Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Marianne taken ill...
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 14, 2008 13:26

Published: Today

POP legend MARIANNE FAITHFULL is taking six months off after collapsing because of ill health.

She was given the all-clear from breast cancer in November 2006 but is now suffering from “general mental, physical and nervous exhaustion”.

Her spokesman said doctors had ordered her to “cease all work activities and rehabilitate” and that “the treatment and recovery should last around six months”.

Advertisement

SIR MICK JAGGER is among those who sent messages of support to 61-year-old Miss Faithfull’s central Paris flat.

She became a household name as the ROLLING STONES singer’s lover in the Sixties.

A near neighbour in Paris said: “She is in a very bad way and we are very worried about her.”

We don't need more bad news now... All the best to Marianne. Speedy recovery and lots of love and hugs.

Re: Marianne taken ill...
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 14, 2008 13:33

She looked fine in Eindhoven....
Get well M.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 14, 2008 13:34

Good call Addicted. She's a vital cog in The Stones' historical wheel and seems like a very decent, genuine person too. I'd guess there's part of Mick's heart that will always belong to her. Let's pray things aren't too bad.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 14, 2008 13:35

best wishes to Marianne

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:03

I do hope it's nothing serious. From my own experience, I know that chemo therapy and radio therapy can take a lot of your energy. And not only imediately after the treatment. Sometimes the fatigue appears a year or more after the treatment was finalized. It's a huge mental challenge, knowing which disease one is battling, too. And it's a bit difficult at first to really believe you're well again. Then there's the regular check-ups in the onkology-ward. Makes it impossible to forget the cancer.
I think Charlie said it quite well: I'd rather go on tour with the Stones, and be with people I like, than to sit at home, being afraid to get cancer again.

So: Marianne - get well soon! You're a winner! You've beaten cancer, remember.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2008 15:12

get well soon beatiful marianne our prayers are with you !

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 18, 2008 18:20

Addicted
I do hope it's nothing serious. From my own experience, I know that chemo therapy and radio therapy can take a lot of your energy. And not only imediately after the treatment. Sometimes the fatigue appears a year or more after the treatment was finalized. It's a huge mental challenge, knowing which disease one is battling, too. And it's a bit difficult at first to really believe you're well again. Then there's the regular check-ups in the onkology-ward. Makes it impossible to forget the cancer.
I think Charlie said it quite well: I'd rather go on tour with the Stones, and be with people I like, than to sit at home, being afraid to get cancer again.

So: Marianne - get well soon! You're a winner! You've beaten cancer, remember.

I wholeheartedly agree all of the above, except to say that MARIANNE HAS NOT beaten cancer-she is in remission and it could return at any time. Same with Charlie Watts and any other sufferers.
Still, our thoughts are with her- she is a real fighter.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 18, 2008 18:29

ROLLINGSTONE
Good call Addicted. She's a vital cog in The Stones' historical wheel and seems like a very decent, genuine person too. I'd guess there's part of Mick's heart that will always belong to her. Let's pray things aren't too bad.

Not only vital in the Stones' history but also a talented woman in her own right, an original and vivacious spirit and still beautiful after all these years. Get well soon.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 18, 2008 19:56

Well said Lady Jayne: I'd go even further and suggest that her last album was probably better than the last few Stones albums.

I'll get all broken up if I dwell on her "being in a very bad way". Instead I will concentrate on her amazing resilience. She has bounced back form suicide attempts, miscarriages, numerous od's, peritonitis & breast cancer so I'm sure this is just another in a long list of setbacks.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 18, 2008 20:44

...and let's not forget what a beautiful girl she once was.

Not that I'd notice, of course.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1275
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home