Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Black Keys
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 10, 2008 02:38

Fans of good gritty rock/blues should definitely check out the new Black Keys release Attack and Release....
They have tinkered with their sound and added keyboard and very trippy backing vocals on most songs...it is a stunning disc with a lot of psychedelic tainted blues, with hints of folk/country rock. It is a great recent release from the duo from Akrin Ohio...higly recommended.

Re: OT: The Black Keys
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 10, 2008 02:40

I agree, really great album!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 10, 2008 03:11

I love the Black Keys, mate. "Attack and Release" is my favorite record so far this year, abd their other albums have all been wonderful too.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: April 10, 2008 03:17

I'm seeing them for the 4th time this sunday!

Date: April 10, 2008 03:22

Jealous! Wish I could see them, but I doubt they will coming to Singapore:-(

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 10, 2008 04:09

I saw them here in Nashville last summer. Great show! They sounded better than I thought they would live. wonder how they'll pull off the new album live, what with its more dense production and their sparse instrumentation live...

Date: April 10, 2008 04:27

When they played I Got Mine at Lollapalooza last year before they had even released the song, it was nasty, gritty, and stuck to your ass like white on rice. I think that the new album showed us a side of the band that we've never seen because they were in the hands of a new producer. So, I think what we'll see (what I'm hoping to see on Sunday) a band that defies the laws of Rock - taking their punky/blues sound from the album, and giving it the old 1-2 southern-fried blues/rock feel. Dan is so inventive in his playing. He's great like Keith in that we see one side of him when he makes cuts for albums, but when he plays live it's an entirely different thing. Nasty, baby!

Date: April 10, 2008 04:36

Whew, this is awesome.

Last weekend: Shine a Light
This Weekend: The Black Keys

Both with "a little help from my friends"

Date: April 10, 2008 04:41

Yeah I agree, and I just got the new Raconteurs disc. That is good as well. Actually downloaded it from Amazon, which is way better than iTunes, no restrictions on music sharing!!!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 11, 2009 20:53

they're not great - I hate "lo-fi" and "indie" bands that are popular nowadays - but interesting. monotonous, every song sound very similar to the next one, but they're worth attention. I've got Attack & Release and think of buying prev albums.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 11, 2009 21:07

Dan Auerbach has a good solo disc but the name????

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 11, 2009 21:08

UUUUHHHHH!!!

Love this band!!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: June 11, 2009 22:40

Smokin' band. Saw them in NYC in Feb. with Heartless Bastards, whose latest "The Mountain" is superb.

Can't really say enough about the show, which was a whopping $35 per/head. One of those things that makes me feel a little silly about the prices I paid for Mick'n'Keef last time 'round.

"thickfreakness" is still my favorite of the Keys' records and I would say that the songs are remarkably distinctive-especially given the simplicity of the arrangements.

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 23:40

Keep It Hid is a great recording too

Date: June 12, 2009 13:15

thanks for the tip. I will check it out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1160
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home