Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Plan & Krauss
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: May 23, 2008 12:42

Just a stunning gig last night. T Bone Burnette has assembled some band here, and the voices were sublime. This link here somes it up quite well.

[music.topdiggnews.com]

Re: OT Plan & Krauss
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 23, 2008 13:20

Nanker Phlegm
Just a stunning gig last night. T Bone Burnette has assembled some band here, and the voices were sublime. This link here somes it up quite well.

[music.topdiggnews.com]

Glad to see you made it to Wembley. Wasn't it beautiful, and as you say, that is some band they have there - you feel they could tackle almost anything. I never realised before what a Sandy Denny fan Robert Plant is, and when they did that bit of Matty Groves - wow! Their voices go together so perfectly.

Date: May 23, 2008 17:36

Yes the Matty Groves bit was great, even if not complete. Do you know Little Musgrave by Planxty, the same story (slight change pf perspective) and different air, well wort checking out.

I hope they do it again.

Re: OT Plant & Krauss
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2008 17:37

thanks Nanker, sounds like a great show (you weren't that guy "singing along tunelessly" were you?.......oh, and how do you spell Robert's last name?

Date: May 23, 2008 18:08

Lukester
thanks Nanker, sounds like a great show (you weren't that guy "singing along tunelessly" were you?.......oh, and how do you spell Robert's last name?

Me and my typos, i should give things a quick read, before i press post. no i wasnt singing, just smiling smiling smiley

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2008 18:34

.....ha ha, I can understand the typo, you were probably so excited to share this review with us that you just didn't have time to type a "t." I do that all the ime.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 23, 2008 20:49

Nanker Phlegm
Me and my typos, i should give things a quick read, before i press post. no i wasnt singing, just smiling smiling smiley

Just go back to your first post, click on Edit and change it. thumbs up

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: May 23, 2008 21:31

I once had a plan that involved Alison Krauss ... she slipped through the ropes and got away, though.

Posted by: David Neal ()
Date: June 10, 2008 14:58

any idea how long the show was?....warm-up band?.....Thank You

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: June 10, 2008 15:43

Thanks for the review. I have tickets for Plant and Krauss here in Atlanta next month, and I'm very psyched up for the show.

Cheers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home