Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SHINE A LIGHT,GREAT
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: May 29, 2008 03:32

Got to see SAL last night and loved it. After reading all sorts of reviews on this movie I didnt know what to expect. In my opinion anybody who trashes this flick would have to go see it with a determination to find fault with it no matter what. What a way to waste your life. It was never meant to be a blockbuster, just a matinee style concert movie for the faithful and anybody else interested in being entertained. It showed the Stones where they are now and where they come from(will Mick ever slow down). The only blight on the movie which was obvious was including that waste of space jack white so he could destroy Loving Cup, what a heap of snot he is. Cheers to Scorsese for a giving us a well made entertaing movie about our idols. For those who havent seen it yet, dont miss it, dont try and analise it or find faults, just sit and watch and enjoy.

Re: SHINE A LIGHT,GREAT
Posted by: winos ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:16

Agreed whiskey - I saw it last at Imax in Melb, always a fan of Scorses's work, thought Keith was very funny with his quips. Great version of Some Girls but Jack White's (and I like the white stripes) voice couldn't carry Loving Cup. Going again to see it at normal cinema so I don't have to look up Mick's nose next time.....
Were you there Rockman???

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:43

Hi Winos, I saw it last night in Perth,pity they closed the IMAX in Perth some time ago. Yeah mate I really liked the movie.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:46

im hitting imax on Sat

how was the screen ?
was the crowd getting into it ?

any shit seats ?

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: May 29, 2008 09:07

Hi fellow IORR'ers,

My first post today, after visiting here for many many years.

I saw SAL in Sydney last night at the IMAX premiere & it was mind blowingly wonderful.

It was a packed house. They announced a few times before the show started, that it was a full house & to make sure that we did not leave any spare seats between other people as it was very full.

We got there about 30 minutes before start & already the 2 queues to get in were very very long.

A couple of spare rows down the very front [neck breaking seats!!] but easily 90%+ full. I know that they officially deem that a FULL HOUSE although yes - there could have been a few more people squeeze in.

Everyone seemed to love it, lots of laughs at some of the interviews & some cheers after some great moments.

A truly fantastic cinema expreience.

How anyone could not sit down for 2 hours, watch these 4 brilliant musicians put on a fantastic show, sounding incredible, looking mesmerising, and then walk out with anything other than a overwhelming sense of satisfaction [pardon the pun] & exhilaration is truly sad and beyond my comprehension.

I have my "SAL t-shirt" now [thanks IMAX], and am going back Friday night & Saturday night. Many more to come after that.

Too many highlights to even mention, so lets just say that there was 1 "mega" highlight, and it was just over 2 hours long!

Thankyou once again ROLLING STONES for bringing me happiness, enjoyment & pure 100%+ entertainment.

"SHINE A LIGHT" is exactly the reason I have been a true Stones fan for 25+ years now & will continue to be forever.

Cheers to you all & long live the greatest ever band in the history of music - THE ROLLING STONES!

silverstones69.

Posted by: christie ()
Date: May 29, 2008 10:50

I completely agree with you. Just magic. I am tired of reading HERE !!! so much stupidities about that masterpiece of Martin Scorcese. I saw SAL X 8 in my town. It stayed 3 weeks, and several no fans came with me. They also found the film fantastic. When I see some people giving some 'bad' critics without seing it ! I precise imo The Band is a minor band. The last waltz was just a boring moment. Even in dvd some years later.
The best film about the Rolling Stones is here now. Christie.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 29, 2008 10:56

It's so funny that there seem to be two sides, roughly. One side despises Jack White's performance on Loving Cup and love Christina Aguilera on Live With Me. For the other side (including myself) Jack White does great work while Christina Aguilera is just yelling here way through Live With Me... In fact, to warm things up, CA makes me come close to something I really not do very often: reach for the remote to skip the song...

Jelle

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2008 11:18

sluissie
It's so funny that there seem to be two sides, roughly. One side despises Jack White's performance on Loving Cup and love Christina Aguilera on Live With Me. For the other side (including myself) Jack White does great work while Christina Aguilera is just yelling here way through Live With Me... In fact, to warm things up, CA makes me come close to something I really not do very often: reach for the remote to skip the song...

Jelle

Then there is a third party (like me) who don't give a shit what neither mr. White or ms. Aguilera does there, but concentrates solely into what mr. Jagget does there - and is worried about that.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 11:19 by Doxa.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:02

glad it grooved you people ...

(Doxa, just wondering if you've noticed the title of this thread, and whether it's on purpose
that you've spread your doubts/anxieties to yet another Enthusiastic Thread. you're free to do that, of course,
but ... do you ever think maybe people who are tired of gloominess should have a thread where they can enthuse in peace?
just wondering, as i say - carry on as you see fit, of course ... )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 15:12 by with sssoul.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:09

SHINE A LIGHT,NOT SO GREAT AS IT COULD'VE BEEN

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:18

BUT STILL BY FAR GREAT ENOUGH TO ENJOY IT, LOUD AND WITHOUT RESERVE

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:24

IF YOU LIKE TO SEE A BAND THAT SHOULD HAVE PACKED IT IN SOME YEARS AGO, BUT HEY,THEY'RE THE STONES AND I AM GONNA LIKE IT, WHETHER IT SUCKS BIG TIME OR NOT

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:40

Folks who don't like the modern/current band are entitled to their valid opinions. The latter day Stones obviously don't do it for them. That's fair enough [...and they have my sympathy ;^)]
But I'm tired of those opinions being expressed as facts.
I get just the same buzz from this band today as I did 30 odd years ago.
Is it the same band ? No...it's different, and I enjoy those differences.

It seems that our antipodean number appreciate the current band more than many of we "old worlders" ;^).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 15:48 by Spud.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 29, 2008 15:44

Glad you enjoyed it so much. I thought is was fabulous and can't wait for it to be released on dvd....jonesin already.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 29, 2008 16:39

gimme_shelter
IF YOU LIKE TO SEE A BAND THAT SHOULD HAVE PACKED IT IN SOME YEARS AGO, BUT HEY,THEY'RE THE STONES AND I AM GONNA LIKE IT, WHETHER IT SUCKS BIG TIME OR NOT

THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE PACKED IT IN YEARS AGO, AND IT DOESN'T SUCK!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2008 21:11

with sssoul

(Doxa, just wondering if you've noticed the title of this thread, and whether it's on purpose
that you've spread your doubts/anxieties to yet another Enthusiastic Thread. you're free to do that, of course,
but ... do you ever think maybe people who are tired of gloominess should have a thread where they can enthuse in peace?
just wondering, as i say - carry on as you see fit, of course ... )

(with sssoul, aren't you a bit too sensitive - but it is so humble that to be worried about other people's feelings...? All the best.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-29 21:12 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1566
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home