Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

drinks and smoke
Posted by: kinoliksmith ()
Date: April 15, 2008 11:35

Does Keith still drinks/smokes at a regular basis?Does he still consumes drugs?

Re: drinks and smoke
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 15, 2008 12:17

Is there still a moon revolving around Earth?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 15, 2008 13:34

love is a drug.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: April 15, 2008 13:35

Adrian-L
love is a drug.

hey hey hey that's what i say smoking smileysmileys with beersmoking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 15, 2008 13:53

Fags and booze, yes. Drugs? I wouldn't have thought so, but who knows?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 15, 2008 14:00

smokes de weed mon

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 15, 2008 14:34

The pertinent question would be to establish how much Keith drinks these days. He is still more than ready to open up in interviews about his "former" drug exploits (almost to the point of tedium), but on the subject of alcohol -or more to the point alcoholism - the subject hardly gets covered. Interviewers will refer to his slurred speech,unusual gait etc. soo I guess we have to read between the lines. The assumption is that even Keith is less than frank about some subjects, despite the myth that he will talk readily about anything. Unlike Mick who has adopted the politicians trick of only fully answering those questions he wants to. "Can't remember" wears a bit thin. Of course virtually all interviews are PR exercises and to that extent nothing has changed. I wonder what Keith would say if he was asked: how much do you drink a week / ever tried rehab / what's the sate of your liver and heart / how would you respond if one of your children developed a drink problem etc. I suppose we shouldn't expect anything too frank in his "autobigraphy" either - if its co-written by his good friend James Fox its not likely to be too objective.

Posted by: z ()
Date: April 15, 2008 14:42

Can an autobiography be objective?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 15, 2008 14:53

No, but generally it ought to be possible to aim at that.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 15, 2008 16:51

jlowe
The pertinent question would be to establish how much Keith drinks these days. He is still more than ready to open up in interviews about his "former" drug exploits (almost to the point of tedium), but on the subject of alcohol -or more to the point alcoholism - the subject hardly gets covered. Interviewers will refer to his slurred speech,unusual gait etc. soo I guess we have to read between the lines. The assumption is that even Keith is less than frank about some subjects, despite the myth that he will talk readily about anything. Unlike Mick who has adopted the politicians trick of only fully answering those questions he wants to. "Can't remember" wears a bit thin. Of course virtually all interviews are PR exercises and to that extent nothing has changed. I wonder what Keith would say if he was asked: how much do you drink a week / ever tried rehab / what's the sate of your liver and heart / how would you respond if one of your children developed a drink problem etc. I suppose we shouldn't expect anything too frank in his "autobigraphy" either - if its co-written by his good friend James Fox its not likely to be too objective.

I don't think there needs to be much reading between the lines, frankly, given the fairly obvious physical evidence and, to be fair, his answers to some more persistant questioning. I think it was Kris Needs to whom he said he had never been entirely 'straight' (by which he means sober) since giving up heroin. More concerningly, what has interpreted by some on this board as a slight paunch, looks more like the signs of an enlarged liver to me, given his otherwise spare frame and it's positioning. That said, he seems to remain a highly functioning and warmly loveable alcoholic - just don't try it at home kids!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 15, 2008 18:08

Big Al
Fags and booze, yes. Drugs? I wouldn't have thought so, but who knows?

And the occasional line of Dad.

Sorry. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 15, 2008 20:29

Champagne when he's thirsty, reefer when he wants to get high?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 15, 2008 20:44

forligan
I think you're all overgrown groupies that need to get a life

And your excuse for being here is .....?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home