Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
This is why I love UK...
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 8, 2008 13:55

and the Brits too... Somehow, it must be also why I love the Stones.

I'm not drunk, this is not a coming out, I just want to say how I love to deal with UK and the Brits because they are so infinitely polite when you are doing business.

No, this is not a cliché. Thas is why I located my two micro companies ltd in UK, because the taxman here is so gentle - well, compared to France - and they don't hassle you. UK has really got an efficient, business-friendly public service. Those civil servants would even answer on the phone on Sunday until 10 PM! That is right, you can check on HM Revenue & Customs website.

I just called today one of them, he was so polite, so trying to help.

Before moving all my business in UK, I was even afraid to call the taxman in France. Because he is so suspicious. Also because of a so called "welfare" you have to pay fee even before you have earnt any euros.

Don't ask me why I don't pay tax anymore in France.

Re: This is why I love UK...
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 8, 2008 14:59

The Joker: maybe you should tell Mick J !

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 8, 2008 15:10

Yes, all civil servants are super friendly winking smiley

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:12

You forgot why the UK is so crap. Overpriced crap food, overpriced fuel, crap government, hoodies on street corners brandishing knives and guns, crap health service, crap roads, crap rail infrastructure and overpriced rail travel, crap housing market, overpopulated, too many laws impinging on our civil liberties and not enough police on the streets. The UK is crap full stop. I'd rather live in New Zealand, Canada, Australia or Denmark. If it weren't for family and friends I would.

Why it's good to live here...... can't think of one good reason. The tax man is nice. Give me a break they only want your money coz the Government has a huge black hole from over spending tax payers money in a wasteful manner.

Please don't think I'm being rude Joker. I'm extremely pleased you're over here trying to prop up our failing economy.

To keep this on topic. The Rolling Stones are from the UK that's a good point.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:17

you echo my sentiments, to the letter, NickB

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:20

NickB
You forgot why the UK is so crap. Overpriced crap food, overpriced fuel, crap government, hoodies on street corners brandishing knives and guns, crap health service, crap roads, crap rail infrastructure and overpriced rail travel, crap housing market, overpopulated, too many laws impinging on our civil liberties and not enough police on the streets. The UK is crap full stop. I'd rather live in New Zealand, Canada, Australia or Denmark. If it weren't for family and friends I would.

Why it's good to live here...... can't think of one good reason. The tax man is nice. Give me a break they only want your money coz the Government has a huge black hole from over spending tax payers money in a wasteful manner.

Please don't think I'm being rude Joker. I'm extremely pleased you're over here trying to prop up our failing economy.

Pretty much spot on!!

Date: July 8, 2008 16:26

Actually I'll tell you something else that's good about the UK. Our sense of humour. Best in the world.

OOOhhh I just thought of another. Real ale.

NickB

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:29

I thought so - there must be a reason why I haven't heared of any praises of the UK being an ideal Exile on Mainstreet.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 8, 2008 17:38

I didn't state living in UK was the paradise on earth.

But UK services are really convenient for small businesses and SOHO, even, as the owner, you work from abroad.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 8, 2008 17:51

NickB

This sounds like the birth of great music...funny how things stay the same 40 years later.

Date: July 8, 2008 17:58

This sounds like the birth of great music...funny how things stay the same 40 years later.

yeah, Hang Fire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 21:39 by open-g.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2008 18:59

They got the Rolling Stones and Amy Winehouse so it must be good out there but on the otherhand they also got there yearly number one Chistmas hit form Cliff Richard

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 8, 2008 19:09

Bit of a myth that one, Nicos - Cliff's two Xmas chart toppers were in 1988 and 1990.

In more recent years its progressed from novelty records, through whatever single the Spice Girls had just released, various boy/girl bands (eg Westlife) and now its as sure as night follows day that the Xmas #1 each year will be whatever pawn of Simon Cowell has won the final of "X-Factor" about 2 weeks earlier.

In fact, now I mention it, anything in the music business that involves Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh should be added to NickB's shitlist mentioned above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 19:29 by Gazza.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: July 8, 2008 19:24

This is why I love UK...

corner shops!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 20:35 by therollingmanu.

Date: July 8, 2008 19:29

Yes we're a nation of shopkeepers! The corner shop is great on Xmas day when you need batteries for your new gadget.

NickB

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 8, 2008 19:40

A site full of "Daily Mail" readers I see !

Health service crap ? ...........try the USA . 40 million people without health care provision in the richest nation on earth .

The trouble with the UK is that it's run by Scots.

sc uk (UNITED KINGDOM) Stop moaning or break up the union and..... leave !

Damm it I've been drawn into a political thread

Date: July 8, 2008 20:29

Hey Straycat. Don't ever call me a Daily Mail reader. I just pointed out the truth. Any way Stones are still great and that floats my boat. Stones, real ale and the love of a good woman is all I need.

NickB

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: July 8, 2008 20:36

NickB
Yes we're a nation of shopkeepers! The corner shop is great on Xmas day when you need batteries for your new gadget.

Yeah, or at 4am when you need fags!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 8, 2008 20:47

The decline in the uk socially and economically over the last 25 years is astounding.

And to think we have a labour government in power that is eroding civil liberties at an incredible rate whilst hitting the most vunerable through taxes beggars belief!

Date: July 8, 2008 20:48

Oh and soon you won't afford a pint (2% increase above inflation over the next 6 years if I'm not mistaken?) and Tesco put pay to your traditional corner shop a long time ago......

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 8, 2008 21:12

Bloody hell, watching that "Hang Fire" video - first time I ever Jagger looks a bit over-weight... It's those trousers, probably.

- Doxa

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 8, 2008 21:29

There is nothing wrong with The Daily Mail. Its better thab reading the bloody Sun or News Of The World!

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 8, 2008 21:39

NickB

So I see that you are finally taking the "Special Relationship" with the USA seriously!eye popping smiley

Date: July 8, 2008 21:40

Doxa
Bloody hell, watching that "Hang Fire" video - first time I ever Jagger looks a bit over-weight... It's those trousers, probably.

- Doxa

yeah, theres definately something strange going on ....*whistle*

Date: July 8, 2008 22:15

cbtaco19
NickB

So I see that you are finally taking the "Special Relationship" with the USA seriously!eye popping smiley

Sorry but apart from music. i.e. the Stones I think the UK is becoming more euro centric. You know but hey what ever floats yer boat. It's amazing that we're in the 21st century and we haven't got rid of the two evils that plague modern mankind crime and and poverty. We need to share Stones across our communities to heal the great divide.

ps I'm sharing the lurve around. The world needs it.

NickB

Date: July 8, 2008 22:41

Sorry but apart from music. i.e. the Stones I think the UK is becoming more euro centric.

Euro-centric? Two major points need to be gotten rid off first.

* GBP Sterling
* driving on the wrong side of the road

who drives on which side map

Date: July 8, 2008 22:51

We drive on the right side of the road. You lot drive on the wrong side. The Stones are from th UK and therefore everyone on this board should abide by the rules of their mother country. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

NickB

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 8, 2008 23:06

<This sounds like the birth of great music...>

actually, did you listen to the clip? It's overdubbed with some piss-take (my tip of the hat to the original topic of the thread) of the Stones. Reminds me of Pussy Galore's Exile on Main St. And are you joking about mick looking overweight?? Maybe just drunk...

Date: July 8, 2008 23:30

Fantastic Overdub!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 8, 2008 23:51

Big Al
There is nothing wrong with The Daily Mail. Its better thab reading the bloody Sun or News Of The World!

The second statement I agree with. The jury's still out on the first....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home