Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shine a light DVD
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: April 23, 2008 21:08

Does anyone know when the Shine a light DVD will be out.

Re: Shine a light DVD
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:12

Nuh....but ya just know it's gonna be a goodun

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROLLING STONED ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:19

I bet there will be plenty of multi angle viewing options!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:54

I just want a boat load of rehearsals and backstage stuff. I want all of the footage from the dressing rooms and them playing at the snooker table...them just sitting around talking....more of the meet and greets. I don't want a documentary of the making...just give me Disc 1 the film feature and Disc 2 the backstage stuff. And I'm happy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 01:54 by Justin.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:21

I'd like a version with the feature that eliminates (!) the staged bimbettes in front of the stage.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:37

Justin
I just want a boat load of rehearsals and backstage stuff. I want all of the footage from the dressing rooms and them playing at the snooker table...them just sitting around talking....more of the meet and greets. I don't want a documentary of the making...just give me Disc 1 the film feature and Disc 2 the backstage stuff. And I'm happy.

...and at a reasonable price.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:48

I'd rather they took the time to get the package right than rush it out.
It has the potential to be something special...and I hope the opportunity isn't wasted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-24 10:49 by Spud.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:53

i'm sure it'll make a great stocking-filler at Xmas.

Posted by: stones1984 ()
Date: April 24, 2008 12:39

bet it will come out just before xmas, hopefully there will be more of the backstage stuff as its great to just see everyone hanging out and chatting before the show,

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2008 13:03

I think there should be one disk which is entirely Charlie, camera following him on stage and off (Select a Stone but an expaned version).

p

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 24, 2008 13:07

Hopefully we'll have the full show on one disc. With subtitles and audio commentary from both Scorsese and the Stones. The second disc should include a making of documentary, rehearsals, out-takes, interviews with band and fans, and a big surprise (maybe an unknown song).

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2008 13:07

And another disk which is entirely THE PLEXIGLASS,with a camera following Him on stage and off. (I mean The Divine Plastic, not me).

p

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: April 24, 2008 13:09

Yeah Tim, that would be REALLY nice... Imagine youself entering your local musicstore to buy your SAL-dvd and the guy behind the counter asks you: which Stone would you like to feature on the special Follow your Favourite-disc? Showing you four discs to choose from, one of each that is of course...

Or, imagine the ultimate boot: all footage of Charlie: 7 hours My Drummerboy Only... Would be great huh? Time to get some coffee, I'm dreaming away here... ;-)

Jelle

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 24, 2008 14:58

stones1984
bet it will come out just before xmas, hopefully there will be more of the backstage stuff as its great to just see everyone hanging out and chatting before the show,

My money's on a summer release. It's cinema run will be finished any time, so hardly much point waiting 7 months for a DVD release.

That Dylan "I'm Not There" film is out on DVD next month and it was shown in the cinemas in February or so.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 24, 2008 15:10

I think the Blu-Ray version will be the excuse I am waiting for before buying a PS3.
My bet is a release in October.

Of course, counterfeit DVDs from China will be available very soon, I guess

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 24, 2008 17:25

a few iorrians mentioned being "polled" after they saw the film about what they'd want on a dvd -
i'd love to hear more about what was asked and what they replied ... okay so maybe specifically
i'm hoping to hear that the fan interviews Maysles shot outside the Beacon are some kind of
"special project" of Maysles's, not part of what they're planning as SAL "bonus" stuff.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 24, 2008 18:02

Release Date July 8th according to Hillary Clinton. She's a Senator and she's running for President. You have to take her word for it.

Disc Two is a documentary shot by Jane Roses's dog with the doggie cam. Dog interviews the band dressed up to look like Larry King. I heard it's a bit better than Larry King's Eric Clapton interview.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 25, 2008 00:35

was it too extreme?

Posted by: z ()
Date: May 2, 2008 15:46

You can pre-order it now on Amazon.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 2, 2008 16:08

Thats quite a cheap price for recent stones produced dvds.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 2, 2008 17:14

odean73
Thats quite a cheap price for recent stones produced dvds.

It is?? Their other recent dvd releases were "boxed sets" containing
multiple shows & documentaries etc...(a bargain for $30-$40)

According to the Amazon description, this is a single disk for $31.
It will probably contain a few extras...but I'd be surprised if
the actual dvd is more than $20.......guessing it will be $17.99
for the first week at Best Buy. No reason it wouldn't be priced like
all other single disc dvd movie releases (most under $20).

Over $30?? Maybe...for BlueRay.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-02 17:19 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Max Volume!!! ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:09

This is posted at Stonesdoug's Shidoobee board:

Shine A Light European release date for Blu-Ray and regular DVD ; 09-23-2008

My guess is, if true, a North American release date would be at about the same time.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: May 10, 2008 00:27

This digital video tech-geek blog touches on the SAL DVD in an interview with David Tedeschi. Also talks about how they mixed the sound for the movie which some posters here were interested in.

SAL DVD mention

...The edited film is about two hours long, based largely on the running length of the songs in the concert. Tedeschi explained, “Getting to the two hour length was an intuitive process. We had planned to lose one song, since the entire performance would otherwise be too long. That was easy, but then it turned out that we actually had to lose two songs, which was a tough decision. At least people will get to see them in the DVD extras.”

I'm tired, I'm tired of doing what I'm told.
Things are moving way too slow.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 10, 2008 01:35

Snooping around the net, I thought I saw a date in August of this year, August 8, I thought it was. Maybe Amazon had it up and took it down. Ah, well, it could be wishful thinking.

with sssoul, having been filmed for both, if it's filmed fan interviews you want, I recommend Philippe's film shown in Paris recently. Philippe's questions were better, heh. I'm waiting for the DVD of that to come out, along with the extended version in the works, long-term...OTOH, that would be fantastic indeed if the footage from the Beacon fan interviews is on the SAL DVDs.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 10, 2008 01:56

Hmmm... did anyone ever find out about the "unique way to experience Shine A Light, the band’s concert film directed by Martin Scorsese" This was advertised with RS.com membership for months but never fully explained on their site. Now that the movie has left most theatres in north american, am wondering about this unique experience. Was it good for you?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:05

>>with sssoul, having been filmed for both, if it's filmed fan interviews you want <<

er ... actually it's the other way around - i'm hoping the fan interviews are a special side project
instead of being among the "extras" on the dvd. i can understand their appeal to the people in them, of course, but ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-10 12:08 by with sssoul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 10, 2008 21:18

Ah, I see, thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home