Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

my opinion of shine a light cd
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:24

heard most of the songs last night on youtube.

cant see what people are sniping at as the standard is as good if not better than when they were in thier suppossed prime.

remember the cd is over 2 concerts only.

obviously there will be better renditions of each song somewhere to be found in the stones history but you could say the same for almost every stones concert.

ive seen pictures of the stones in the 70,s in concert and they were extremely sloppy on many occasions, so the new cd sort of riducules many peoples opinions that the stones have lost thier ability to play live, no they havent.

hopefully we will see even more live cd,s with more emphasis on previously unreleased live songs and another studio album would be appreciated aswell.

is there anybody out there who can compete with them, dont think so.

Re: my opinion of shine a light cd
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:38

Just listened to it all the way thr, and I think its up there with all the other official live albums by the stone (cept Ya Yas) , a decent sovenier of a tour , no more no less. looking forward to the movie still, that is the real product.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:42

im of the same opinion, its up there with the best and the setlist makes it even more apealing.

but there is still plenty stones songs that have never been released live, it would be great if they could dig through the archives and release more live stuff from every era.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 6, 2008 16:49

Its a very good cd

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-06 16:50 by boston2006.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 6, 2008 21:10

Jagger's vocals are terrible on most of the songs. I think if his voice deteriorates any more it'll be time to throw in the towel. His vocals are souless and insensitive for the most part, not to mention an apparent large reduction in range and richness. The songs with the most soul all belong to Keith.I think he's certainly beginning to live up to his reputation as the heart of the Stones.

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: April 6, 2008 22:48

it would be a fantastic CD, if Keith stop singing.
Connection & Little T & A are awful.

Date: April 6, 2008 22:59

I disagree, Rusty. Jagger's vocals generally are dire. As Tears Go By is awful compared to how he sang it in the sixties, and Faraway Eyes is terribly mannered and insensitive, and truly cringeworthy.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:18

The sound is terrible.. it's chaotic, lacks dynamics, warmth and bass...
The perfomance is great though!

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:24

Edward,
nobody can sing like a 20 years young man when he's over 60 (see As Tears..)
but he's doing the best he can

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:26

Strange how our opinions on SHine A Light differ. Me thinks Connection was the highlight of SAL, together with Champagne & Reefer
You Got The Silver is also excellent.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 6, 2008 23:38

I agree with you to Erik Connection is one of the best on SALight

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: April 7, 2008 00:07

I like Connection, too! In fact I like pretty much everything on the album! Imho it's their best release since Stripped and if it wasn't for Stripped you'd have to go far (!) back to find a better live album in their back catalogue.

One thing I'd like to mention is that I usually don't care much about the zillionth version of Satisfaction, but on SAL it really blew me out of my chair! Great track!

Date: April 7, 2008 00:31

Yes, i agree, Connection is the highlight for me, too. I prefer Keith vocals to Mick's these days, because he sings with more feeling (and more of an edge).

Posted by: micklay66 ()
Date: April 7, 2008 00:42

Movie Superb
CD Superb
There's nothing wrong with Mick's vocals.
Why does everybody spend their entire life moaning about the band?
If they took all of the suggestions and acted upon them you lot would still finfd fault in something.
Just enjoy the band.

Posted by: zee ()
Date: April 7, 2008 01:05

nuff said...either that change the name of the site from "Tell Me" to "Bitch"...my ears are ringing and images still popping from last night...a little champagne and reefer and do it again...loved the show...warts and all

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 7, 2008 01:50

zee
nuff said...either that change the name of the site from "Tell Me" to "Bitch"...my ears are ringing and images still popping from last night...a little champagne and reefer and do it again...loved the show...warts and all

I've been feeling the same way about this site lately . There seems to be a lot of bashing for supposed "fans" . While I concede we all have a right to our opinions it seems as if some posters just seem to try to get attention . Perhaps many of them are "The Middle Child "

Date: April 7, 2008 03:03

It's an excellent CD. Best live one since Flashpoint. The IMAX movie was unbelievably good. It made me realize that these guys play - not for the $ - but because they love doing it. Best concert they may have done in decades.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 7, 2008 03:32

Great disc! God, exactly if you don't like it fine, but man it seems like a lot of "fans" here are just stuck in the past and constantly bitch about every little thing the Stones do or don't do. We are lucky they are still with us and and till wanting to put stuff out. They could have folded a long time ago....
SAL is fantastic! A great current portrait of a band that has been giving to the fans for 40 pluss years! GREAT Stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home