Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T blown away by Velvet revolver and the Cult
Posted by: kees ()
Date: April 2, 2008 10:54

Witnessed a great performance by the Velvet revolver last night in a close to sold out 8,000 capacity Heineken Hall in A'dam. What an energy, great musucians (Slash in top shape like all the other members), great songs and perfect sound. Played most of their latest/2nd album and three G&R oldies (Mr. Brownstone, It's so easy and patience). ears still buzzing but this is how R&R should be played.
3 wks earlier was lucky enough to see my first the Cult gig. Was impressed.
Unfortunately cannot see the Black Crowes next week in A'dam/sold out but already pre-ordered the gig through their website. Great service!
Plant/Krauss next month , Bruce in Barcelona in July and Clapton in Aug. in Berlin.

What a great Spring/Summer........

Re: O/T blown away by Velvet revolver and the Cult
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 2, 2008 10:58

you witnessed Scott Weiland's last show with the band.

He's quit, and is apparently reforming STP

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: April 2, 2008 11:00

Damn, i actually really liked them

Date: April 2, 2008 11:07

Did not realize that....... It was really a tremendous show, much better than the one I witnessed 2 yrs ago in Nijmegen at Fields of rock,

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 2, 2008 11:28

Yeah - Been to see both of these bands recently - great live rock music.

Apparently Velevet Revolver do intend to continue without Weiland, which I hope they do. Orginally the Singer from Buckcherry was going to get the gig before Scott was announced as the singer, maybe he will step up to fill the gap?

Date: April 2, 2008 11:37

That would be a great replacement! Although Scott performed great/very professionally yesterday.
Would love to see Buckcherry soon, but it seems they don't have plans to tour Europe yet...

Date: April 2, 2008 13:05

Monkeytonkman
Yeah - Been to see both of these bands recently - great live rock music.

Apparently Velevet Revolver do intend to continue without Weiland, which I hope they do. Orginally the Singer from Buckcherry was going to get the gig before Scott was announced as the singer, maybe he will step up to fill the gap?

i doubt josh todd from buckcherry will join them his band is more successful now than velvet revolver.
maybe one of thse guys will join:
john corabi-the scream/union/motley crue
whitefield crane-ugly kid joe/another animal/medication
stephen shearaux (sp?)- kik tracee

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 2, 2008 13:10

You're right, when word went around about Josh singing it was a few years ago, before their 'Renaissance' with Crazy bitch and 13

I think he's happy plowing his own field now.

Corabi would be good, always rated him.

Few rumours going around about a G'n'R reunion, can't see it myself but in recent interviews, Slash hasn't ruled it out

Oh well, gonna have to wait and see.

Date: April 2, 2008 14:17

Would like to see VR continue, their own songs could easily withstand the old G&R songs.

Can tell me somebody from the US who is bigger in the States, Buckcherry or VR?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 2, 2008 15:30

was this a really bad april fools joke ? this really sucks if this is true ? now all the G'n'R rumours will start with axehole rose.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: April 2, 2008 17:03

I gots to move my ass to Europe! No one comes to this continent of mine.... @#$%&.

Date: April 3, 2008 03:51

kees
Would like to see VR continue, their own songs could easily withstand the old G&R songs.

THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE. ITS ON BILLBOARD.COM

anyways buckcherrys album 13 has sold over 1 million copies and VR's newest and libertad is around 300k

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 3, 2008 04:12

Adrian-L
you witnessed Scott Weiland's last show with the band.

He's quit, and is apparently reforming STP

[www.nme.com]

Ouch,read the statement from Weiland. Talk about bad blood. Can't we all just get along?....On the other hand I am a bit excited about an STP reunion. Which has been rumoured for quite some time. Now if he can just keep himself out of rehab again.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-03 04:13 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: April 3, 2008 04:32

keefriffhard4life
kees

anyways buckcherrys album 13 has sold over 1 million copies and VR's newest and libertad is around 300k

Sales has nothing to do with it.In america velvet was playing arenas and buckcherry is barely filling clubs

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 3, 2008 05:06

The Cult rock. They are doing an extensive tour of Canada and still playing new songs from Born Into This that they didn't play last year, then some more US dates, and then back to Europe for some festivals this summer, and perhaps some more US dates later this year. Go see them - they put on one tight rockin' show.

And no one is jumping ship.

Date: April 3, 2008 09:24

In Europe Buckcherry is unknown. I learned about the band in Japan. Would love the see them live.

Date: April 3, 2008 09:36

keef_nerd
keefriffhard4life
kees

Sales has nothing to do with it.In america velvet was playing arenas and buckcherry is barely filling clubs

not that i've seen. when VR tours by themselves they play the same clubs buckcherry plays

Date: April 3, 2008 10:33

keefriffhard4life
keef_nerd
keefriffhard4life
kees

not that i've seen. when VR tours by themselves they play the same clubs buckcherry plays

I dont know really but each time i've seen velvet they were headlining an arena.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home