Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What If You Had A Time Machine
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 7, 2008 22:24

Go back to 63 and wait to find a UK 7" Decca Single of Poison Ivy / Fortune Teller. Its the only dang UK Stones Record I DONT have....and then just go back for the occasional killer show.---or maybe win on sports bets, and save Brian, try to talk Mick Taylor out of quitting, save Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and make sure that Jethro Tull never formed as a band.

JR

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 7, 2008 22:47

"Jethro Tull never formed as a band"

Amen brother!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 7, 2008 23:13

ablett
"Jethro Tull never formed as a band"

Amen brother!

Its a good day----to find another Tull hater....

JR

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: July 7, 2008 23:58

Of course this all brings up the great debate as to wether or not you can change the past???

According to all my old superman comics, I don't believe you can ....

But it's fun, huh?

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 8, 2008 00:04

Why are there so many Tull haters? Just curious. Saw him twice, once in the '70's and then 3 years ago and I loved the show! " Stand Up" and " Benefit" are awesome cd's.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 8, 2008 00:23

Never mind Tull haters. I'm confused as to why, given the choice of a time machine, most people would use it for musical purposes and not carnal ones.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: July 8, 2008 00:27

Hello,

Ah Gazza,you'll be wanting 'The Minge Machine',which was the lesser-known of Wells's works!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 8, 2008 00:41

Gazza
Never mind Tull haters. I'm confused as to why, given the choice of a time machine, most people would use it for musical purposes and not carnal ones.

hahaha Gazza, now you're talking! I wish I had a time machine and I could come back as Anita Pallenberg, now THAT's the way to experience the sixties! Sex with Brian, Keith and Mick!? Plus having them chasing you, that would be a dream come true ---- lucky lucky girl.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:41

By the sound of it, Simon you're "splitting hairs".... eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 00:42 by Gazza.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:43

CindyC
Gazza

hahaha Gazza, now you're talking! I wish I had a time machine and I could come back as Anita Pallenberg, now THAT's the way to experience the sixties! Sex with Brian, Keith and Mick!? Plus having them chasing you, that would be a dream come true ---- lucky lucky girl.

Woody Allen summed it up best, CINDY, when he said that in the event of reincarnation he'd like to come back as Warren Beatty's fingertips....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 00:51 by Gazza.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:48

Debra?

Pretty funny Woody Allen line though!

Date: July 8, 2008 00:51

Sorry, Cindy. Thought it was mickschix replying. Duly corrected.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:54

No problem - just didn't want you to think Debra was a slut.

Date: July 8, 2008 00:56

LMAO

Unfortunately, she's not. I've tried.

But thanks for enlightening me to your own characteristics. I look forward to the next tour.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 8, 2008 01:09

Hear the original "Sermon On The Mount".

On a lighter note - beat Steven Jobs and Bill Gates to the punch!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 8, 2008 01:19

I'd go back to the Garden of Eden and kill all those damn talking snakes.

Date: July 8, 2008 01:26

Hey now, my man, Gazza!! I think I've been visiting you in your dreams at least, have I not?

Date: July 8, 2008 01:31

Come to Gazza.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 01:33 by Gazza.

Date: July 8, 2008 01:31

By the way, Cindy, I don't think that having use of a time machine automatically means you get to return as the historical person of your choice. Am I right, Gazza?? And Gazza, what kinds of experiences would you partake in if you had that time machine? Carnal, of course! Like those in Satyricon? Are you thinking of jumping into the scene in Performance with Mick, Anita and the he/she?? I'd rather NOT share Mick, thanks very much! I'd like to be at stage left in 1975 as Mick came off, drenched in sweat, ( Aug 8, 1975, Buffalo, N.Y to be exact). I'd like to be the image of his dream girl, whatever that is, and escape with him. Now THAT'S a TIME TRIP!

Date: July 8, 2008 01:35

I can assure you,Debra, none of my time machine carnal wishes are Stones related,

Well, apart from being in Angelina Jolie's dressing room during the video shoot for "Anybody seen My baby".....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 8, 2008 01:40

Go back with a copy of Dirty Work and play it to them before they finished it. Look at all of them without a word, then pull out the boots of tracks they left off the record and say The finished record stinks, you left these great tracks. What the fu*ck are you thinking?

And then hand them Steel Wheels and say One of your worst songs ever is on this and it was even issued as a single. How could the Stones write Rock And A Hard Place? Then play them the B-sides they left off the album and inform them that they would do better on later with Voodoo Lounge and Bridges but still leave off good B-sides for weaker LP tracks...

Take She's The Boss and burn it, burn Primitive Cool and present Wandering Spirit and Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender and say You are too concerned with your 'own thing' when could be doing all of this as The Rolling Stones and really making something good again. But no, you have to go 'do your own thing'. Keith, you are pardoned for being forced to do your own thing - which was awesome anyway. Mick, grow the fu*ck up!

And tell them to grow the fu*ck up, again, and get on with it, get back to touring.

Date: July 8, 2008 01:50

Wow. Tough crowd in tonight!

Date: July 8, 2008 01:57

You're right Gazza, and unreasonably tough on Mick! If I were in that particular scenario I'd grab Keith by the scruff of the neck and tell him to kiss Mick's ass publicly for saving his own on numerous occasions!

Date: July 8, 2008 02:00

P.S Gazza, love the target, or hypnotizing wheel, whatever it is! And I thought you'd go for Angelina!!! LOL! I kinda like Brad and think he's awesome eye candy.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 8, 2008 02:00

If you had a machine that goes back in time, would you age while you were back in time and then be older when you came back to the point in the present that you left from? When youre talking about time travel, these kinds of things need to be considered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 02:04 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 8, 2008 02:46

ryanpow, watch Back To The Future for answers to these trying questions. Marty McFly KNOWS! smileys with beer

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 8, 2008 02:57

Elmo Lewis
ryanpow, watch Back To The Future for answers to these trying questions. Marty McFly KNOWS! smileys with beer

yeah, I haven't seen that one in a while I need to go back and watch it.

I believe earlier in this thread Ohnonotyouagain maid a reference to back to the future 2. Biff went back in time and made a bunch of bets and won because he already knew the outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 02:57 by ryanpow.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: July 8, 2008 07:15

I would've started treating myself to the GOOD seats LONG before the Bigger Bang tour! Years of doing the nosebleeds at MSG! I should've robbed banks to get the money! What was I thinking?? What was I saving my money for?? Plus, I'd like to go back and re-experience those shows after I started getting the good seats --- I was just TOO excited to fully enjoy them and would like that opportunity again! (And again, and again)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 8, 2008 09:21

Go back to August 1969, Las Vegas, International Hotel. Watch the master at work. Force myself backstage and grab him and say: "Elvis, save yourself. One day it'll all be gone and the worst thing is that you'll be too numb to see it slip away..."

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 8, 2008 11:03

Go to Altamont get to the front row and experience the end of the sixties!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home