Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Not entirely OT: What is your favorite brew?
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 7, 2008 06:40

Well love Czech Budweiser (NOT US VERSION) and Czech Piltsin Pilsner is mighty fine.
For US brew mass produced...Seirra Nevada is nice. Can't get in the midwest though.

Any German Boch Beer is fantastic, served at room temp in the winter...preferable with a nice fire and snow falling.

Canadian Brador beer is sweet and strong. Nice one to get in Windser.

Indian Pale ale is nice, from a local micro brewery in Singapore, Breworks. Good stuff.

Re: Not entirely OT: What is your favorite brew?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 7, 2008 07:33

I think Czechvar is excellent. The Czech Republic and Austria have lots of great beers.

OT: What is your favorite brew?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 21, 2009 16:42

Kid Rock beer sounds, um, er ... tasty?
Posted by Andrew Heller | The Flint Journal February 21, 2009 09:03AM
Categories: Andy's Journal columns

Mmmm, Kid Rock.
The news said a Michigan brewing company is coming out with a beer named after Kid Rock.

Is that a good idea? And by that I mean, is that appetizing?

No matter how I say it, it doesn't sound right.

"Hey, barkeep, gimme a tall, sweaty glass of Kid Rock."

"Mmm, Kid Rock tastes great, and it's less filling!"

"Hey, guys, how about after the game we go toss back a few Kid Rocks?"

Maybe it's just me, but my gut reaction to hoisting a frothy mug of Kid Rock is - to use an expression favored by my 12-year-old daughter when I take off my shirt in the summer - eyeww, gross!

Please don't misunderstand. It's not him, per se. I, in fact, like, uh, Mr. Rock.

I think "Bawitdaba" is one of the coolest rock songs ever written, even though I have no idea what a bawitdaba is. (If it's dirty, I apologize. Forgive me. I'm middle-aged.)

I love his new, mellower single "All Summer Long," which is about good times and bad behavior (often one and the same) in northern Michigan. In fact, I like the song so much, I think I'm going to buy the whole album it's on. (Note to any iPod generation readers who might be reading this on their cell phones: "Album" is a term that your parents used back in the Cenozoic Era to denote a large, flat disc that contained numerous songs by the same artist.)

I also like the fact that Michigan Brewing Co. in Webberville expects to sell 100,000 cases of Kid Rock beer a year, thereby creating (by the hopeful and improbably precise math of state government, anyway) as many as 394 jobs.

I even like the fact that Kid Rock, who grew up in Romeo, still seems to live here in Michigan, at least some of the time. How many other entertainers do that after they make it big? Other than Kid Rock, I can think of only three -- Bob Seger, Aretha Franklin and Jeff Daniels.

So he's a good thing for Michigan, OK?

But a beer? I don't know about you, but when I see a food or beverage with a celebrity's name on it, I can't help but associate the product with the characteristics of the person.

For instance, let's say baseball star Alex Rodriguez, who is in the news a lot lately, came out with a chocolate bar. Wouldn't you think "steroids," even though you know it contains nothing but chocolate, nuts and nougat? Who's going to want to eat that, other than, say, the entire baseball team at your local high school?

Or Kid Rock's former girlfriend Pamela Anderson. If she came out with a beer, wouldn't you expect it to be full-bodied? (Ahahahahahaha!)

You see what I mean. It's a mental image thing, I guess.

Kid Rock has many fine qualities. But I've seen him perform. He wears wife-beater undershirts and seems to sweat a lot, and his long hair (while cool!) gets all stringy and greasy-looking and ...

Well, that mental image doesn't make me think beer. It makes me think towel. Possibly shampoo.

There you go: Kid Rock shampoo and conditioner.

Get you some.

[blog.mlive.com]

Re: OT: What is your favorite brew?
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 21, 2009 17:29

Right now, Harpoon IPA or Rogue Bitter.

JR

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: February 21, 2009 17:41

I'm a fan of India pale ales. Dogfish Head 60 Minute and Sierra Nevada are recent faves. Then again, I'll always have a soft spot for a proper Guinness.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:24

2 1 2 0

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:39

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: February 21, 2009 18:51

Stella Artois and Guiness are my regular favs MEZ

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: February 21, 2009 19:32

Edith Grove
Mmmm, Kid Rock.
The news said a Michigan brewing company is coming out with a beer named after Kid Rock.

