Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Shine A Light Press Conference New York City March 30
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 1, 2008 00:01

King Snake
I
But why is Keith's fingernail blue? Should I go out and get some blue nail polish too?

Maybe these two where responsible for the colour, when daddy was asleep?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:11

wow - that pic of alexandra looks more like keith than any i have seen yet! i wish he had a few more boys...

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:32

Terrific report, STG, and what an unforgettable experience for you! Did you win a radio contest, and was it Q107? I'm off work (at home with a spinal injury) so I have all kinds of time to make phone calls. I kept trying and trying while the contest was on but could never get through to the station. It would have been tricky getting to NY considering my injury but I would have managed somehow! Delighted for you. Thanks for the great report.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 1, 2008 02:46

Marmalade
Terrific report, STG, and what an unforgettable experience for you! Did you win a radio contest, and was it Q107? I'm off work (at home with a spinal injury) so I have all kinds of time to make phone calls. I kept trying and trying while the contest was on but could never get through to the station. It would have been tricky getting to NY considering my injury but I would have managed somehow! Delighted for you. Thanks for the great report.

Oooh, Marmalade, I feel bad for you - so sorry! And yes, it was indeed the mighty Q. I didn't call, can never get through, but I had been banking points for months, figuring someday there would be something I'd want to win. Had enough points for 1300+ entries, used them all. So I'm also off to the Toronto preview later this week. I'm sorry you didn't get through but the upside is that the Q is playing a lot more Stones in the last 6 months, and good stuff too! Believe the program director has been replaced with a benevolent alien...

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 1, 2008 03:18

Were Keith's daughters there?

Date: April 1, 2008 03:35

inopeng
Were Keith's daughters there?

It's possible, but I didn't see them.

Story is continued here... [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: April 1, 2008 03:56

Keith let your hair go gray like Jimmy Page!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 1, 2008 04:44

Were Keith's daughters there?....

Looked a lot like Theo arriving on her own ...
2nd ... 3rd limo in schillid's spooky undercover private dick video....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 1, 2008 05:03

Rockman
schillid's spooky undercover private dick video..

In retrospect, the video is very spooky looking! it sure didn't feel that way with the crowds around... It's weird how it came out looking spooky... I think it's because I was upstairs and shot looking down and also the plainness of the audio.

"The real ideas of a poem are not those that occur to the poet before he writes his poem, but rather those that appear in his work afterward, whether by design or by accident. Content stems from form, and not vice versa. Every form produces its own idea, its own vision of the world. Form has meaning; and, what is more, in the realm of art only form possesses meaning. The meaning of a poem does not lie in what the poet wanted to say, but in what the poem actually says."

Octavio Paz

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 1, 2008 05:45

Yeah I know what ya mean schillid....Pa said a similair fing
to me and me brovver when we knocked out our first counterfeit 100 dollar notes

ROCKMAN

Date: April 1, 2008 05:54

Rockman
Yeah I know what ya mean schillid....Pa said a similair fing
to me and me brovver when we knocked out our first counterfeit 100 dollar notes

Aha!..
Hence the prowess that Rockman has achieved with his scanner.
At least you've learned to use your abiltity for niceness instead of evil.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 1, 2008 06:44

man schillid,that is one creepy f-ing stalker footage!!!!!!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 1, 2008 07:01

Keith looks wonderfully dishevelled, and yes Mick somehow has grown, or the rest have shrunk. These are tiny guys to begin with....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2008 07:51

STG, Fan-Freakin'-Fantastic!!!!!!

Seems like you hit the Stones jackpot there, with a story no other fan will
ever have!!!

Where was the press conference, anyhow? I think I heard, but forgot.

Falling into step with Keith, what a move, brilliant! So glad about the badges.
I had a feeling you would do well winning this package and all, but still!

(On a personal note, it's been a long day...hope to connect soon.)

Date: April 1, 2008 08:08

Hi angee... Assume that you saw the link I posted.
I didn't expect it come out looking like a stalker video ...
sorry to all about that.
Music woulda helped.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 1, 2008 11:04

Those are great pictures. Keith looks quite lucid. Man, I wish they would get back on the road.

Date: April 1, 2008 15:34

angee
Where was the press conference, anyhow? I think I heard, but forgot.
(On a personal note, it's been a long day...hope to connect soon.)

You'll find out... got an extra press pass for ya! Has the address on it.

Posted by: paulstones ()
Date: April 1, 2008 22:39

what a story STG! very happy for you! I'm glad when some of us, real fans, gets close to the boys! better one of us than all those people that don't care much and surround them like if they were close to just about anybody...
great!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 2, 2008 06:27

A few of my happy snapper photos from the press conference in NYC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-02 06:28 by mattleeuk.

Date: April 2, 2008 06:30

Oh, sh*t! I have got to get a better camera! Please ignore my crappy pix on the Hello, Luv thread. (Those are great pix!)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 2, 2008 07:25

STG, thanks so much for that!!!

Matt, wonderful shots, so glad you were there!

