Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 26, 2008 06:25

Does anyone know what the heck the Mac are up to these days? I'd like to see them as the last time was in the 80's!

Re: Fleetwood Mac
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: April 26, 2008 07:06

Lindsy Buckingham has said he wants to tour but Stevie Nicks says she has no interest in touring unless Christine Micvee will come back and it appears she does not want to.

Posted by: yapthe6th ()
Date: April 26, 2008 15:23

What a shame. I would love to see The Mac, I love Stevie Nicks. Christine needs to get over whatever is bugging her and hit the road.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 26, 2008 15:32

I agree with yap. I love Fleetwood Mac, and did not care much at all for the recent album (Say You Will) they did without her. Her absence was painfully obvious.

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: April 27, 2008 01:34

Well I love the last album, Say You Will. Great value for money. More than 70 min. of great pop music. But it would be nice if Mcvie got back.

Anyone who got Buckimgham new live cd/dvd?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 27, 2008 01:37

Well apparently Christine just doesn't like the road and is not into touring these days. Too bad I wouldn't mind seeing the Mac again myself.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 30, 2008 00:39

I've read somewhere that Buckingham has got another solo album ready for release, but no label for it yet.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 30, 2008 02:45

Tate
I agree with yap. I love Fleetwood Mac, and did not care much at all for the recent album (Say You Will) they did without her. Her absence was painfully obvious.

Her soaring cameo appearance on "Bleed To Love Her" was the highpoint of the album

I actually thought it was a good record. Saw them (for the first time) when they played my way on the tour that followed it. Even without Christine, they were magnificent.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: April 30, 2008 03:10

I'd love to see them. I had tickets to Lindsey Buckingham not too long ago but had to cancel because of a work commitment.

Gazza, is there anyone around that you want to see but haven't?

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 03:12

oh my god, its come to this has it............

Date: April 30, 2008 03:23

TrulyMicks
I'd love to see them. I had tickets to Lindsey Buckingham not too long ago but had to cancel because of a work commitment.

There's a few, I would think. Most of them tour every so often but theres not too many that I'd go as far as England or somewhere to see.

Ry Cooder
Amy Winehouse (had tickets for last December but she cancelled)
Leonard Cohen (although I'm seeing him in June)
John Fogerty
Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
Iggy Pop/The Stooges
Arcade Fire

Led Zeppelin, if they toured, I suppose, although I dont think they ever will.

Probably McCartney - solely because of the fact that he's an ex-Beatle more than for his solo work, though.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 30, 2008 03:57

TrulyMicks

Elmo sez:

ZZ Top
Neil Young
Plant

Dead:
Hendrix
Zep (Bonzo)
Elvis
Beatles
Buddy Holly

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: April 30, 2008 04:37

Gazza
TrulyMicks

There's a few, I would think. Most of them tour every so often but theres not too many that I'd go as far as England or somewhere to see.

Ry Cooder
Amy Winehouse (had tickets for last December but she cancelled)
Leonard Cohen (although I'm seeing him in June)
John Fogerty
Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes
Iggy Pop/The Stooges
Arcade Fire

Led Zeppelin, if they toured, I suppose, although I dont think they ever will.

Probably McCartney - solely because of the fact that he's an ex-Beatle more than for his solo work, though.

The first 4 I would be up for seeing, not too game about the others...I've never heard of Arcade Fire.

Date: April 30, 2008 04:41

Elmo Lewis
TrulyMicks

Elmo sez:

ZZ Top
Neil Young
Plant

Dead:
Hendrix
Zep (Bonzo)
Elvis
Beatles
Buddy Holly

It's hard for me to forgive myself for not seeing Neil Young..yet. He's always been one of my favorites, but for some reason or another I haven't been to his show. Hendrix is probably the one rocker that makes me feel like I'v missed out in not seeing.

Sorry about the hijacking of your thread, Tippy, didn't mean to.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 06:41

I miss Christine, too. I'm thankful that we do have the 1994 reunion CD, "The Dance", which is excellent.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 30, 2008 06:42

They haven't been the same since Peter Green left. Even Mick Fleetwood expressed that when I met him last year. Still, I suppose they did have some good moments after Green's departure...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 30, 2008 09:35

The Peter Green Fleetwood Mac were compltley different to what came after. Its amazing what a few changes in personel can do to the sound of a band. I really can't stand the group to be honest.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: April 30, 2008 20:06

The albums I find really worth a go are the early seventies ones between the two Mac Machs.

