Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Amazing Splatter All Meat Music LP found...anyone else have this?
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 2, 2008 17:56

I have only seen one other copy of this in 40 years of collecting...

any one else have it?

JR

Re: Amazing Splatter All Meat Music LP found...anyone else have this?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:00

No. But I have the 3 vinyl album box from the US 75 tour. The three albums were in red, white and blue to commemorate the US bi-centennial celebrations. Can't quite remember the title but one of the boots is called Who Went To Church This Sunday. Think it was from LA Forum.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:01

Great bootleg!

The version of It's All Over Now is arguably their best ever.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:14

Wow looks awesome!!

How much is it worth?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:55

i have also this one i think, must check my collection.

Date: May 2, 2008 19:00

Its pretty valuable....Not sure exactly how much...only the market can tell. I checked ebay, but this particular variation hasnt sold recently....except this one, which I got for a song.

Steffiestones, please let me know if you have this exact combination. There are others out there, but most have blank white labels, and the vinyl isnt as splattery as this one.

Thanks,

JR

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 2, 2008 19:25

Looks nice, especially the label on the red vinyl disc;

me, I only have the black vinyl edition with yellow and bronze TMOQ labels

Date: May 2, 2008 19:42

Bronze labels are nice too....this is the reissue, with the slightly later matrices. Sounds as good as the original, though.

JR

PS Thanks for all the responses on this...perhaps we should do a bootleg of the week thread...

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: May 2, 2008 19:52

I got it, its the packaging for Nicarauguan (sp?) Benefit concert in 73, a two-album set I picked up in 74 in athens, GA. No TMOQ branding on the discs, though.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: May 2, 2008 19:58

i had that disc, sold it years ago

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 2, 2008 20:01

I've a few Czeckoslavakian splatter vinyl LPs but not that one

Date: May 2, 2008 20:06

Yes, this is a good ole American press....

Thanks for all the help on my research here.

JR

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 2, 2008 20:06

Yeah, I have that one JR, it also has the TMOQ label on both discs (can't recall the vinyl's color/look EXACLY) a good sounding bootleg I thought (especially since the cassette recorder we tried to sneak into the Forum was found and taken away (or they took the batteries - can't remember) got it back later with no concert on the tape naturally.... MIDNIGHT RAMBLER was the encore but left off the boot for some reason) So JR, a BALLPARK price on my copy, come on, don't be coy.......

Date: May 2, 2008 20:15

I got mine for $100, but I gotta think its worth 5 times that, if in mint shape like mine. I'd LOVE to track down the encore!

JR

Date: May 2, 2008 20:38

Thanks Much JR, that's GOOD NEWS !!! As far as the encore I've never heard of it coming out but I have not really followed CD Boots too well (as opposed to my vinyls which I was really on top of) The CD's with their added extras and all that... on the other hand the "Recorders" of the 73 Forum show might have left early or started packing up cause it seemed like they were REALLY looking for recorders during that one Benefit show for some strange reason - snuck recorders in to dozens of shows - STONES, ZEP, BOWIE - and NEVER got caught, just that one time !!!.....

Date: May 2, 2008 20:48

Where are you, Helter...we should chat on the phone. You can email me privately, email not hidden, and I can ring you.

Thanks,

JR

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: May 2, 2008 21:43

JR, I used to have a good quality TMOQ copy with the pig labels, I believe. I spent what I considered a large amount of money to buy it at the time: $10. I believe I gave it away to a collector friend.

Date: May 3, 2008 19:18

This is not an original TMOQ release, it is a reissue. Notice on the bottom of the insert it says "Mushroom Underground Classic Series Volume 2". The red vinyl has the classic 'Dragon Fly' label favoured by IMP, later Wizardo's and reissue label Mushroom. My guestimate is it's worth about $50-100. If it was an original TMOQ, about $1000 if past eBay results are any indication. For some reason, prices on original TMOQ on multi-coloured wax are going thru the roof on eBay. Even prices on regular, coloured wax TMOQ release are going up. Jethro Tull's 'My God' going for over $100 sometimes! Geez, several years ago you couldn't give that record away.

Scotty

Hey Hey My My. Rock and Roll Will Never Die.

Date: May 4, 2008 02:22

stone-relics
Where are you, Helter...we should chat on the phone. You can email me privately, email not hidden, and I can ring you.

Thanks,

JR

Yeah, I was thinking of getting in touch with you eventually cause the Boots are doing me no good just sitting there (I do also wanna transfer the musical content over to CD-r's..... another project I don't have time for) I don't wanna get too personal on the board but I'm in the middle of putting a Photo Book together (Travel Photography) on the Mac G5 and am under the gun (to put it mildly) I have a Computer/Book making expert friend here from Europe helping me out and we're doing it at near super sonic speed since he's on limited time. The whole thing TOTALLY burns me out - many hours a day, 7 days a week. Anyway, I'll E-mail you soon with more details on the boots. I'm in L.A., land of sunshine and gang shootings - lol......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2008 06:02

Only have the Trade Mark Of Quality - Yellow/Bronze label set....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 4, 2008 15:11

Thanks, Rock....Rare to see this combination of vinyl, labels, etc.

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home