Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

alan dunn
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 1, 2008 21:58

Alan Dunn must now be the longest serving Stones associate..over 40 years I would imagine.
Does anyone know much about him? I gather Arnold -brother? also works for the band.
Has he ever done any interviews? I think he started off as Micks PA/Driver when the Ned Kelly film was being made in Australia.
Must be due his pension now!

Re: alan dunn
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 2, 2008 11:32

I know a third brother Tony.Great bloke who i haven't seen since the 40 Licks tour.He always got on the sound desk and used to get some great piccys of the b stage.

Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: May 2, 2008 12:13

Any relation to Larry Dunn?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 2, 2008 12:45

One can't help admiring people like the Dunn's and Jane Rose, her in particular, for their loyalty through decades. When everyone else just ran off (like in Toronto in '77), she stayed and gave her support. She's had a few really hard times working for Keith (and formerly for the entire band), but she's still there. Sometimes she even tells him: Now, cut the cra*! And he respects and loves her - and it's mutual. They're like siblings, I guess. The sister the only child Keith probably wanted, and she's perfect. Strict, strong and loyal. And she can take a battle.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 2, 2008 14:23

Addicted
One can't help admiring people like the Dunn's and Jane Rose, her in particular, for their loyalty through decades. When everyone else just ran off (like in Toronto in '77), she stayed and gave her support. She's had a few really hard times working for Keith (and formerly for the entire band), but she's still there. Sometimes she even tells him: Now, cut the cra*! And he respects and loves her - and it's mutual. They're like siblings, I guess. The sister the only child Keith probably wanted, and she's perfect. Strict, strong and loyal. And she can take a battle.

Yes - agreed. I think it tells you a lot about them as individuals (and the group members)that they have remained loyal for so long-I guess Ian Stewart was made of the same quality and grit.
I think Keith's book should be dedicated to Jane Rose (and Chuck Berry of course)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 2, 2008 14:38

crawdaddy
I know a third brother Tony.Great bloke who i haven't seen since the 40 Licks tour.He always got on the sound desk and used to get some great piccys of the b stage.

Tony's a 'diamond geezer' smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home