Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FANTASTIC Live LOVE IS STRONG and SMU from '94 MTV-VMA
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2008 03:32

At the time of Voodoo Lounge, I was doing work for a certain media outlet & I was able to show my work ID to get admitted to the Stones press conference at a pier on the Hudson River in NYC. The Stones arrived by yacht. Alas, because I was "crashing" & attempting to keep a low profile, I didn't take pictures... I always regretted not taking pictures. I have yet to find any good shots from that day. May 94, I believe it was.

(The pier is now the Chelsea Pier sports complex.)

Date: June 7, 2008 04:32

People love to twist the facts.This was not a repeat of a "Sympathy For The Devil costume".The costume was used with Love is Strong for the first 2 + months of the tour before they ever played Sympathy that year.The Voodoo Lounge debut for Sympathy was on 10-15-'94 while the tour started @ the beginning of August.Jagger didn't use that costume before VL either.

If Love Is Strong is so bad,they would not have brought it back in 1998 and '06/'07.They could have brought back "Saint of Me" last year instead of "Love is Strong" but they didn't.That must have been for a reason.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 7, 2008 12:47

Just because they played LIS after the Voodoo tour does not mean it was SUNG good. It's a great song. But Heartbreaker has been torn apart for years. THEY obviously like the song etc... I was just stating my observation that all of the live versions I've heard of LIS are lousy. That has nothing to do with whether they play it or not. They have laid a few clams over the years with certain songs live.

I agree that Mick huffed his way through Anybody Seen My Baby but for some small reason it seemed better than LIS.

Not that I'd prefer to hear either of them live of course, as I've only heard LIS live and ASMB on the live broadcast in 1997.

Posted by: Joss ()
Date: June 7, 2008 13:19

There's nothing remotely 'embarassing' about the cockup in SMU. This sort of thing - & the way they came out of it is pretty characteristic of latter-day live Stones and adds to the excitement to some extent IMO. What about the great time in 2005 (is it Philadelphia?) where Mick sings Satisfaction while the band is playing IORR (or is it vice versa) - Hilarious, and not painful to listen to as they're reasonably in tune, albeit playing different songs.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 7, 2008 15:06

Check out keiths move during Start Me Up. 3:49. Awesome!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 7, 2008 21:53

Theif in the Night
People love to twist the facts.This was not a repeat of a "Sympathy For The Devil costume".The costume was used with Love is Strong for the first 2 + months of the tour before they ever played Sympathy that year.The Voodoo Lounge debut for Sympathy was on 10-15-'94 while the tour started @ the beginning of August.Jagger didn't use that costume before VL either.

Even though I supposedly am one of those people who "love to twist the facts", I stand to be corrected as far as the costume's issue goes. My facts about VOODOO LOUNGE tour, especially its American leg, are not very strong based. I just remember seeing Jagger doing "Sympathy" with those same costumes.

- Doxa

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 7, 2008 22:20

not as bad as micks toronto 89 pro shot smu screw up, even ronnie laughs at that one

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 8, 2008 01:31

Keith had a tiny screw up during Start Me Up (SMU...) no big deal then.. He still had the awereness to recover quickly.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home