Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT:Tom Petty Setlist
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2008 21:31

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers just started their summer tour. Here is the setlist from last night. The second show of the tour. A few changes,but it looks pretty good and Steve Winwood is opening the whole tour I believe.

May 31, 2008- The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

You Wreck Me
Mary Jane's Last Dance
I Won't Back Down
Even The Losers
Free Fallin'
Cabin Down Below
Sweet William
End Of The Line
The Waiting
Saving Grace
Honey Bee
Face In The Crowd
Learning To Fly
Don't Come Around Here No More
Refugee

Runnin' Down A Dream
American Girl

Re: OT:Tom Petty Setlist
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 1, 2008 22:02

little short huh? good setlist though

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2008 22:41

I see he brought back the Waiting, he didn't do it the last 2 or 3 times I've seen him, but no Girl on LSD. Overall, a decent setlist

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 1, 2008 22:42

Good setlist. But only one track from "new" (last) CD? It's a pity. Savin' Grace is nice, though.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 2, 2008 04:38

A decent Summer setlist. A good overview of his catalog.
Maybe Winwood will join in for a couple songs at some point.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 2, 2008 04:51

Mudcrutch?

Date: June 2, 2008 04:52

Mudcrutch is doing separate shows at smaller venues.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 2, 2008 04:54

I guess the stones 19-21 songs arent so bad after all

Posted by: nybluesman ()
Date: June 2, 2008 05:11

In 40 some odd years of concert going...I will finally get to see Petty in July..always liked him and looking forward to the show.

Date: June 2, 2008 05:34

BluzDude

Yeah he did a little Mudcrutch Mini-Tour through CA about a month ago. Unfortunately I didn't catch any shows. But I did see a couple of Petty shows at The Fillmore in SF years ago. They were so good I haven't back to see him since. The club shows spoiled my desire for arena shows. But I'm going to see him at the Hollywood Bowl at the end of June. My first ever trip to the Bowl. Hey Bluz,is the parking there as bad as everybody says it is?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 2, 2008 05:36

Tuesday in TO should be a good one, then! Looking forward to Winwood opening.

Date: June 2, 2008 05:39

Ya going STG?

Date: June 2, 2008 05:56

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

Yeah he did a little Mudcrutch Mini-Tour through CA about a month ago. Unfortunately I didn't catch any shows. But I did see a couple of Petty shows at The Fillmore in SF years ago. They were so good I haven't back to see him since. The club shows spoiled my desire for arena shows. But I'm going to see him at the Hollywood Bowl at the end of June. My first ever trip to the Bowl. Hey Bluz,is the parking there as bad as everybody says it is?

The best place to park is the studio city - Hollywood Bowl Park and Ride, its cheap and they never run out of busses. I will try to find a link within the next few days with info and I'll post it, Parking at the bowl is stack parking and it fills up quickly, it's best to avoid it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-02 06:00 by BluzDude.

Date: June 2, 2008 05:56

Yep.

Pretty frustrating with Clapton here last Tuesday and Winwood here this Tuesday. Another reunion would have been nice. [Missed it by that much!] But was nice to see EC down by the lake (bundled up in wool, with scarf and gloves) with the CN Tower lit up under the stars... pretending that our frozen breath was mist rising from the lake. A good show, but reeeeeeely cold! At least Petty / Winwood have the sense to play inside...

Date: June 2, 2008 06:09

Hollywood Bowl - Ventura Blvd Park and ride - Studio City (neer Universal)

10801 Ventura Blvd
and
10601 Ventura Blvd

RT $3 - $5 usually, depending on event. You sometimes can buy these tickets in advance, but I don't think they ever sell out. I've parked there before for sold out shows for the Stones, Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, Page/Plant, etc. and never had a problem.

Posted by: nybluesman ()
Date: June 2, 2008 18:41

SomeTorontoGirl
Yep.

Pretty frustrating with Clapton here last Tuesday and Winwood here this Tuesday. Another reunion would have been nice. [Missed it by that much!] But was nice to see EC down by the lake (bundled up in wool, with scarf and gloves) with the CN Tower lit up under the stars... pretending that our frozen breath was mist rising from the lake. A good show, but reeeeeeely cold! At least Petty / Winwood have the sense to play inside...

Laughing..I was also there Tuesday..it was a tad bit chilly...first time at the Molson Amphitheatre..nice place...easy in and out...I was up at the Blossom Music Center in Ohio Sat. night...after you park..you have to walk what seemed like a mile to your seat..after the show..same walk back and 1 1/2 to get out of the lot...horrible traffic control..and I am from NYC where I thought I had seen the worst traffic jams.

Posted by: Dear Doctor ()
Date: June 2, 2008 19:22

talk about a warhorse setlist

I have seen him a few times,this tired hitlist wouldn't bring me back

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 2, 2008 19:35

sweetcharmedlife
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers just started their summer tour. Here is the setlist from last night. The second show of the tour. A few changes,but it looks pretty good and Steve Winwood is opening the whole tour I believe.

