Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick Taylor in London Report
Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 01:56

GoodGigsVids
Just come across these posts and they make fascinating reading, thanks to all.
I've just posted the encore from the set and titled it What'd I Say from the above set list.
Here it is

Don't forget, all is fair in Rock and Roll and I was glad to be part of the evening.

ps sonnyboythethird could you upload your soundtrack again?

he looks like Elvis's twin brother just prir to E popping off to the big Burgerbar in the sky.............kind of scary resemblance

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 14, 2008 11:55

Here Mick comes again:

[www.seatwave.nl]

Posted by: sonnyboythethird ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:02

GoodGigsVids

ps sonnyboythethird could you upload your soundtrack again?

Here is Part 2

See previous page for Link to Part 1. Again, this will expire if no download for 30 days.

Date: November 19, 2008 02:01

I have now re-edited the audio recording to add track markers. The Rapidshare link previously given still works; I have just updated the links within the folder.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: November 20, 2008 05:05

sonnyboythethird
I have now re-edited the audio recording to add track markers. The Rapidshare link previously given still works; I have just updated the links within the folder.

Thanks for the update. I am not fluent in mp3, so what do you mean by "add track markers"?

As far as I can tell, the first upload had some tracks with multiple songs:

01 In the Dead of Night, Fed Up With the Blues, You Don't Love Me, Losing My Faith, You Got to Move
02 You Got to Move contd, Don't Worry Baby, The Road We Choose
03 Hong Kong
04 Beautiful Girl, I've Got News for you, Blind Willie McTell
05 Blind Willie McTell contd
06 No Expectations, Blues Medley

The new download also has six tracks. Are the new track markers within these six tracks?

Again, thanks for making all of this available.

Date: November 21, 2008 02:30

Smokey

Thanks for the update. I am not fluent in mp3, so what do you mean by "add track markers"?

Sorry, I should have spelt this out more clearly and referred specifically to my post of May 17. (The posts of October 14 & 15 have links to Sendspace files and they haven't changed. I'll only re-up to Sendspace if anyone asks me to.) To eliminate doubt, here is the link again Mick Taylor Blues Summit

This should take you to a rapidshare folder with three files called Mick_Taylor_2008-05-05__320.part1.rar etc.

Each song - and most of the announcements in between - is now a separate track.

Now that I am getting the hang of Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, I am gradually digitising and uploading my concert recordings and posting links to them in my blog Phil's bootlegs. They won't all be of interest to IORR readers, but I do have a couple of MT in the pipeline - Queen Elizabeth Hall, 2nd May 2004 and John Mayall at Dartford, 1 November 2004 where MT guests on a few numbers. I can't promise when I'll get round to these, but I'll let you know when I do.

Date: November 21, 2008 07:57

sonnyboythethird
Smokey

Sorry, I should have spelt this out more clearly and referred specifically to my post of May 17. (The posts of October 14 & 15 have links to Sendspace files and they haven't changed. I'll only re-up to Sendspace if anyone asks me to.) To eliminate doubt, here is the link again Mick Taylor Blues Summit

This should take you to a rapidshare folder with three files called Mick_Taylor_2008-05-05__320.part1.rar etc.

Each song - and most of the announcements in between - is now a separate track.

Now that I am getting the hang of Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, I am gradually digitising and uploading my concert recordings and posting links to them in my blog Phil's bootlegs. They won't all be of interest to IORR readers, but I do have a couple of MT in the pipeline - Queen Elizabeth Hall, 2nd May 2004 and John Mayall at Dartford, 1 November 2004 where MT guests on a few numbers. I can't promise when I'll get round to these, but I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks for clarifying this!

The news about Dartford is exciting. I think a version of the QEH 2004 show circulates: is it possibly yours?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-21 08:01 by Smokey.

Date: November 24, 2008 01:43

It's not often you find the words "exciting" and "Dartford" in the same sentence. I'm working on it now so should have download links in a few days.

I don't think the QEH 2004 show in circulation is mine but I can't be absolutely sure. I haven't heard it. I did give a couple of people copies of the tape so it is always possible someone has digitised it.

