Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The End Of The Rolling Stones !
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 28, 2008 11:47

inopeng
I wouldn't use the word "great" to describe the O2 show on the 26th. The one on the 23rd, yes, but the 26th was somewhere between "fair" and "good"..from the Stones.

Definitely! They were a little bit out of focus, like if it were the last school's day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2008 15:17

stop all this hateing on my favorite band that not very nice .

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 28, 2008 15:23

Again this question? I can´t stand it anymore. The boys are great and they will do other tours and albuns.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:00

if mick, keith or charlie become ill or die, the stones should end at that point, what i dont want is for the stones to keep going for years but with replacement musicians, once one of the origonal 3 stop playing, thats it over for good.

i seen an advert in the paper for a queen concert the other week, whats that all about, queen died when freddy died, i would hate the rolling stones to continue without jagger, richards or watts.

also if the stones called a halt right now i would accept the decision although would be very dissapointed, but i would rather they quit at the top.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:07

Queen have a new album and tour in the pipeline.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:10

The end will be when one of them croaks it. Even if in the years to come, Stones tours/shows become less frequent, I'd be suprised if they were to ever anounce a retirement.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:18

Gazza
olorin
HOW DO YOU WANT THE ROLLING STONES TO END ???

with dignity

I wanted to say: with respect for eachother, but 'dignity' in fact says it all.

Jelle

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:54

They'll go on to the bitter end, like the bluesmen they are. The road is an addiction and we know what the cure is.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:57

I'm afraid that The one who´s gonna die during the SFTD solo is me, If I had to hear it again. I'm not a basher, I still like Keith, I simply don't like the sloppy version of that solo nowadays: like they used to say (for Just Wanna make love to you) "It used to be fast, now it sound like an old rusty trombone with two Chuck´s slippers stuck in it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 28, 2008 18:23

Floorbird
They'll go on to the bitter end, like the bluesmen they are. The road is an addiction and we know what the cure is.

The Stones in 2008 are a million miles removed from bluesmen in almost every sense of the word, but I agree they'll keep going until one of them keels over.

Whether I'd particularly want to see the Stones onstage when theyre 80 years old is another thing, though.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 28, 2008 19:11

Gazza
Floorbird

The Stones in 2008 are a million miles removed from bluesmen in almost every sense of the word, but I agree they'll keep going until one of them keels over.

Whether I'd particularly want to see the Stones onstage when theyre 80 years old is another thing, though.

Yeah, I think Keith should soon change the metaphor of following the example of blues men into Las Vegas million dollar night club performers who sing until they drop. Namely, musically - and many other ways - he is much closer to Frank Sinatra of Las Vegas than to Muddy Waters of Chicago.

- Doxa

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 28, 2008 19:23

Gazza
The Stones in 2008 are a million miles removed from bluesmen in almost every sense of the word

Amen to that!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 28, 2008 19:30

Now that's my turn to say what I WOULD LIKE them to do.

I would like them to continue touring again and again until they can't play anymore (too much arthrisis). But in fact that's NOT the point. The main point is that I don't want them to continue if Keith, Charlie or Mick die. They must NOT continue, even finish the tour, for making a little more money. That would make me very very angry !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 28, 2008 19:36

Yeah, I hope they woudln't pull a 'Who' on that!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: April 28, 2008 20:14

Maybe they stop when they drop ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-28 20:15 by Harlix.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home