Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Tour
Posted by: kinoliksmith ()
Date: April 8, 2008 11:48

Will THE ROLLING STONES tour in 2008?And I was thinking and maybe you can help me that why Keith Richards has detoriated considerably while Pete Townsend or Eric Clapton hasn't detoriated?

Re: Tour
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 8, 2008 11:56

No tour. He is a couple of year older than them,
he has been addicted to Heroin for some 11-12 years
plus been a heavy user of other drugs for many years
and probably an alcoholist for some forty years.
But even worse is he suffers from a relatively sever Arthritis
in his fingers. I wouldnt say his playing has worsened too much,
considered all this. And it has to be considered.

I'm glad the cat's got nine lives.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 8, 2008 11:58

Might have something to do with, might not but Clapton and Townsend have been clean and sober for years having acknowledged their addictions.
Pete of course took to surfing the net! winking smiley

But people age,get ill, have accidents etc with no rhyme or reason so maybe there's also an element of luck. Clapton or Townsend could get hit with a bus anytime.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 8, 2008 12:10

kinoliksmith
Will THE ROLLING STONES tour in 2008?And I was thinking and maybe you can help me that why Keith Richards has detoriated considerably while Pete Townsend or Eric Clapton hasn't detoriated?

Pete and Eric didn't fall out of tree

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 8, 2008 14:07

Well folks, after having seen 8 ABB shows i can say that Keith i attended wasn't the "dead quitarist" many of you discribe here... Just my opinion.

Date: April 8, 2008 15:18

so you will say that Keith is gone

Date: April 8, 2008 15:30

gone??

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 8, 2008 15:35

kinoliksmith

hello Sunny.

Date: April 8, 2008 15:36

I thought I recognized the tunin'.. Thanks, Honourable Ulsterman!

Date: April 8, 2008 15:44

I have seen lot of reports of Keith post accident.If his injury is so serious then why aren't they calling quit? Of cause I don't want it.But still you would like to see Keith with strong riffs and solos.Not a Keith who is struglling

Date: April 8, 2008 15:48

He is in a good shape, considerin' his age, past & Arthritis.
What we generally dislike here, is when he gets to drunk to play.
Thats happens rarely; but I understand the payers of 110-115 Euro
for a gig, if they object, like it was in Helsinki.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: April 8, 2008 15:51

Hope the Stones have a well earned rest and have a serious think about touring again. The expense of following the Stones has become obsene for some of us and where it used to be a massive event if they announced a tour I feel as if we have seen to much of them in recent years. Don't get me wrong I would go and see the Stones again but want to see a band that is fresh with a great album to back a tour up.

John Nicholls

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:06

I think they will just play in small venues from now one. it`s the best option for them.

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:12

I think they have gained a lot of ground internationally with the SAL movie and CD which are both excellent. I really enjoyed the last tour and managed to see them 3 times at Sheffield, Barcelona and the final gig at the O2 in London.

I also rate ABB as a CD and agree with John Nicholls in that I would also see them again but I would hope for something different instead of Stadium show, large stage ,B-stage, etc etc.

My main concern is that between now and then I hope and pray that they all keep their health and do not deteriorate in the meantime.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:13

Get the god damn Superbowl stage into action!

now THAT would be a tour. arena tour. every seat a good 'un

course it would never happen, but I can dream can't I?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:31

"I think they will just play in small venues from now one. it`s the best option for them"

I don't think so. They are the best stadium show still. And they can continue stadium shows, why not?! Mick Jagger can do that!

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 16:36

Gazza
kinoliksmith

hello Sunny.

Yes, the boy/girl/both? from India is definitely back.
If Sunny takes a look at Shine A Light, he/she/it'll see that he's not gone! He's good! He's full of joy for music, he's in a fabulous mood, he's witty and he's on fire.

Date: April 8, 2008 16:47

That was in 2006

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 8, 2008 19:02

stillife
I think they will just play in small venues from now one. it`s the best option for them.

No...its the best option for you..and me.

Different thing entirely.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 8, 2008 19:42

kinoliksmith
why Keith Richards has detoriated considerably while Pete Townsend or Eric Clapton hasn't detoriated?

Well quite simply it is because everyone is different. We are all individuals with a different biological, mental and physical makeups. Just because Pete and Eric play well doesn't mean Keith should. You can't even compare Eric to Keith's style. Eric is all about solos...Keith is not.

You cannot simplify how bad Keith is playing just because there are OTHER guitarists who can still play. You can't write it off that easily.

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: April 8, 2008 19:46

You`re right Gazza but I think that even for the stones its better in a performance perspective. Of course they will think in the money but I dont think that they conditions to do a major world tour in big stadium. They wouldnt sell them.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 20:12

You rate ABB as a CD.

What is the point of that? I don't get it.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: April 8, 2008 20:18

kinoliksmith
Will THE ROLLING STONES tour in 2008?

I was told by Blondie Chaplin on March 17th that there are no plans for the Stones to tour in 2008, but that 2009 is possible.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 20:21

That Superbowl stage was very cool.

In fact, it was f*cking BRILLIANT! That would be cool to see on tour!

They should just do a new album and make the entire thing the tongue and call it Tongue and do a whole tongue tour and just roll with that.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 8, 2008 20:48

Townsand is deaf BTW...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2008 21:51

tat2you
Townsand is deaf BTW...

But so was Beethoven, too,,, Perhaps you don't need ears to play or compose.. eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: April 8, 2008 23:22

u2 is great on arenas , the stones are the greatest on stadiums , and so , i think keith is not bad now , hes good as always , just watch SAL!
why would the stones play smaller venues , they have a whole fkin lot of attendance all over the world , theyre the most famous and theyre the greatest rock band ever.
the idea of the superbowl stage is excellent in all aspects : every seat is good on a stadium , it looks very cool on the center , good mobility for the band and sound could be installed all over places like shea stadium , gillette , ford field , cellular field , rogers centre , etc..
but anyway , why dreaming about these ideas , they wont ask us what do we want them to do anyway , theyve never asked iorr for a tour idea!

Date: April 8, 2008 23:25

Maybe never ask, but for sure they scan & check out what is said.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 8, 2008 23:53

kinoliksmith wrote:
"so you will say that Keith is gone"

Who says that? Me? Of course not. I say that Keith wasn't bad during the ABB gigs i attended. He wasn't in excellent shape of course, but for sure not bad too. And for sure the gigs were great.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: April 8, 2008 23:58

Keith was in great form in Lyon 07. He leads the show from the beginning to the end. Huge on Midnight Rambler. Even good solo on SFTD.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home