Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T-ish : Little Feat featuring Timbernardis,Indigo O2,Friday 11th July,2008
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:05

Hello,

At a loose end last Friday,so I decide to see Little Feat at the Indigo at the O2.I've just collected my ticket from the box office and was looking for a steak-house when I see The T-Shirt fom 10 paces away...is it..nah,can't be...lo and behold The Plexi!!!

Great to meet you again Tim and your family:I hope you had a fine journey home too.

Little Feat were a good turn,too...

Cheers,

Si.

Re: O/T-ish : Little Feat featuring Timbernardis,Indigo O2,Friday 11th July,2008
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:10

man awesome photos i love little feat .have seen them so many times .these guys are so good wow i miss them .i hope they come around my neck of the woods .Feats dont fail me now.cause i got a fat man in the bathtub with the blues i hear you moaning.

Re: O/T-ish : Little Feat featuring Timbernardis,Indigo O2,Friday 11th July,2008
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:23

and was looking for a steak-house when I see The T-Shirt fom 10 paces away...is it..nah,can't be...lo and behold The Plexi!!!

Haha, great description - I can picture the scene.
nice you met each other, chances that you don't meet at the very same concerts aren't that slim.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:11

Thats hilarious. You're 200 miles from home and going to a concert which has absolutely no Stones involvement whatsoever and you bump into this guy from 5,000 miles away who just happens to be there (and its not even a tourist area) and he's wearing his own personalised Stones shirt.....LOL

..and I thought bumping into you at the bar at the Neil Young gig in Manchester was a freak occurrence....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:15

lol- nice photos, as usual, Simon.

...and to meet the legend, that is The Plexi, once again, must
have been quite a thrill for you.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:31

Great pix once again Simon. How are the band these days and what's in their setlist?
I saw them supporting The Who in 76, then at Hammersmith Odeon the same year when Mick Taylor came on for the encore, and twice at the Rainbow in 77.

There's a great boot DVD just out that has their Rockpalast 76, Rainbow 77, and Dutch Festival 76 gigs on one disc.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: July 14, 2008 16:57

great story Simon.....thanks for the photos. It looks like your seats were pretty close. I saw Little Feat (for only two songs) at Bonnaroo Music Festival last month

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 14, 2008 21:41

Well yes, it was all very strange. We werent even supposed to be there at the O2 that day . . .

the afternoon before, we headed out on the tube from Earls Court to the O2 and the trains got all mucked up and slowed down, and stopped, really

got a taxi during rush hour, he takes us a little ways, calls the tube people and they say minor delays, he says best to get back on the tube

we do, get slowed down then stopped again, first told a brief delay, then they say delay with a major wait time, we go back out on the street looking for a taxi and the first guy refuses, saying that the O2 is miles and miles away, family heads back towards the tube, i say absolutely not, the second guy takes us and gets us there fairly quickly, but not in enuf time for us to see the King Tut exhibit

so we talk to one of the management who is originally from south Pasadena California (LA) and he says we can see the film tonight and can come back tomorrow for the exhibit and gives us tickets without any time specifics

so if it was not for that mess we would not have been back at the O2 the next day, saw the exhibit which was quite good (though how can u have a tut exhibit without the famous golden mask?)

after we leave the exhibit, we are making our way around the O2 in the restaurant area and I see this guy walking by me the other way and I think I recogise him maybe, we look at each other and he says "Tim Bernardis", I say yes, so we chat a bit, my family who had walked ahead comes back slightly amazed

i did not go to the LF show, would have liked to have as have never seen them. But I guess the snarls and delays in the london public transport system are good for something. - p

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 14, 2008 23:46

Twas a great gig, wasn't it? I had a front row ticket, but wish people had stood up earlier on (I couldn't do it myself pre-emptively as I am rather tall).
Fabulous set list and mannn you almost didn't miss Lowell. Richie Hayward is one of the best drummers in the business, what a dancing rhythm he pounds out.
I think they were scheduled to play a few more songs judging by the setlist.
Tragic the place wasn't sold out. I'd love to see them at a less "modern" venue with a bit more soul, i.e The Borderline, ha ha.

Simon, what camera did you use to hook those pics?

Cheers
SD

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 15, 2008 00:00

Hello SD,

Yup,my first LF show,and they hit the spot!
Although it wasn't a sell-out,there was plenty of love for the band in the room.

The camera is a Canon Ixus 850,which is now a couple of years old but it can sometimes pleasantly surprise you:I never realised how tricky it can be to get a half-decent photo at shows until I tried.

Hmmm...on reflection,that probably says more about me than the camera,heh-heh-heh!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 15, 2008 03:50

I really think that Plexi has cloned himself and is in 100 different places at once.::

Nice pics as always SI. I love the Feats as well,but have never seen them

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home