Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Taylor is sick
Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: July 15, 2008 23:39

why would we wanna see ronnie slagging? and isn't this about mick taylor?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 16, 2008 00:21

Guys just let it go, my remark isn't worth discussing.

Mathijs

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2008 00:35

Well spoken my son.
Pray and sin no more.

smileys with beer

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 16, 2008 00:43

His work on this sure is "sick". It's probably familiar to many, but I never tire of it!!

I don't know why the video doesn't play from IORR (it says tha the video is no longer available), but it is still out there. the url is //youtube.com/watch?v=6dd3aNFcw80 if you want to paste this into your address bar (I've left off the http: so you'd want to add it back). Or, you can search Carla Olsen Mick Taylor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-16 01:51 by WMiller.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 16, 2008 02:22

Sad to hear he is going thru another rough time.

Sad to ever see talent wasted or lost, but all too common. I hope he recovers from this and all his troubles to resurrect his career and can play and dazzle people for another 30 years.

Yes, I know many people on these threads to not like Taylor and some do not like Ronnie...etc etc....

If it wasn't for Mick Taylor we don't have 'Can't You Hear Me Knockin'

If it wasn't for Mick Taylor I don't believe you would have seen/heard Keith playing with the same power as he played in 72-73. The band was in it's prime, and Taylor was out of the shadow and really pushing things live.

The band, while I still love them, has never matched that greatness again. Taylor's talent pushed Keith to be his best. Ronnie, while he is a great guy and gifted, has more of a pal relationship with Keith. Neither pushing the either to play with more passion live. Just having fun...which does nto always lead to great moments in concert or on record.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 16, 2008 10:41

I'm making fun of the Ronnie slammers, that's all. Nothing against Mick Taylor at all. Just keeping it even keeled.

You're right. What Mick T did was stellar. Always will be.

But different than Brian and different than Ronnie. We all know that. Some people say he was the best. Maybe he was. But I still like what all Ronnie has done. Even if they mix him out of the tunes sometimes. I think if they actually let him know he could totally let it rip maybe he would? He seems capable.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 16, 2008 15:36

MT's best work was wonderful..and is quite rightly recalled with great affection.
But his live work often included self indulgent and detatched soloing. Virtuso stuff,all of it...but not all to the benefit of the music as a whole.

Keith's had a load of stick in recent years for wandering "off message" with some of his playing. MT was far worse...[but usually more in tune ;^)]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-16 15:37 by Spud.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home