Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MC5 and Primal Scream share bill at Royal Festival Hall
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 21, 2008 17:12

In the absence of The Stones this year, this has got to be one of the gigs of the year. MC5 play for an hour, Scream play for an hour and then they join together for a one hour rave up. Motor City is burning, London'll be burning too. Tickets going real fast.

Re: MC5 and Primal Scream share bill at Royal Festival Hall
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: May 21, 2008 19:38

i got me 2nd row centre, if i'm up to it. was wondering if they would do a joint set.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 21, 2008 19:41

how are Primal Scream live, Silver Dagger? I really like their XTRMNTR album, now somewhat dated I suppose... haven't liked anything else I've heard to the same extent, a couple of tracks off a recent album were almost as appealing.

MC5 played in Central Park a couple of years ago. I sat outside the stage area on a bench and listened--the guitars were still ripping.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 21, 2008 21:08

Well cc, they're excellent live. They combine old school 70s rock guitar slinging with absolutely mind altering psychedelic techno. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the greatest afficiando of techno but it works within the context of the set. Theyt use lots of white light too which adds to the starkness of the music. All in all great dynamics. MC5 still cook. I saw them at the Astoria in London a few years ago and they played like their lives depended on it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home