Is that a good idea? And by that I mean, is that appetizing?

Linco Beer - Very popular shampoo a few years back

Kid Rock has many fine qualities. But I've seen him perform. He wears wife-beater undershirts and seems to sweat a lot, and his long hair (while cool!) gets all stringy and greasy-looking and ...

Well, that mental image doesn't make me think beer. It makes me think towel. Possibly shampoo.

There you go: Kid Rock shampoo and conditioner.

Get you some.

[blog.mlive.com]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 21, 2009 20:11

Milwaukee's Best Light

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 21, 2009 20:28

Too many to mention. But I will say that Westvletern Trappist from Belgium is a very special beer, quite an experience actually!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 18, 2010 22:12

MillerCoors tests a new beer
The company says its newest beer, Batch 19, comes from a pre-Prohibition recipe.
Posted by Kim Peterson on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 2:46 PM

Batch 19 is a new beer being test-marketed by MillerCoors, and it has an interesting gimmick: It's based on a recipe that dates back to before Prohibition.

MillerCoors, 42% owned by Molson Coors (TAP), will roll out the beer next month in four cities: Chicago, Milwaukee, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., according to The Wall Street Journal.

Batch 19 is being marketed as a "true, authentic, original beer," and it has a great backstory: A master brewer at MillerCoors unearthed the recipe in Coors' archives, and discovered that it was used to make beers before 1919. Hence, the name Batch 19.

MillerCoors jumped on the recipe, and for good reason: The beer industry is flat. Beer shipments in the U.S. fell 2% last year, according to the Journal. Miller Lite fared exceptionally poorly, with shipments down 6.5%, while Coors Light saw an 0.8% bump.

MillerCoors is the second-largest beer company in the U.S., after Budweiser maker Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD).

There may be another motivation for MillerCoors here: The newfound popularity of craft beers. While beer sales dropped by 5 million barrels last year, craft beer sales rose by 7.2% over the year before, according to CNNMoney.com.

Even during a time of recession and economic uncertainty, people were still willing to pay a little more for beers they thought were of higher quality.

The trend toward craft beer has helped Boston Beer (SAM), the maker of the Sam Adams line of brews. The company has slowly been improving its revenue and profits over the last year, buffing up margins and increasing core shipments.

MillerCoors is trying all kinds of stunts to improve its sales, including using a new bottle with grooves inside the neck that supposedly make for a better aroma and flavor, according to the Journal.

Could Batch 19 help save the brewer?

[articles.moneycentral.msn.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 18, 2010 22:46

Drinking lots of Munster, Ind. Three Floyds Pride and Joy and Alpha King on draft these days. Great beers, fun brewpub. Proud to say one of my daughters works there. Otherwise, Bells ales from Kalamazoo are going down well too. You can't lose with these two breweries here in the Midwest.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2010 22:59

I drink George Killian's Irish Brown Ale, Englishman's Nut Brown Ale and Amsdel Light! I actually prefer champagne to beer but with St. Patty's Day week upon us, I switched to my favorite ales.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:05

My favorite brew is Maine Root - Ginger Brew!

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:20

1.Stella Artois
2.Chimay
3.San Miguel (Philippines sugarcane version)
4.Leffe Blonde
5.Deuchars
6.Lowenbrau (great beer and cheap)
7.VB
8.Konig Pilsener (on tap)
9.Heineken (on tap only in Holland, why is it good there and shit everywhere else?)
10.Kolsch (especially after 10 smiling smiley

I could go on up to 50 but special mention to Castlemaine xxxx like Guiness only good in the country or origin!!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:20

My fave brew is a glass of water (when I am thirsty ,I drink water tongue sticking out smiley )

What else ?
Menthe à l'eau .
Coca.
Corona avec une tranche de citron .

:

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:34

Corona without citron.............taste like owl piss

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:47

I'm doing my part to help the beer industry.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 18, 2010 23:50

NICOS
Corona without citron.............taste like owl piss

Do you mean Corona without " lemon"?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 19, 2010 00:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 00:59 by dimrstone.

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: March 19, 2010 04:59

Always Westmalle Tripel.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: March 19, 2010 06:04

Yuengling - America's oldest brewery

[www.yuengling.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 06:05 by Rialb.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 19, 2010 09:47

XXXX Gold, havin one now- bloody good Queensland beer.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:18

Carrefour's lager

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:39

Bitches Brew drinking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home