Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Eagles at MSG
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: May 30, 2008 21:16

Anyone saw them the other night?
My firm has tix for Saturday night -- do you guys know what time they're supposed to go on stage? Thanks a lot!

Re: OT: Eagles at MSG
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:04

Your firm has Eagles tickets. That sounds about right.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:48

the reports i heard on the radio yesteray were all thumbs up, excellent show according to Q 1043 IN NEWYORK

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 31, 2008 15:05

Im' sorry but the Eagles are a different band without Felder. That guy who fills in live just doesn't cut it for me. Felder's guitar playing just gave their music a much broader atmosphere both live and in the studio. Too bad Henley has turned into such an egotistical prick. His songs (manifestos) on the new album completely turn me off. I'm not saying I agree or disagree politically with him, just not what I'd expected from an Eagles album.

For too many artists I think they want to be remembered more for protesting this point in history than just making great music. That's just my opinion but quite frankly I'm getting tired of it!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 31, 2008 16:22

I wish Felder would show up and sign copies of his book out front of MSG.

Frey and Henley are just too much. You can take what you want from Felder's book but the recent interview with Frey and Henley that was in Rolling Stone made me wanna puke. Henley is so over the top with his vanity and ego. What a pig!

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: May 31, 2008 16:35

Frey and Henley are true a-holes. I know from personal experience that Felder tells the truth in his book...he was/is a good man and a great guitar player.

Date: May 31, 2008 16:42

Did anyone catch Bernie Leadon's comment in the R.S. article?

Upon his departure from the band:

Tensions began to mount, and during a fight, he told Frey to "cool out" before dumping a beer on his head. Leadon quit soon after. "I don't regret it" he says.

I wonder if Leadon was talking about the dumping of the beer or the quitting of the band............or both?smiling smiley

Posted by: luxury man ()
Date: May 31, 2008 16:44

Definitely both!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 31, 2008 17:02

Imagine the band they'd be today if Leadon, Felder or even Meisner for that matter, were still in. A little tension has more times than not produced great music. It's all in how you deal with it. In Frey and Henley's case they're right and f@ck everyone else. They can't simply agree to disagree.

I sure as hell wouldn't pay to go see them now just because they're the Eagles. You can bet you'd have to sit and listen to Don up on his soap box and I for one don't want to pay for his pedestal!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-31 17:08 by shadooby.

Date: May 31, 2008 18:11

Never saw them before last week in Jersey. I thought they were really good. A little too polished and they looked for the most part joyless. I must say Henley not behind the drums on many of the songs just looks strange. If you like their music you will enjoy the show. They can still sing and play, however, it looks like their only in it for the money. For $188 you make the call.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: May 31, 2008 19:23

Got poor review in the NYC papers - except Joe Walsh - he was deemed very good.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 31, 2008 20:59

shadooby
Im' sorry but the Eagles are a different band without Felder. That guy who fills in live just doesn't cut it for me. Felder's guitar playing just gave their music a much broader atmosphere both live and in the studio. Too bad Henley has turned into such an egotistical prick. His songs (manifestos) on the new album completely turn me off. I'm not saying I agree or disagree politically with him, just not what I'd expected from an Eagles album.

For too many artists I think they want to be remembered more for protesting this point in history than just making great music. That's just my opinion but quite frankly I'm getting tired of it!

Ditto for me. At least they still have Joe. Henley's just a tad too "left leaning" for my taste. They do put on a flawless show though. However they've been playing the same basic set-list for at least 15 years now.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2008 00:14

I think the new album is actually pretty good. I saw them last year at the Nokia in LA. Good show,a little too short for what they charged. Plus they never change up the setlists. Like you guys said,they really do miss Felder. Stuart Smith might me a good session man but he's not very exciting live. They still sing well and perform their kind of show well. But after having seen them 5 times now over the years,I'm in no hurry to see them again. But if you've never seen them before and can afford it. Go,you'll enjoy it...Oh yeah and Joe Walsh is playing a lot better since he's been clean and sober.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: June 1, 2008 01:04

band came on at 8:20....played for three hrs...GREAT SHOW

Date: June 1, 2008 04:01

3hours, cant complain about that, its called getting your moneys worth, unless of course its a zep 3 hour show with a grand total of 12 songs

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 1, 2008 04:14

Personally I would rather have a half hour of The Stones than three hours of The Eagles lol.

