Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Zeppelin to tour
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 11, 2008 13:24

SonicDreamer
Melillo

With respect, if you had seen the Stones over three shows at the O2 Arena in August 2007 and then Zeppelin at the same venue for one show in December 2007, you would comprehend the misguided nature of your statement.

SD

Melillo's right.

First of all, the secondo O2 show was nothing short of fantastic; the other two were quite average indeed. But the point is: the Stones performed more that 150 shows in two years, while Led Zep one (!) show in thirty years. Do you really think that, had the Stones been in the same situation as Led Zeppelin, they would have pulled out just an average show? Of course not! They'd definitely pull out a memorable one (and also many many Bigger Bang shows have been really memorable, for the record)!!!!

Let's have 150 Led Zepp shows and let's see if they will deliver!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-11 14:16 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: May 11, 2008 13:29

Guys, Plant does not want to do it, it is NOT happening.

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 13:45

Unfortunately it seems unlikely by now.

But who knows? We're witnessing lots of comebacks lately, and some of them looked impossible not so long ago.

Time will tell, I guess.

And, Whitesnake supporting Led Zep? That's a double bill I surely would't want to miss!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 11, 2008 20:59

I'd be more than happy to miss Whitesnake. I want to stay awake if I'm to see Zep.

Which I think will not happen.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 21:21

If a world tour comes off this will be dangerous territory for Plant/Page and co.
Apart from the effort that their bodies will be put thru physical in at least 3 concerts per week they will have to sustain a high level of performance throughout the tour or be savaged by critics and fans.
This is a lot harder than what everyone thinks but when the big bucks are offered along with massaging egos people often make decisions that they will regret at a later stage.
A full blown world tour by LZ appears unlikely but they may settle for a mini version which will still bring in big bucks and along them to once more be back in the limelight.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 11, 2008 22:52

Another day,another rumor. Like usual,it would be great if true. But I'm not holding my breath. But the thing I find odd is that Plant keeps saying he doesn't want to do a tour and try's to distance himself from all the rumors. But yet he's all too willing to keep playing Zep songs at his concerts. If he didn't do Zep songs live,maybe people would beleive him when he says he doesn't want to do a Zep tour. Of course if he didn't do Zep songs live,no one would show up either.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:37

I'd go to a Zep show if they had the songs (Which they don't, 'cept for about 15 that's worth listening to), and if Jimmy Page could shut up from time to time (Solo, solo, solo. And then another solo. And after that: A SOLO. A chorus--------> Another solo. New song. And a solo. And then another. And yet another. Jesus feckin' Christ. As if the whole world depended on his frickin' solos. I'm yawning after the first three. Needless to say: I'll never be a big fan of theirs.
That being said: I could be pursuaded to see a show if they go out on tour. I'm pretty confident I wouldn't love it all that much though. I'd rather see other artists that I'm not a fan of, but still would be interesting to see (Like U2 or Bruce Springsteen. Never saw them live and it would be fun. Although again: I don't like U2be. Any band that can make a song like Pride (In The Name Of Love) should be shot dead. >grinning smiley<

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:50

I don't think Plant will tour unless they have some new material. That seemed to be the case with Page/Plant in the '90s, and he keeps saying how he won't just played "old stuff".

So if the rumours of the others working up some new ideas whilst the Plant/Krauss tour is on is correct.... it may just happen...

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: May 12, 2008 12:57

JumpingKentFlash
I'd go to a Zep show if they had the songs (Which they don't, 'cept for about 15 that's worth listening to), and if Jimmy Page could shut up from time to time (Solo, solo, solo. And then another solo. And after that: A SOLO. A chorus--------> Another solo. New song. And a solo. And then another. And yet another. Jesus feckin' Christ. As if the whole world depended on his frickin' solos. I'm yawning after the first three. Needless to say: I'll never be a big fan of theirs.
That being said: I could be pursuaded to see a show if they go out on tour. I'm pretty confident I wouldn't love it all that much though. I'd rather see other artists that I'm not a fan of, but still would be interesting to see (Like U2 or Bruce Springsteen. Never saw them live and it would be fun. Although again: I don't like U2be. Any band that can make a song like Pride (In The Name Of Love) should be shot dead. >grinning smiley<

Thank you for this, truly essential, comment.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 12, 2008 13:11

You're......... Welcome?

