Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: How Confident Are You There Will be a 2009 Tour?
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 28, 2008 03:56

Hey Gazza, don"t forget to do a boxset of the "SWEET NEOCON" sessions!! Just joking!! I do wish the Stones(at least in the states) would just do a 3-5 night Arena run in the major market cities. They could just spend a week in each one,have 2-3 nights off and only put the stage up and down once a week. Just wishful thinking.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 28, 2008 05:12

my wish is a 6 CD boxset "COSMIC CHRISTMAS SESSIONS Variations Of A Scheme", now that would be something!!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:07

I'm gonna say 75% chance of a tour starting toward the end of 2009, and 100% for talk or rumors about it.

The health and substance abuse problems along with age mean that time is shortening...

Quite frankly, I don't think I'll have too many bucks but I'll find a way to go to one or two, anyway. Haven't regretted a show yet, or the chance to meet some a youse.

Posted by: steviewags ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:22

Maybe a "Vegas" type thing?
Let the fans come to them. 10-15- nights in Vegas or whatever.
The Deviles moved outta Brendan Byrne (Not sure about nets) Maybe 10-12 shows at Meadowlands?
We have the old Sepectrum available here in Philly (17,000 seats)
That would be GREAT!
I wish they woulda done some shows at MSG or wherever to promote "Shine A Lite"

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 28, 2008 06:27

Who knows only Mick and he ain't talking. I would like to see them again. Only time will tell. If so I don't think it will be a long one again.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: May 28, 2008 07:33

I haven't been following ticket sales for other tours, but my guess is that the economy thing has got to have an impact. Even Cohl can't ignore it. It's a good thing he soaked us before banks started foreclosing on people's houses and gas prices started the wild climb.

People around here are having trouble paying for necessities; going to ridiculously priced concerts, even just going out to restaurants, all of that stuff has fallen by the wayside.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: May 28, 2008 08:50

Somebody please Chime in? Remember that SoN oF sAm ChArAcTeR, anyone? You know he thought he spoke the voice of reason and said save your money the Stones are touring. Where is the nut case now, with his predictions?

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 11:39

The Rolling stones tour 2012. The 50 year celebration tour. drinking smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 28, 2008 12:09

Gazza
..dont know about THAT, Jon....LOL

yes, 2008 is my year to regroup and pay some dues. i may even "mortgage up my life" which means i won't be able to see as many shows?! i hope that's not the case...

Date: May 28, 2008 13:52

I would like to see them again, too, BUT (and thats a big BUT...no wordplay intended!!!) they must give me a reason for wanting to see them again. could be a great new album, could be a fresh new setlist concept, could be some changes in the backing band, but most definitely just a new stage, different lights & fireworks wont do it for me. considering their age, the set will most probably even shorter next time, and if this results in even more warhorse-heavy and predictable setlists, I might see one show for old times sake, but thats it.

of course Im aware that there are a lot of younger fans out there who did not have the chance to see them as often as I did in nearly 4 decades, and I keep my fingers crossed for them, but I for one am all up for more emphasis on the music itself and less, much less emphasis on pure show aspects like stage design etc. because it would mean more or less old wine in new bottles.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2008 14:06

It is as solid as the fact that we all will wake up healthy and ready on a day in the fall of 2009. They talk about it, they have plans for it, a tour, but before that, the world will have still a lot of water running from the rivers into the sea.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 28, 2008 14:08

BV's been on them woodbines agin.....

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 14:45

Dear BV, and what about a new studio album?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 28, 2008 15:06

Guys. Don't worry. They will be back on the road soon enough. The only reason for it not to happen, is if one of them dies. I'm pretty certain that Keith really would get rolled out in a wheelchair. Feck, I hope they do As Tears Go By, or some other song where Keith sits down with an acoustic. Keith could be sitting in a wheelchair. Would be funny and sick.

Bring on another killer tour....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Orbit ()
Date: May 28, 2008 16:36

Gazza
T&A
screw touring; open the vaults.

If I could trust them to do that properly, I'd probably agree.

I'd love to see them open the vaults but I'm not sure just what everyone's hoping for? Yes it would be nice to have official releases of a lot of the 70's tours but in terms of actual unheard new songs I can't believe that a band that historically tends to re-visit old sessions (e.g. Tattoo You, 'So Young' turning up as a b-side 16 years after it was recorded, the lack of anything new on 'Rarities' etc.) is sitting on much?

In terms of properly recorded live shows, every tour since 1969 has had at least one or two shows captured, with the glaring exception of 1970 (although I'm always puzzled that very little has ever surfaced of the tapes made for Love You Live from 1975, 76 and 77) - The reality is that even with the mountain of live material that probably exists, whilst I would love to be proved wrong, I suspect that there aren't too many surprises.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 28, 2008 17:01

What exactly do they intend to tour behind? I know the likes of Dylan tour regardless, yet surely its a little late for the Stones to do the same?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like the Stones to tour again, health and performance ability permitted.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 28, 2008 17:09

Instead of another goddamn hits comp or a new album that they basically refuse to play any tunes from, why not a single? Along with the single Don't Stop, they pretty much played a good bit of Licks (ha ha). With some obvious exceptions on Disc 2.

A single. Maybe one extra track. That's all they need.

Or nothing at all, just call the tour The Rolling Stones 2010-2012 World Tour. And that would be it.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 20:06

Well, it's as sure as life can be.....

My guess is September 09, though US only....

Date: May 29, 2008 05:27

skipstone

A single. Maybe one extra track. That's all they need.

Or nothing at all, just call the tour The Rolling Stones 2010-2012 World Tour. And that would be it.

mmmh, sounds like youre easily satisfied....

why not call the tour "Stones - Same Procedure As Every Year World Tour" ?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 29, 2008 10:24

...or the "Oh No Not Us Again Tour" ;^)

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: May 29, 2008 13:39

So Young recorded in 1978?Wasn't this a VL song?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2008 13:56

The plan is to do it just like they did it in 1997. Recording before the tour start, relase timed for the tour start in September. Never change a winning team.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 29, 2008 14:05

bv
The plan is to do it just like they did it in 1997. Recording before the tour start, relase timed for the tour start in September. Never change a winning team.

Sounds good, especially the recording plans smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2008 14:51

new album sounds good! however, it dampens the hope for archive releases a bit, because considering the way of thinking of those record company marketing experts such releases would probably harm the building up of excitement for a new album. so before the new album in summer 2009 all we fans will get will probably just be the SAL DVD release this year.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 29, 2008 14:59

Hansel
So Young recorded in 1978?Wasn't this a VL song?

The basic track was used, with a 1994-Jagger singing over it.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: May 29, 2008 19:23

bv

That's what I was thinking, too. But hearing it from bv makes me feel better about it.

Date: May 29, 2008 19:57

Oh, there will definitely be a 2009 tour. Don't know how big or how small, but if ya don't believe me, ask Keno over at Gasland. His inside sources have already confirmed the 2009 tour "privately."

"And I'm growin' funny flowers in my little window sill"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 31, 2008 07:21

Easily satisfied? No, just quite confident that with exception to You Got Me Rocking they won't play anything post-1981 on the nothing to promote 2010-2012 world tour...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 31, 2008 15:10

it will be the usual trek around the world, if they did it at 60-65 then they can do it at 62-67 wouldnt you think?????

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 31, 2008 20:45

If a new album, I would bet on Stadium dates ( though lesser than before ) in Europe. If nothing new, then confidential arena dates for Europe, just to let people know they still exist ( if not musically ).

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home