Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick J in the studio with Dave Stewart
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2008 21:44

SOL?...UGHH,please. I'll take Infamy over that anyday.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 14, 2008 01:17

I truly do not think there's a worst concert number than " Infamy"....Boring, no real verse, or story line at all. All it is really is a bass line.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 14, 2008 07:26

I know it's not much but I'm talking along the lines of the full out and out rockers - Flip The Switch, Low Down, Love Is Strong, Rough Justice, ONNYA, Dangerous Beauty, It Won't Take Long....

There's nothing on Steel Wheels.

Voodoo it seems there are a couple. As Bridges. Again,not a lot - but those are, for me, pretty tremendous tunes in their catalog as far as rockers go, being the Nineteen Ninetys/Twenty Hundreds Rolling Stones at least.

Way better than Streets Of Love and...Saint Of Me and whatever other mushy pop shit.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 15, 2008 00:51

I want some of whatever you're smokin, Skip! Saint Of Me POP??? TWENTY HUNDREDS!?? What in the hell is that? NOTHING ON STEEL WHEELS!? Ever play it? Pass that pipe!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:40

Steel Wheels is a bit polished for me but theres still some ass kickin' rockers like "Hold on To Your Hat". If you want to hear it in all its glory listen to "Monitor Mix" courtesy of the Woodman(in a roundabout way).

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 15, 2008 02:35

Nothing on Steel Wheels??

Thank god the people didn't think the same in 1989-90.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 15, 2008 05:34

I don't get it. Streets was an anomaly on ABB. Keith and Mick were in charge and in sync (compare KR's comittment here to let's say much of Goat's Head Soup), and the album's a solid effort that's given me many pleasurable hours. 'Infamy' is fine on record, never took flight live. I also liked Bridges quite a lot and Saint is a very well written song with a great deep groove. And Voodoo gets better cut by cut after the slight LIS through the killer Thru & Thru, and it's paced beutifully and carefully.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 15, 2008 05:54

mickschix
I truly do not think there's a worst concert number than " Infamy"....Boring, no real verse, or story line at all. All it is really is a bass line.

We'll agree to disagree Debra. SOL not my cuppa,at all. But to each their own. Peace and cheers either way.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 15, 2008 06:02

dave stewart- as has been mentioned- is a hack..

he was a good producer 20 years ago... his time passed long ago... mick should get jack white to produce the next stones album and enough with the solo stuff. NO ONE CARES FOR IT.. even when he comes up with a great song (god give me everything or what have you ) no one even pays attention..its a complete waste of time..focus on teh stones!!!!!!!!

Date: July 15, 2008 07:18

I may have had too narrow of a view of what I would call Keith's rockers. Hence nothing from Steel Wheels. Sad Sad Sad is a good one as is Hat. I always figured those for being Mick songs.

Cannon. I smoke from a cannon. Pipes are for tarts.

Date: July 15, 2008 07:21

And yes, Saint Of Me is the most popish song they've done in a good while.

The current century we are in as the Twenty Hundreds.

Great hit.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 15, 2008 10:20

Jack White producing the Stones, that would be something. Only problem is that his age and admiration for the Stones could keep him for giving the Glimmers what they need behind the control: someone who dares to say no.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 24, 2008 17:34

check it out
MJ is not mentionned anymore ....am I wrong ?

[www.davestewart.com]

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 24, 2008 17:52

If its true than its good to see Mick wanting to write new songs. So strange that Keith has not done anything musically as of late, its like he has no interest what so ever. Much like Dylan and Neil, Mick seems to be constantly writing. Would love something like an acoustic album, his solo ballads are always nice.

I don't think I'd want to see Keith do a Winos tour. Could be a huge embarassment.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:38

While I'm always happy to hear the boys are writing and recording I can't help but feel that they are wasting their time on solo work, however interesting. While in the autumn of their lives, why not use all of their best material for the Stones? If they took the time or had the inclination there are all manner of exciting avenues for them to explore:

- Country album
- Blues album
- Soul album
- Acoutic album
- New album (all songs recorded live with audience)
- Covers album

Just get together and start knocking out some classic Jagger/Richards songs!!!

Date: July 24, 2008 18:45

I think a blues album is the second most realistic thing they could do - the other being, of course, another rock'n'roll album. I dunno if I could take a country album. Besides, with the state of country music today, people would hear genuine country music from the Stones and probably scratch their heads - Wot's this?

I know the Stones are as genuinely country as AC/DC is a folk band or Black Sabbath is a hip-hop band but you get the point.

A soul album? That might be interesting.

Acoustic? Didn't they attempt that with Stripped?

Now a covers album - that would be good too - maybe some of the tunes they have in the can from past sessions and some new ones.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: July 24, 2008 18:54

Anything that would show they still have some of the artistic desire their contemporaries (Dylan, Springsteen, Bowie) have.

Date: July 24, 2008 19:20

only chance is to lock them here for 6 months

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 24, 2008 21:00

Its interesting to note that Dave Stewart did indeed remove the references to collaborating with Mick. It is also worth noting that Mick and Dave have recorded together before without the results being made public. During the WANDERING SPIRIT sessions Mick and Dave wrote the first version of "The Blind Leading the Blind" as well as "Jealousy" (built on the riff to "She's the Boss") and a completely different song called "Oh No Not You Again" (which gave Dave an acknowledgement on A BIGGER BANG's credits) with completely different lyrics and during the GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY sessions they made their first attempt at "Old Habits Die Hard" (as glimpsed in the BEING MICK documentary). So this could simply be a songwriting session just because Mick feels like writing. Its also possible they are working on a song for a soundtrack of one of Mick's films as a producer (THE WOMEN is coming out in a few months). It doesn't necessarily mean there is a new Mick solo CD on the horizon, especially since Mick's asked Dave to remove his name from his website's news update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-24 21:04 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 25, 2008 12:20

mick is not mentioned (anumore?) in the post

Date: July 25, 2008 12:28

excellent analysis and facts report Rocky Dijon.

Pretty sure now that this board is a little bit read if Dave's site was modified after the new mentionned in this topic.
I would be curious to really know if Mick asked it to be removed...
anyway since Dave has his songbook to be released and a tour to start next, the collaboration was (maybe) a short one like you say.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: July 25, 2008 23:26

Well, Mick Jagger is still on his press release - both in words and in picture.

Dave Stewart has worked together with lots of people: U2, Tom Petty, etc - so working together with Mick Jagger is just a part of being a producer, songwriter, musician.

I guess Mick Jagger has worked together with lots of musician without being ccredited etc.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home