Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who is Tom Ray?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 21, 2008 12:10

I got a gold record from the Stones presented to Tom Ray for the sale of 1.000.000 copies of jumpin' jack flash. Can anyone tell me who is Tom Ray?

Re: Who is Tom Ray?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2008 12:14

I know this sounds fishy BUT Is he the brother of Sting Ray.....?

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2008 12:36

no idea ! and i don't find info on the net.

Date: June 21, 2008 12:45

Find some info; Tom Ray was drummer in the underground band The leaves. The Leaves were an American garage band formed in California in 1963. They are best known for their version of the song "Hey Joe", which was a hit in 1966.

But what he has to do with the rolling stones?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 21, 2008 14:33

Not this guy?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the animator and director. For the ecologist, see Thomas S. Ray.
Tom Ray (born 2 August 1919) is an American animator who began work at Warner Bros. Cartoons in 1937. Over the first two decades of his career, he was a junior animator who received no screen credit until Destination Earth in 1956. In 1958, he became a master animator in the Robert McKimson unit. Later, he transferred to the Chuck Jones unit, where he co-directed Adventures of the Road-Runner and several Bugs Bunny Show episodes. He followed Jones to M-G-M in 1963; there, he directed Matinee Mouse in 1966 and Shutter Bugged Cat in 1967. After M-G-M closed its cartoon studio, Ray worked for several animation houses, including DePatie-Freleng Enterprises and Hanna-Barbera. He rejoined Jones to do animation on Mrs. Doubtfire and Superior Duck. He has since founded his own animation house.

Date: June 21, 2008 15:00

Addicted
Not this guy?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the animator and director. For the ecologist, see Thomas S. Ray.
Tom Ray (born 2 August 1919) is an American animator who began work at Warner Bros. Cartoons in 1937. Over the first two decades of his career, he was a junior animator who received no screen credit until Destination Earth in 1956. In 1958, he became a master animator in the Robert McKimson unit. Later, he transferred to the Chuck Jones unit, where he co-directed Adventures of the Road-Runner and several Bugs Bunny Show episodes. He followed Jones to M-G-M in 1963; there, he directed Matinee Mouse in 1966 and Shutter Bugged Cat in 1967. After M-G-M closed its cartoon studio, Ray worked for several animation houses, including DePatie-Freleng Enterprises and Hanna-Barbera. He rejoined Jones to do animation on Mrs. Doubtfire and Superior Duck. He has since founded his own animation house.

No, not this guy.

I find some more info. Tom Ray was the promoter for London label in the sixties. He was also drummer in the underground band The leaves. He get a gold award for jjf and beggars banquet.

Posted by: woody4prez ()
Date: June 21, 2008 15:20

If he changed his name, he would be x-Ray.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: June 21, 2008 20:00

Does Tom know you have his record? winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2008 20:42

got it from a friend who get this record directly from Tom Ray, the other one (beggars banquet is for the moment for selling on ebay).

[cgi.benl.ebay.be]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 21, 2008 20:46

>> got it from a friend who get this record directly from Tom Ray <<

... well then can't you ask your friend to ask Tom Ray who he is and why he got it?

Date: June 21, 2008 20:52

got this record a couple of months and the seller says that Tom is a inside person from London records but i don't find any more info from Tom Ray on the net, that's why i ask here if someone has more info about this man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-21 20:55 by steffiestones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home