Date: June 1, 2008 04:29

count me in on that frank

Date: June 1, 2008 07:04

Does somebody have a recent setlist they can post? Thanks.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: June 1, 2008 08:04

I hear you, Frank. Let me know when the Stones are back, and I'll see you there. Gotta keep busy,

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 1, 2008 10:11

Yeah, really good show, very (too?) polished. It made me miss the Stones even more though... Can't wait to see the boys back on stage.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 1, 2008 10:19

melillo
3hours, cant complain about that, its called getting your moneys worth, unless of course its a zep 3 hour show with a grand total of 12 songs

Not true, in a three hour performance they would give you a full 16 songs.

Date: June 1, 2008 16:35

oh my goodness!!!!! 16 songs in 3 hours, stop the presses!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 1, 2008 16:44

A friend recently saw them for her first time. She said the first half was songs from "Eden". Then a break and a nice, long hits set.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 1, 2008 16:47

How Long / Too Busy Being Fabulous / I Don’t Want To Hear Anymore / Guilty Of The Crime / Hotel California / Peaceful Easy Feeling / I Can't Tell You Why / Witchy Woman / Lyin' Eyes / Boys of Summer / In the City / Long Run / No More Walks In The Woods / Waiting in the Weeds / No More Cloudy Days / Love Will Keep Us Alive / Take It To The Limit / Long Road Out of Eden / Somebody / Walk Away / One Of These Nights / Life’s Been Good / Dirty Laundry / Funk 49 / Heartache Tonight / Life in the Fast Lane / Rocky Mountain Way / All She Wants To Do Is Dance / Take It Easy / Desperado

Posted by: jjthedj ()
Date: June 1, 2008 18:41

Too many new songs....or the new songs just seemed too much because each set started with 3 or 4 of them....even though they sound similar to the old ones. The pacing was better in 2005 when they had no "new" stuff to play. For those who say the set list never changes, it does...at least from 05 til now-- Glaring Omissions: New Kid in Town, Already Gone, Tequila Sunrise, Best of my Love...and not one Glenn Frey solo song. They did "you belong to the city" in 2005. Maybe Smugglers Blues and "Heat is on" have not aged well?? They are the ultimate corporation...it's the Frey/Henley corporation with a hired gun studio guy replacing Felder.

Funny, there are more non-eagles on stage then eagles. So pretentious....removing their coats at the same time, the same old jokes. As I told my friend after Frey introduced "take it to the limit" as his wife's credit card song, "what could she charge that would really ruin his 2 billion dollar credit line"? And then the video montage duirng "dirty laundry" slamming corporate right-wing media/celebrity news etc....are they saying "corportate media bad...but $200 dollar tickets ok"?? That said, they do sound really good and the technical sound is great...but oh so scripted except for the amazing Joe Walsh. He woke up the lazy-ass 38-55 year olds that made up the bulk of the crowd. And to depress us w/ that overplayed "desperado" as an encore....how bout going out on a high note instead-with a rockin song?

Date: June 1, 2008 20:09

Thanks for posting the setlist Bingo...I kind of wish they would drop some of their solo songs and dig back into the Eagles catalog and play some (egad) non-hits. They may have changed the setlist slightly from 05. But they don't change it from night to night. You know,like a certain guy from New Jersey has been doing lately.winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 1, 2008 20:27

I hear ya, scl. Songs like "Train Leaves here This Morning", "Certain Kind Of Fool", "Those Shoes", "After The Thrill Is Gone", etc. need a good airing too.

Date: June 1, 2008 20:28

I think I'll stay at home and just listen to the 1st greatest hits CD.

Posted by: Rihanna ()
Date: June 9, 2008 14:06

Well i like the Eagles too. I used to attend their concerts just to hear this wonderful song “Hotel California”. Especially with this song .They have captivated millions of fans worldwide. And they are also the best-selling American group ever, their tickets are hard to come by and often sky high. Thankfully I found a website where I found cheap ones. Now I will have the chance to attend all concerts with low prices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home