Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Sorry, 2007 again
Posted by: rs1806 ()
Date: March 23, 2008 22:53

The same song and the same year, in Paris

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=de"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=de" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

in my opinion they sound good...
(no idea why the video appears two times..)

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:11

i find it very amazing and actually very good from the band to manage to competely ignore the rhythm guitarist and stay in tune and time.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:27

I saw 3 shows in 2007. Brno was good, but not great at all. Copenhagen was seriously killer and London 3 was too (And I've even heard that the 2 other London shows were even better). Ronnie played great. Mick was awesome. Charlie too. Keith had troubles from time to time. In Brno he didn't have his best night. But in Copenhagen he was VERY good. Same goes for London 3. Yes the Helsinki clip is bad, but measure that against a show like Copenhagen or London, and you'll get a completely different picture than the original post wants to paint. I think it was a good year. Especially considering that I saw many many clips on YouTube, and this Helsinki clip is the absolute worst I've seen from that tour. I had to wait until a quarter into 2008 to hear something from the 2007 tour that really sucked.

And by the way. The Helsinki clip might suck, but here's one that totally rocks (SMU Copenhagen):

Alternatively go to www.rollingstones.com Virtual Ticket and check out KILLER versions of Love Is Strong from Brno or She Was Hot from London 3. Call that bad and you're deaf.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-24 09:29 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 24, 2008 13:49

open-g
So, LA Forum - when was the last time You actually attended a Stones concert?

1998, but that has nothing to do with their latest tour and clips on youtube. The concert in 1998 had some good songs, others were really boring and I'm their NO1 fan btw. A song like Thief itn sounds better when I hear bootsfrom 1998-99.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:42

I don't think we'll ever see another major world tour. A Bigger Bang, to me, was the FINAL bang. I love em to death and would love to see another tour, but I don't think it will happen. Maybe they'll play more gigs, but not a major world tour. I think its all over...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 26, 2008 23:32

you know for hard core fans like most on this site a small hall w/seldom played songs would be heaven but then who among us could afford the tkts? (I barely can afford the stadium ones!) SO the other option is larger venues and then the band is nearly forced to play the warhorses that have been done to death and so it goes on and on...Whats the answer? "What about tommorrow? Get outta my life or baby, get it on." (Doug Sahm)

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 26, 2008 23:33

flacnvinyl
I don't think we'll ever see another major world tour. A Bigger Bang, to me, was the FINAL bang. I love em to death and would love to see another tour, but I don't think it will happen. Maybe they'll play more gigs, but not a major world tour. I think its all over...

Heard that before.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2008 00:42

scottkeef
you know for hard core fans like most on this site a small hall w/seldom played songs would be heaven but then who among us could afford the tkts? (I barely can afford the stadium ones!) SO the other option is larger venues and then the band is nearly forced to play the warhorses that have been done to death and so it goes on and on...Whats the answer?

Thats the thing, Scott. People accept that it has to be that way (ie small venues = extortionate ticket prices). It shouldnt have to be.

There has to be more to the band's reason to exist than being the year's highest grossing tour every time they see fit to step on to a concert stage. The knock on effect of that is that it affects almost every career move they make, and usually in an adverse way (ticket prices which exclude a younger fanbase, the need to play massive stadiums to make their 'guarantee', warhorse heavy setlists that appeal to the casual fans and corporate fans needed to fill those stadiums, etc)

Its been done to death. Everyone's had ample chance to see them by now and experience the big stadium greatest hits show. Time for them to re-claim and re-discover their own music.

Other acts of similar vintage can do it. No reason why the Stones can't,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-27 00:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:21

Gazza
Everyone's had ample chance to see them by now and experience the big stadium greatest hits show.

I love that. So true Gazz.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:13

windmelody
Mates, I love the Stones' music, I am addicted to it, but 2007 was a very bad year, that is a fact!

Not a fact at all, they were very good in London in 2007, your wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-27 02:14 by Ket.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:18

Ket
windmelody
Mates, I love the Stones' music, I am addicted to it, but 2007 was a very bad year, that is a fact!

Not a fact at all, they were very good in London in 2007, your wrong

You are quite correct, Ket.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home