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-12 13:11 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 16:16

The new Whitesnake album is fantastic! So glad to have them back!!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: May 12, 2008 16:58

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that the Coverdale/Page album was better than pretty much all of the albums that Percy has put out over the years, and that includes 'Raising sands'

Stick that in your fuse box!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 12, 2008 17:18

Musically spoken u2 and Springsteen deliver much more than the Stones have done with their nostalgic Circus act since 1989.
Springsteen is really impressive with his band and not relying on 'war horses' at all. Edge plays better guitar than Keith and Ronnie combined for the last say 15 yrs.
What would be the challenge for Plant to play 150 gigs with old material? Chapeau for Plant that he prefers to challenge new ways! Look forward to see Wednesday with Krauss. For time being will put on LZ Seattle 73, a great new soundboard release from Empress Valley

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: May 12, 2008 17:22

umm the edge plays ONE riff.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 12, 2008 17:24

at least in a proper way. Can't say that of Keith anymore.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: May 12, 2008 17:31

A very, very early version of Stairway .....

Date: May 12, 2008 17:56

We don't need another version of Whitesnake.

And no one will miss Zep - just listen to any horrible classic rock station in the U.S. - they play the same 15 songs EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: May 12, 2008 18:20

"Edge plays better guitar than Keith and Ronnie combined for the last say 15 yrs."

Edge a good guitar player - give me a break. He is an average guitar player with his own simple sound.

When Keith was at Edge's age, he could outplay Edge in whichever way.

When this is said, I surely can find other guitarplayers better than Keith.

U2's luck is that Bono has turned the band in to a political project that has massive appeal - political correctness nowadays is cool even if it is fake.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 12, 2008 18:24

LOVE that YouTube clip... hilarious.

Date: May 12, 2008 18:43

Come on.

Whitesnake?

They SUCK!

There is no way that that would even happen. If they do get it together and tour you think they'd allow a terrible Zap wannabe band to open for them? I would certainly hope not.

Whitesnake?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 12, 2008 19:17

VoodooLounge13
The new Whitesnake album is fantastic! So glad to have them back!!

I hate to admit it but you're right. It's very good.

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: May 12, 2008 19:37

I rather see a Zepp show a 100 times more than another JJF tour.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2008 19:50

I personally think it would be great and I'd love a ticket. Most folks feel the same way.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 12, 2008 21:27

Well to be fair to David this is on his official website 'There is absolutely no truth whatsoever to this statement about Led Zeppelin and David. David has never said such a thing and has no reason to say it. It is at best wishful thinking on the part of a few fans.. and at worse a deliberate attempt to stir up a bit of muck.'

I don't think that current snake are as good as classic snake but they are bloody good live. The new albums not bad either.

I really don't think that Zep without Plant would ever happen. Another Coverdale/Page maybe?

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 06:31

By my count this is the third article quoting someone saying they were opening up for Zeppelin. First, The Cult, next was Velvet Revolver, and now Whitesnake. Wonder who will be next?

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: May 13, 2008 18:17

"By my count this is the third article quoting someone saying they were opening up for Zeppelin. First, The Cult, next was Velvet Revolver, and now Whitesnake. Wonder who will be next?"

I wouldnt be suprised if it would be Stones? It would be very fitting.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 13, 2008 18:20

Zepplin couldn't tour cause they can't fill stadiums!
confused smiley

Date: May 13, 2008 18:50

The Story Remains The Same.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: May 13, 2008 20:18

Judging by the amount of bands set to support LZ on tour, it looks like being a 3 day festival !

i can't see them using a support in any case unless it was a Knebworth type affair and not an arena/tour event. Also could Jimmy run the risk of another "bizarre gardening accident" ???

I'm more surprised that these rumours are repeated than started in the first place. and as fopr the peopel then reply to these threads.....
.... OH FECK,

Date: May 13, 2008 22:07

No no no no no! This is great! Two Zep threads both chewing it about Whitesnork! I LOVE it!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home