Date: November 24, 2008 06:11

sonnyboythethird
It's not often you find the words "exciting" and "Dartford" in the same sentence. I'm working on it now so should have download links in a few days.
Great news!

sonnyboythethird
I don't think the QEH 2004 show in circulation is mine but I can't be absolutely sure. I haven't heard it. I did give a couple of people copies of the tape so it is always possible someone has digitised it.

AFAIK, the show, but not the interview, circulates. Nico's site, nzentgraf.de, shows:

040502A 2nd May: London, Royal Festival Hall, The Chelsfield Room, ‘An Audience With
Mick Taylor’
- interview with MT by David Mead and the audience

040502B 2nd May: London, Queen Elizabeth Hall, ‘International Guitar Festival’
(Secret Affair/Twisted Sister/Blues instrumental/Late At Night/Blind Willie
McTell/You Gotta Move/Can't You Hear Me Knocking/No Expectations)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Max Middleton (keyb)/Michael Bailey (bass)/Godfrey
McLean (dr)

Date: November 29, 2008 17:59

Here are links for audios of

Mick Taylor, Queen Elizabeth Hall, 2nd May 2004
Support act was Aynsley Lister and Band. Unfortunately, I must have accidentally hit the pause button on the recorder (not for the first or last time) and so failed to capture their performance.

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Mick Taylor, Orchard Theatre, Dartford - 1st November 2004
Support act was Stan Webb's Chicken Shack. Their session is also preserved here. (If you have seem them in the past few years, you will probably find this is all the same songs in the same order.)

Date: November 30, 2008 03:01

sonnyboythethird
Here are links for audios of

Mick Taylor, Queen Elizabeth Hall, 2nd May 2004
Support act was Aynsley Lister and Band. Unfortunately, I must have accidentally hit the pause button on the recorder (not for the first or last time) and so failed to capture their performance.

John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Mick Taylor, Orchard Theatre, Dartford - 1st November 2004
Support act was Stan Webb's Chicken Shack. Their session is also preserved here. (If you have seem them in the past few years, you will probably find this is all the same songs in the same order.)

Wow, many thanks!

Taylor's guitar tech for the Bluesbreakers' 2004 tour has posted pix and a diary at: [www.walkietalkiemusic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-30 08:56 by Smokey.

Posted by: GoodGigsVids ()
Date: December 13, 2008 19:04

If it's alright with you sonnyboythethird I would like to dub your sound from the QEH gig to go with my video.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-13 19:18 by GoodGigsVids.

Date: December 14, 2008 09:55

GoodGigsVids
If it's alright with you sonnyboythethird I would like to dub your sound from the QEH gig to go with my video.

Very interesting

Could you please make this available to the iorr.org crowd?

Date: December 14, 2008 19:07

GoodGigsVids

You're welcome. Go ahead.

Date: December 14, 2008 20:22

sonnyboythethird
GoodGigsVids

You're welcome. Go ahead.

Cheers. BTW what do you use to record the sound?

Date: December 15, 2008 01:24

GoodGigsVids
Cheers. BTW what do you use to record the sound?

Fairly basic, just a portable audio cassette recorder. Currently I have a Panasonic RQ-L480. I use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab to edit and convert to mp3. Maybe one day I'll invest in a digital recorder.

Date: December 22, 2008 14:00

Two of Terry's songs on the night.
'Don't Worry Baby'

'The Road We Chose'

Hey sonnyboythethird, I used the the camera sound as yours went out of sync....you'll have to invest in a digital recorder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 17:22 by GoodGigsVids.

Posted by: OnlyRockNRoll ()
Date: October 3, 2012 17:39

At least part of that last song is called "It Takes Time". It's an old Otis Rush song and you can also hear a version on a Rory Gallagher album (bonus track). Hope this helps.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 3, 2012 20:23

thecitadel

Unfortunately he isn't a band leader:

Mick T: what a guitarist - needs to find a good band!

This is a pretty clear observation and comment imho. I have often thought the very same thing. Not everyone is cut out to be the orchestrating the dream that they are participating in. If fact, it seems most people do their best work as members of a team where they can add to the mix without having to produce the record too.

And artistically speaking, those Left Brain <----> Right Brain transitions are a bitch. peace

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home