May 31, 2008- The Palace, Auburn Hills, MI

You Wreck Me
Mary Jane's Last Dance
I Won't Back Down
Even The Losers
Free Fallin'
Cabin Down Below
Sweet William
End Of The Line
The Waiting
Saving Grace
Honey Bee
Face In The Crowd
Learning To Fly
Don't Come Around Here No More
Refugee

Runnin' Down A Dream
American Girl

A little different from Friday night in Grand Rapids. We got "Spike" and "Straight Into Darkness" instead of "Saving Grace" and "Honey Bee" as I recall.

Date: June 2, 2008 19:57

What is "Sweet William" ?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 3, 2008 02:15

Dear Doctor
talk about a warhorse setlist

I have seen him a few times,this tired hitlist wouldn't bring me back

Warhorse laden set list?? Strange, I have seen Petty many times and there are a lot of nuggets that i have not seen him perform (ie. his last tour!) Honey Bee, Even the Losers, END OF THE LINE!, Cabin Down Below. Great set list!

Hey R did you see him in Grand Rapids? That was the last time I saw him during his last summer tour with the Black Crowes (two years ago?). I drove up from Saginaw and was stunned by the enthusiasm of the crowd! He is truly loved in GR! Was a great show!

Date: June 3, 2008 02:18

BluzDude

10801 Ventura Blvd
and
10601 Ventura Blvd

RT $3 - $5 usually, depending on event. You sometimes can buy these tickets in advance, but I don't think they ever sell out. I've parked there before for sold out shows for the Stones, Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, Page/Plant, etc. and never had a problem.

Thanks a lot for the info Bluz.

Posted by: SegerPettyfan ()
Date: June 3, 2008 04:10

[/quote]A little different from Friday night in Grand Rapids. We got "Spike" and "Straight Into Darkness" instead of "Saving Grace" and "Honey Bee" as I recall.[/quote]

Acutally in Grand Rapids he did play Saving Grace - the tracks he played differently were "Spike"; "Straight Into Darkness" and "Mystic Eyes". Too bad because I would have loved to hear him do "Cabin Down Below" & "Honey Bee". I do love "Mystic Eyes" though. It was a great show.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: June 3, 2008 04:11

Talk about your Warhorses!

Posted by: SegerPettyfan ()
Date: June 3, 2008 04:13

Sweet William was intended for Echo but never made the album. It appeared as a German B-Side to Room At The Top. It is a killer song.

Date: June 4, 2008 03:57

Well I'm normally the first one to say,bands should dig back deep in their catalog when they have a large body of material to choose from like Petty. But I can also see the argument to play a lot of hits. I'm going to see the Hollywood Bowl show with some friends who are not big concert goers,but like Tom Petty. I'm a big Petty fan and I could easily come up with 15-20 obscure songs he could play. But I don't think my frinds would dig it as much. It does look like Tom is doing his best to mix up the hits with some more obscure stuff for die-hards.

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 4, 2008 16:56

whitem8
Hey R did you see him in Grand Rapids? That was the last time I saw him during his last summer tour with the Black Crowes (two years ago?). I drove up from Saginaw and was stunned by the enthusiasm of the crowd! He is truly loved in GR! Was a great show!

I've seen him everytime in GR. I don't know why as he's not really a favorite of mine though there's no doubt this town loves the guy. When the Crowes opened for him they were so god-awful we spent their entire (much too long) set pounding beers in the concourse. Consequently my memories of Tom are bit foggy on that one.

I DID notice the other night the songs came quicker and there wasn't the interminatable pauses between them (up to to two minutes in some cases) of previous opening nights here. I also liked the mellower vibe and the more obscure songs rather than the Classic Rock Radio / Petty Hit Parade.

Date: June 6, 2008 05:37

This was a pretty good show. I went primarily to see Winwood but hate to say his was a disappointing set. Petty and band were great. Set list pretty much as listed, included Spike in TO. Highlight - a really nice tribute to Bo Diddley during the encore.

Date: June 12, 2008 06:02

agree..petty puts on great show and winwood was BO-RING except for when he came out and jammed with heartbreakers and sang gimmie some lovin'

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: June 12, 2008 12:34

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude

10801 Ventura Blvd
and
10601 Ventura Blvd

Thanks a lot for the info Bluz.

There's also a park and ride shuttle from Hollywood and Highland. That's not a bad option. There are a few restaurants and bars around as well. Plus, after the show if you don't want to wait for a bus, it's an easy downhill walk back to Hollywood and Highland. Just another option.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 12, 2008 12:51

R
whitem8

I've seen him everytime in GR. I don't know why as he's not really a favorite of mine though there's no doubt this town loves the guy. When the Crowes opened for him they were so god-awful we spent their entire (much too long) set pounding beers in the concourse. Consequently my memories of Tom are bit foggy on that one.

I DID notice the other night the songs came quicker and there wasn't the interminatable pauses between them (up to to two minutes in some cases) of previous opening nights here. I also liked the mellower vibe and the more obscure songs rather than the Classic Rock Radio / Petty Hit Parade.

Well am always suspicious when someone doesn't watch a show and says it is god aweful... perhaps your not a fan of the Crowes...but I thought their set was great, and actually way too short! It was a bummer they didn't play a full set, probably because they were more a backing band for that tour, but to see Marc Fort back with them was fantastic! They did an incredible version of Coming Home...
Petty was great as well, a little more polished and by the numbers, but good show.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home