Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Your Stones Adjectives?
Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: April 10, 2008 04:32

So I thought since I haven't contributed a new thread in a while, it might be fun to relate with one another the adjectives and descriptions that we use to describe the Stones' sound to our friends.

What do the Stones sound like to YOU? What adjectives do you use to describe their playing? What phrases jump to mind.

I'll go first...

Regarding Keith's sound: The only way I can think of describing the sound that he's able to get out of his guitar is I say: "If superhot plasma had a sound, it would sound like Keith Richards. It eats anything and everything."

On Tumbling Dice, Brussels: "It's the song that you hear when you leave your body and go up to heaven."

How are you guys able to relate your listening experiences to others who aren't as familiar with the band as we are?

What does the Stones' sound mean to you? Why do you identify with their sound more than other bands?

I've always found this to be an interesting question - so let 'em fly!

Re: Your Stones Adjectives?
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:10

Hmmmm,a good question. Hearing the band firing on all cylinders envokes a certain joie de vivre.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:32

have you guys got too much time on your hands or what?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 10, 2008 07:11

Its been a long time since Ive talked at lenght about the stones to freinds..
Ive said things like "they still play like theyre eigteen" "they give it 110 per cent"
"they're music is timeless."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-10 07:21 by ryanpow.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 10, 2008 07:14

Someone here or on Shidoobee once said that Keith's playing is like "Black honey dripping from his fingers". I thought that was a very good description.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 10, 2008 07:19

Keiths vocals on Happy from brussels make me think of the feeling you get when You've had a cold and cough and you smoke a ciggarrete.
but the thing is I like that versoin of Happy, and that somehow doesn't sound like a compliment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home