? I can't imagine Macca getting tied up like that anymore

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 21, 2008 21:54

mickschix
What other man has the body of a 21 year old at his age??

Well, Ron Wood recently had the body of a 19 year old until he checked himself back into rehab.

Date: July 22, 2008 02:50

ohnonotyouagain
mickschix
What other man has the body of a 21 year old at his age??

Well, Ron Wood recently had the body of a 19 year old until he checked himself back into rehab.

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: July 22, 2008 12:50

Green Lady, thanks for the interesting article!

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: July 22, 2008 17:56

Yes, great article, thanks so much Green Lady.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home