What Paulywaul said about how great is is for one (or more) of us to
get close!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 2, 2008 07:25

Nice pics! Are these from a fancy-shmancy camera or a point shoot--because they are incredible!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 2, 2008 07:52

nice ones matt - in the front row? i like the shot of keith talking out the side of his mouth!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 2, 2008 11:07

I was actually disappointed with most of the shots. It was pretty dark and the camera wanted to use the flash. Turning the flash off on auto makes the shutter speed slow so if there is any movement from me or them the shots were a blur. These were taken in the talking part not the photo call so no flash was essential not to piss anyone off. The camera is a Cannon G7 compact camera (one of the best compact digitals available). I was actually in the second row and took these between the heads in front of me :-)

Date: April 2, 2008 14:07

mattleeuk
I was actually in the second row and took these between the heads in front of me :-)

Lucky you! Was 11th row (of 13) on center aisle. We were told "no photos" but chanced a few without flash. Mostly people stood up as the shutter was closing. You got some great shots!

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: April 3, 2008 23:59

keith looks soo great!!!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 4, 2008 18:39

This is too funny!:

[www.okmagazine.com]

Red Carpet Confidential
By Valerie Nome
FRI APRIL 04 2008, 7:00AM
PART TWO: J.LO SHINES A LIGHT ON ROLLING STONES
Part Two: J.Lo Shines a Light on Rolling Stones
(Jim Spellman/WireImage)

It’s sheer pandemonium when the Rolling Stones descend on NYC’s Ziegfeld Theatre for the premiere of their concert documentary Shine a Light. Fans sneak in the line to the press line hoping to score face time with their idols — a cameraman attempts to bring his mom! Of course, it’s air tight as always and no one is getting through.

Surprise: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are on their way. Really!

Mick Jagger is very kind, but the publicist goes ape after a financial reporter asks the Rolling Stone how the recession affects him.

“You invest in different things,” Mick says. “You have to watch out and you don’t spend too much on drinks. And you only go out twice a week.”

The publicist roars, “You know what guys?! We’re here talking about the movie. If you want to ask about the recession, don’t come.”

And there goes my chance to talk to Mick, as she says it’s ruined for the group of reporters in which I stand. The woman threatens to kick my well-meaning pal out. Whoa!

There’s also high drama when I ask Charlie Watts about whether he supports Hillary Clinton, who appears in the first half-hour of the film. “Yeah, I think so,” he says. Bam! “Ask him questions about the movie,” she says, cutting him off. “She was in the movie!” I protest.

Luckily, reps cool their heels by the time the other Stones make their way.

Ron Wood, who smells of alcohol, says, “Is there any water or anything?” when he steps up. Voila — a bottle of Poland Spring appears.

“You’ve done everything,” a reporter begins. “I haven’t done everything… you’re gorgeous,” he says.

Ron tells me the group will never again perform their first single "Come On." “They absolutely refuse to play it. I go, ‘Come On,' it’s a great song, let’s go.’ I try to get them to play it but they won’t.”

What’s his favorite thing to do in NYC? “Try and get out on my own. It’s impossible.”

Although Keith Richards says he’ll never retire from touring, he confesses to taking more naps. “Now and again, yes,” he says. He cackles when asked the secret to a happy marriage, and says his favorite place in New York is “my bedroom.”

Jerry Bruckheimer, Vanessa Carlton, Michelle Yeoh, Tommy Hilfiger and Gina Gershon give love to the Rolling Stones on their way into the venue as stunning Theodora Richards waits for a friend. Stephen Bing — the billionaire who fathered Liz Hurley’s son Damian — produced the film, but he’s dressed way down in faded jeans and white gym shoes.

The movie starts, but reporters wait because reps say tickets are being saved for J.Lo and Marc. Thirty minutes after the screening begins, the glam couple arrive, smiling and waving regally. How are the twins? “Thank you,” she tells me.

Pick up the OK! out now to find out how Keith feels about this concert documentary competing with Miley Cyrus’s record-breaking concert documentary Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds. “Britney Lost 15 Lbs. in Just 4 Weeks" is the cover line. And, don't miss Part One: My Day With the Rolling Stones.

Shine a Light is in theaters now.

Rolling Stones & Martin Scorsese interview
Posted by: Paris Adventure ()
Date: April 6, 2008 02:49

The Rolling Stones and Martin Scorsese: When Legends Unite

[www.mylifetime.com]

Re: Rolling Stones & Martin Scorsese interview
Date: April 6, 2008 06:27

Paris Adventure
The Rolling Stones and Martin Scorsese: When Legends Unite

[www.mylifetime.com]

[Smile] Guess I had the scoop... and I believe it was Ronnie who said the audience was all cameramen... believe one of the other links shows the video, was his only comment, putting him one up on Charlie. They missed the bit where Keith called Mick "Michael"...

I'll shut up about it now... cool smiley

Date: April 27, 2008 01:56

A friend just put me onto this site, transcript of the PC: [documentaries.about.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home