Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rock dreams
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 14, 2008 15:53

A BOOK TO INCLUDE IN ANY STONES BIBLIOGRAPHY MUST SURELY BE "ROCK DREAMS". ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED IN THE EARLY 70's AND REPUBLISHED AS RECENTLY AS 2003 IT HAS ILLUSTRATIONS BY GUY PEELAERT AND SOME WONDERFUL TEXT FROM NICK COHN. THE STONES SECTION RUNS LIKE A MARIE CELESTE DRAMA ; WITH EACH SUCEEDING ILLUSTRATION SHOWING ONE CHARACTER LESS, SO OUT GO ALO,WYMAN,PALLENBERG, BRIAN JONES, CHARLIE AND THEN KEITH LEAVING MICK "ALL ALONE, IN HIS ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS, NEVER LOOKING ANY OLDER" -THIS LATTER BIT POSSIBLY THE ONLY THING THEY GOT WRONG. EVEN THE FINAL PIC OF KEITH AND MICK TOGETHER HAVE THEM BOTH IN PIRATES MODE AND GEAR - AND THIS WAS 30 ODD YEARS BEFORE THE JOHNNY DEP/PIRATES 3 FILM!. A DELIGHTFUL READ.

Re: rock dreams
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 14, 2008 16:54

I remember reading a quote by someone depicted in the book (I forget who) saying something like "It could have been great, but he (Peelaert) spent all his time masturbating all over the Stones"

Posted by: JK ()
Date: April 14, 2008 17:00

Peelaert has done the cover of the It´s Only Rock´n´Roll album

Date: April 14, 2008 17:10

My favourtie painting in rock dreams is the one of Brian Wilson, playing an upright piano in a tiny room, with the sea and the sand visible outside his window. It captures him so perfectly. Dreaming of girls on the beach, but staying in his room.

Date: April 14, 2008 17:12

And how about Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young trying to lure some girl into a car? What's up with that?

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: April 24, 2008 16:48

His Diamond Dogs album cover for Bowie must truly be the best album cover of all time.

"I guess that's the picture you send to the draft board"

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: April 24, 2008 17:08

Huge gallery here :

[www.guypeellaert.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home