Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What is your single greatest Stones experience ??
Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: June 30, 2008 06:45

simply , living the last 3 years in my life in touch at every single second with the stones.
thats my experience

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 30, 2008 07:03

By far the first time I saw them live. Steel Wheels, the second show (the first one to go on sale). When I walked across the floor of the Silverdome, just the size of the stage was worth the admission. But then the buildup of Continental Drift and the explosion of fire and Start Me Up tearing out of the PA - I knew I was finally at the big rock'n'roll show I had always hoped I would get to see - The Rolling Stones.

Nothing has topped it since. And as far as hype, excitement, energy and just the pure thrill of having something that big and loud blow me away - that was a great year to be 19 years old and being right in the middle of a new album, singles, videos and then the tour.

It was most excellent.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 30, 2008 07:19

Getting a pair of tickets for the Winos' New Year's Eve show at the Academy in New York in 1992.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 30, 2008 08:19

Probably the fact that after I booked my trip to Ireland and other places last year, finding out that the Stones were going to play Slane Castle on a Saturday that I happen to be in Dublin. That followed by logging onto Ticketmaster Ireland when tix went on sale, scoring a pair of Golden Circle Tickets, Keith side. Oh yes, the mud covering up my shoes to above my ankles was also lots of fun (lol).

Posted by: stones1984 ()
Date: June 30, 2008 14:53

choice of two, either waiting for 30mins at the iow fest last year while getting more and more excited and then keith walking out playing start me up, everyone i was stood with went totally wild and i couldnt believe that i was actually there and watching my fav band play live

london num 3 at the o2 when they played paint it, black - my fav song of all time, i had been hoping and praying that they played it and i remember dancing and singing so loudly that i couldnt speak the next day smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

both totally awsome

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 30, 2008 15:14

My first Concert Oct. 11, 2006 in Chicago hearing the Opening Riff to "You got me Rocking".

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: June 30, 2008 17:18

meeting the band backstage in Las Vegas during the voodoo lounge tour....That was a buzz

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: June 30, 2008 19:12

Mine is the second oldest memory. No memories of the '72 tour? I'm waiting!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: June 30, 2008 23:03

Having my mom and dad drop me off the morning of July 4, 1972 outside of RFK Stadium in Washington DC and waiting for those gates to open. Seeing the Stones live in all their glory. Pretty big deal for a 15 year old kid...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 1, 2008 01:23

That whole thing in New York, March 30, 2008 (most recent entry?).

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 1, 2008 05:47

Well I've mentioned this several times before,but what's one more. At least I'm talking about the STones for a change. Opening night,No Security tour,in Oakland. First and so far only time in my life I have been in the front row at a major concert. The night of my life. Taking it a step futher to EG's thread title. Single greatest moment of that great show,many firsts that night. But Keith doing You Got The Silver (I haven't done this one since I did it ya know,nothing like taking a chance is there). Easily my single greastest Stones experience.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 2, 2008 05:07

stones69
Having my mom and dad drop me off the morning of July 4, 1972 outside of RFK Stadium in Washington DC and waiting for those gates to open. Seeing the Stones live in all their glory. Pretty big deal for a 15 year old kid...

hey stones69, how was it seeing the stones in an outdoor football stadium gig back then, which was rare for the time, was the place packed

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: July 2, 2008 17:05

About 45-50,000 Stoners. I was down on the field and watched every kind of firework I've ever seen rain down from the upper deck - and that was before the show! I do remember Mick's first words were "Hello Campers!" Apparently lots of people camped overnight to get a good place in line. I was literally pushed through the turnstiles - they never even took my ticket...

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 2, 2008 18:01

Second night, O2 2007. 8th row, closest I've ever been. To pick one song - Midnight Rambler.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: July 2, 2008 18:11

Seeing them for the first time on December 5th 1965. It was loud and the girls were screaming and throwing stuff on stage. I remember the Jag's dancing. Keith's big ears, Billy Wyman's bass pointed skyward. Brian in all green and Charlie keeping up the big beat. Seen them a bunch of times since but that first time will remain with me forever. Remember this was show that happened right after Keith nearly shocked himself to death in San Jose.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: July 2, 2008 18:26

1. Paying off a Security Guard to see them Nov 13, 1981 at MSG...my first Stones show.
2. Doing Security for them at Giants Stadium in September on the Licks tour.
3. Watching them Sound check at MSG in Sept 05 on the ABB tour.
4. Watching them Sound check at MSG in January 06 on the ABB tour.
5. Sneaking into MSG Jan 20, 2006 to see them without a ticket.

