Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The exhibition of Ronnie"s paintings in Dublin
Posted by: wesley ()
Date: June 24, 2008 17:53

Hi folks!
I"m having my holidays here in Ireland and just noticed there"s an exhibition of Ronnie"s art in Dublin. I read it from Irish Independent, and lost the paper.., but as far as I can recall it is in Gallery 1.

I"m staying now in Waterford and will be in Dublin at Thursday 26th. I"ll pay a visit to the exhibition, that"s for sure.

Meanwhile, thanks for Gazza, me and my wife had the pleasure of meeting him, actually twice. First; just prior to Leonard Cohen"s excellent gig in Dublin and secondly in Belfast just to grab a few beers.. Ironically the guys from this island drank scandinavian beer, and me and my wife, beeing scandinavian, tasted the great taste of Guinness..

Cheers for that! I have quite a limited access to internet, but if anyone has something to add to the exhibition, please put it here.

Anyway, I"ll be back to this subject after seein the exhibition.

Wesley

Re: The exhibition of Ronnie"s paintings in Dublin
Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: June 24, 2008 19:37

Date: June 27, 2008 13:37

HI, I visited the exhibition last afternoon. What can I say? Some truly magnificant paintings, some more that I"d call moderate. Anyway, he is a real artist by his own in this matter, not because he is a celeb.
The best paintings were done on black colour and one of these (very expensive) ones was already sold. Paintings were from a few hundred to 30 000 euros.
I didn"t buy any, cause I already have bought paintings of the Stones (individually) by an Macedonian painter last autumn in Maltese Islands.

Those who are nearby, I"d be happy to recommend to pay a visit in Gallery One, Castle Street (Thanks Rollingmanu!)

.. and now back to the basics. I"m looking for a sword to my 10 year-old son as a present from Ireland..

Cheers!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2008 02:17

Great to meet you and your lovely wife over the last few weeks. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: June 30, 2008 02:35

Wesley,

Any idea when it's over? We will be playing Dublin next month and I would really like to check the exhibition out.

Thanks for the info, I'll have something to do before the show.

Excellent!

CBII

Date: June 30, 2008 16:05

For CBII: I think it lasts till 6th of July, hope it`s good for your timetable.

Gazza, hope you liked the Milan gig and Paris as well, have a nice summer! (Here in Finland it just started, over 20 degr. Celcius, great, still some 3 Wk holiday left..). And yes, it was a great fun there, up north and in south as well.

Keep in touch via this board or e-mail!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: June 30, 2008 19:17

Just my luck. We don't play Dublin until the 24.07.08!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 30, 2008 20:05

CBII : I can never work out the logic in your band's schedule, if you dont mind me saying so. I always thought it looked very punishing and involved long roundabout ways of getting from one city to another. I think I remember last year it going something like Belfast to Istanbul and then back to Paris, which was a bit of an odd way to travel around Europe.

wesley : will keep in touch..and thanks for the CD!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home