Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Youtube: Stockholm 1995
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 5, 2008 13:33

Re: Youtube: Stockholm 1995
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 5, 2008 14:49

Thanks... that was the beginning of European Tour 1995, and few days from that I happen to see (thrilled) my first Stones concert ever. Great memories.

By the way, I happened to listen to Buddy Holly's original "Not Fade Away" other day, and I was surprised how close the Stones Voodoo Lounge tour version is of that. Seemingly, they had the Holly version in their mind then, not their more aggressive, bodiddley-oriented own.

- Doxa

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 5, 2008 18:07

That was cool!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 5, 2008 20:57

I have a question about Mick entering the stage:

On most videos he comes from the side of the stage. But I saw one video where he appeared in front of the mic using the elevator board at the centre of the stage. How many times did he do that? And why didn't he do it on all shows?

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: May 5, 2008 21:05

franzk
I have a question about Mick entering the stage:

On most videos he comes from the side of the stage. But I saw one video where he appeared in front of the mic using the elevator board at the centre of the stage. How many times did he do that? And why didn't he do it on all shows?

He did it a few times at the beginning of the North American tour, and eventually they decided the trapdoor thing worked best in Sympathy For the Devil.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: May 5, 2008 22:17

Thanks tommycharles.

I think that the trapdoor thing was cooler, but still the way Mick was coming from the side was very cool too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1209
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home