Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones tour late next year ?
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: July 19, 2008 00:59

Ronnie is being asked to do a reunion tour with the faces early next year.
The following was said about that in an article:

"The Stones aren't going to tour for over a year so Woody has a window of opportunity".

Does this mean the Stones have plans for a new tour yet ?
Fingers crossed !

Re: Stones tour late next year ?
Date: July 19, 2008 01:10

I know this will be met with resistance but................. I think they should hang it up. If they tour it should be small venues. I believe that they are harming their reputation by touring at this point.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 19, 2008 22:34

It means nothing for now. Other than the Stones are not touring so Woody can go do a Faces tour.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 20, 2008 01:47

I thought ABB was a great tour, at least the shows I saw, at which they were still playing four (three at one) ABB songs. Overall better than Licks, thanks to the guitar players. Way Way better than Steel Wheels. I know various things during the 2 years and Keith was erratic after his accident. And I like their records.

Date: July 20, 2008 02:21

Well, Charlie agreed to tour on ABB with the agreement it was his last, so we'll have to see if he stays true to his word or not. Then there's Ronnie's current situation and how that forbodes in the future and if Keef and Mick still want to fire up the machine again. Time will tell but I made sure I went to as many ABB shows as I could just in case.

The Who on the other hand claim they will tour until they no longer are able to. Daltrey said they won't look so good when they're 90 but they will still sound great!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 20, 2008 03:19

NumberOneStonesFan
Well, Charlie agreed to tour on ABB with the agreement it was his last, so we'll have to see if he stays true to his word or not. Then there's Ronnie's current situation and how that forbodes in the future and if Keef and Mick still want to fire up the machine again. Time will tell but I made sure I went to as many ABB shows as I could just in case.

And your source is from where?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 20, 2008 03:21

sweetcharmedlife
NumberOneStonesFan

I heard this as well, but most figured this to be the usual Charlie rhetoric.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 20, 2008 03:47

Let the insurance company after the health physicals decide if they are able to tour.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 20, 2008 03:53

Edith Grove
sweetcharmedlife
NumberOneStonesFan

I heard this as well, but most figured this to be the usual Charlie rhetoric.

Wasn't Charlie asked during the press conference for Shine A Light and responded with something like "I've had a nice life doing this" and said he was willing to keep going?

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: July 20, 2008 04:32

i think its enough , why would they want to do another tour?
let them rest for a while!
if they do something , theyll just tell you , just wait!

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: July 20, 2008 07:15

I really think they should call it a day regarding touring. I think a big tour is out of the question, a mini one would be fine. So, is a new cd coming next year?

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: July 20, 2008 13:06

"Pinetop" Perkins is touring these days, 95 years old. Gonna see him at Notodden Blues Festival August the 1st.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 20, 2008 13:12

A big tour - 2 years! - had its share of incidents that didn't derail them but (I'm in the US) led to some off nights/sheduling problems in Europe. Too long for a band in their 60s. Rather see an old fashionded 6 - 8 week stint here, followed by one in Europe. With a new album, of course. They obviously still love playing live (well, don't know if Mick "loves' it, but he thrives on performing live). It's their purpose in life, despite occasional nights when one or the other seems to be staggering along a tightrope. I'm thrilled I saw wonderful shows.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: July 20, 2008 13:21

Hope they stop to tour.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: July 20, 2008 13:26

better then steelwheels tour???? c'mon bro.....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 20, 2008 14:32

I'm really looking forward to the next Stones tour. It's gonna be great.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 20, 2008 15:03

I always thought they'd tour again in 2009-2010/2011.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 20, 2008 15:12

I'm only interested in something new, something fresh with regards to a new Stones tour. Another Vegas style show doesn't do it for me anymore. I realised that when seeing them at opening night in 2007.

Hope they tour, hope they come up with a new concept.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 20, 2008 15:55

mr edward
I'm only interested in something new, something fresh with regards to a new Stones tour. Another Vegas style show doesn't do it for me anymore. I realised that when seeing them at opening night in 2007.

exactly my thoughts too.

the Stones are such great musicians, just imagine what great music they could still create if they are not forced to act like a greatest hits jukebox again!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: July 20, 2008 19:41

The only way they will tour without it being a greatest hits setlist is if they play all smaa venues, and I doubt that will happen if they are going to do another Stadium/Areana type tour it will be a greatest hits setlist that is just the facts plain and simple.

Date: July 20, 2008 19:57

keith cant play , it wouldnt be a great tour anyway ( that's if they go on tour)

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 20, 2008 21:22

Keith's book might serve as an impetus for a tour...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 20, 2008 21:22

If they record a new record they'll name the tour after it but will only play 1 or maybe 2 songs from it and it will be another Bang kind of tour - old songs, warhorses and some slaughterings of tunes they never played before that they should have left alone.

Performance wise they were no where near how they were during the Licks tour.

Date: July 20, 2008 21:29

yeah , Licks was the last of the great tours.
i dont think they cant make any better than licks these days

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 20, 2008 21:30

mr edward

And by doing that they could prove still being one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands in the world.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:00

Short tour 09/10 and then rest till the last tour in 2012/2013 for the 50th birthday !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:22

Am I a ban fan for feeling a bit burned-out on them?
I'm suffering from a bit of 'who-cares-bring-on-zeppelin-itis' right now at this point.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 21, 2008 12:57

Licks Tour was an awesome concept, with 3 different shows

ABB 2005 was absolutely nice. Lucky US fans once again
ABB 2006 was partly delayed, but almost as good as 2005
ABB Euro 2007 was pretty bad for the 1st dates, better in Paris, awesome in Lyon, then with a few ups and down, and ended great in London.

If O2 show #3 had to be their final, I'd say it was a perfect final show. Musically good ( not perfect, but really nice) - setlist with a few great songs (Aint Too Proud to Beg, She Was Hot and YCAGWYW)and some emotion, but not too much, just perfect.

I really don't wish to see them doing the tour too much.
Not only the insurers can stop them for health reasons but Mick also probably would prefer to stay in the memories and in rock history as The best act ever, rather than a being caricature of what they used to be a few years ago.

Keith is too much into it to realize he may be too old to tour.
Keith has the heart, but Mick has the brain. He is the reasonable guy

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 21, 2008 13:02

Harm
mr edward

And by doing that they could prove still being one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands in the world.

Exactly.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 21, 2008 13:14

a big NO to another stadium-las vegas-tour!!!
small shows here and there, back to the roots, no big-hits shows: anytime!!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home