They reveal the 'progression' (americanisation?!) between the two outfits before Buckingham/Nicks arrived. You also get the development of Christine as singer-songwriter. You also still have a very guitar-heavy band. Interesting mix of Kirwan and the one or two American guys.

Penguins '73
Bare Trees '72
and two others one '74 and other '71 I think. The latter still has spencer on it? - names I've forgotten.

Strong songs on all and v. strong guitars - even without the lyrical, bluesy Green.

I'd like to get hold of some of Chicken Shack's stuff just to check out Christine Mac's vocals and keyboards. Not sure if their original vinyl albums (how many?) are available on CD. Perhaps Christine only did one album with the Shack anyway.

I have her '69/'70 solo album (vinyl) - with I'd Rather Go Blind on it. Not sure if that's on CD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-30 22:02 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 30, 2008 20:15

Christine's solo album is or was on CD as I have it.

I just read this morning that Lindsey does in fact have another solo album ready to release this year and lots of material but he's not sure how much of it is for Mac. He also wants to tour early next year

Posted by: C R K ()
Date: April 30, 2008 21:04

Well here's some news if you didn't hear about it lately...

[www.spinner.com]

Then came this...

[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 30, 2008 21:13

Thanks for the news. I don't think Crow would be suitable for FM. She doesn't have the voice.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 30, 2008 22:26

Never understand the fact that they continued the name Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left

Date: April 30, 2008 23:50

Because the heart of the band was/is the rhythm section!

You'd prefer Buckingham Mac? (not too bad)

Or Fleetwood Nicks? Hmmm

No, the 'Mac' had to stay because they were the band's majority since circa '71!

Fleetwood Double Mac. Fleetwood Two Macs. Fleetwood Dà Mhac, ('Vac'). (Scottish, as is Mac).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-30 23:55 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 1, 2008 00:20

I was tinking of "Fleedwoods Chicks"

Because of the Rhythm section ?????

So when Mick Jagger left the Stones in 1970 the rest of the Stones could continued The Rolling Stones because of Charlie and Bill

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: May 1, 2008 01:16

Oddly enough, I was never 'into' Fleetwod Mac until I went along with 'Eddy the Eagle' (remember him?) to see them in Birmingham during their 2003 european tour.

We were dead centre second row, and the Mac were absolutely brilliant! One of the best gigs I've ever seen.

That said, it's hard to not ask the question as to how good they would have been if Christine McVie had been present.

Even better!!!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 1, 2008 01:40

yapthe6th
What a shame. I would love to see The Mac, I love Stevie Nicks. Christine needs to get over whatever is bugging her and hit the road.

Maybe Christine knows more than you do, laddie...

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 1, 2008 01:58

Though I prefer the Peter Green era, I first became aware of Fleetwood Mac when I heard Christine McVie singing Say You Love Me on the radio in 1975. I fell in love with her then and there and I have since always preferred her voice to Stevie Nicks. Any of you every check out Chicken Shack by the way?

Date: May 1, 2008 02:02

NICOS
I was tinking of "Fleedwoods Chicks"

Because of the Rhythm section ?????

So when Mick Jagger left the Stones in 1970 the rest of the Stones could continued The Rolling Stones because of Charlie and Bill

That's right. Keith would have left in 1970 too ofcourse. It would have been a bit difficult for a few years, with a string of unsuccesful vocalists and guitarists.

But then, BINGO, in 1974 Buckingham and Nicks would have joined The Wyman Watts.

Meanwhile Keith and Mick would have joined Mac and that band would have changed its name to the Rolling Stones. (Christine stayed faithful to hubby John - and occasionally to Fleetwood too).

Date: May 1, 2008 02:31

NICOS
Never understand the fact that they continued the name Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green left

The fact that 3 of the remaining band members were called either Fleetwood or McVie may have been a factor, I would have thought....

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: May 1, 2008 04:42

Gazza
NICOS

The fact that 3 of the remaining band members were called either Fleetwood or McVie may have been a factor, I would have thought....

Hahaha, er yeah that might be it. smiling smiley

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1087
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home