But my ultimate experience was being in Keith Richards apartement in the early 1980's when he lived at 77W 55th street apartment 18B just off 6th avenue...(before he moved to the Village above Tower Records)

PECMAN

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: July 2, 2008 19:51

Being arms length to them as they came in front of me on the floor in Vredenburg at the Dutch Club show in Utrect! What an incredible night!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 2, 2008 20:12

Seeing them come out of the traps for the first time, with Brown Sugar on 9th September 1973.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 2, 2008 21:54

getting backstage at the last BB concert in london O2 26 aug 2007

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 2, 2008 22:29

It is to come. After more than 40 years, I still think it could be the definitive riffs from Keith. No more than 5 or 6 choruses.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: July 3, 2008 03:05

You da man phd. Like the way you think

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 8, 2008 21:24

FOR SURE...
(click the pic)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 8, 2008 21:28

Keiths opening chords to Brown Sugar at Giants Stadium back in Septembr 2002. My first Stones show.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 8, 2008 22:02

"For me it would be the shows at Twickenham Stadium in 2006. I was lucky enough to get front row seats for both gigs at the cost of £60 per ticket."

Exactly the same night as me. Fab concert.../..

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 8, 2008 22:17

A tie between Roseland and Cirkus Krone.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 8, 2008 22:52

'72 msg. a total gas from start to finish; about 70 minutes total on stage and they gave it ALL on every song. still the best single rock concert i have ever been priviliged to see and hear. on a scale of 1 to 10, i'd have to give it a 15. truly ferocious absolutely beautiful. it was a perfect thrill and i've never to this day seen an audience all as one like that. total killer. all cylinders firing from start to finish. perfect.

Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: July 8, 2008 23:13

Being 4-5 deep from Keith's side of the stage at the Roseland in 2002. What a show! Also having Mick empty his bottle of water in my(our) direction in Syracuse 1998 and Boston 2006. My "funniest" moment is realizing they were playing "Love Train" in Boston for the opening of the Licks tour. Everyone in the crowd was looking at each other trying to figure out what song it was...Mick is prancing back and forth with a white fedora!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 8, 2008 23:14

Beelyboy
'72 msg. a total gas from start to finish; about 70 minutes total on stage and they gave it ALL on every song. still the best single rock concert i have ever been priviliged to see and hear. on a scale of 1 to 10, i'd have to give it a 15. truly ferocious absolutely beautiful. it was a perfect thrill and i've never to this day seen an audience all as one like that. total killer. all cylinders firing from start to finish. perfect.

Sounds just like Philly 72

Date: July 9, 2008 01:27

Being backstage in the Rattlesnake Inn - Nov 2006 in Halifax, Canada. Talked with Michael Cohl who gave me the pass originally. Talked to Chuck. Met Alice Cooper there. Great show afterwards in the driving rain.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: July 9, 2008 16:39

1. My first Stones show, Greensboro, July 1975. There's nothing like finally seeing your favorite band in concert for the very first time. Wish there was a bootleg of this concert somewhere out there, but, alas.....

2. Steel Wheels, Birmingham, October 1989. Probably the single best rock and roll concert I have ever seen.

3. Getting the chance to have lunch with Nicky Hopkins in the mid 80s when I was working at the Art Institute of Atlanta (conversation of which I posted a couple of years ago....I'll re-tell the story, but only if anyone is interested).

4. Meeting Chuck two years earlier, also getting the chance to ask him a bunch of questions about not only the Stones but the Allmans, Sea Level, etc. Wonderfully nice man

5. The other seven Stones shows in Greensboro, Birmingham, and Atlanta, all of which were magical experiences. Each time I see 'em I think, "well, that was probably it, the last time," but the boys always pleasantly surprise me.

Maybe one more show in Atlanta before things wind down for good? One can only hope....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home