Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cream
Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: March 21, 2008 21:31

Any Cream fans here??? I heard them yesterday and I really like their sound, think Im gonna by "The very best of Cream" next weekgrinning smiley

Re: Cream
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 21, 2008 21:52

Sunshine Of Your Love ..
Jocke; I suspect your Swedish, and if so, you'd lurv
Kenny HÃ¥kansson Band which existed in 1984,
if ya like this. Power trio. As well as early Kebnekajse (esp. 1971).

Date: March 21, 2008 21:56

Me not so much for guitar hero bands these days..
Still, thanks for the reminder, Jocke! Crossroads:

Date: March 21, 2008 22:00

One more: Reunion Tour 2005, Royal Albert Hall, White Room

Date: March 21, 2008 22:35

Yes I amwinking smiley

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 21, 2008 22:41

Yeah, I love Cream. Saw them live in 1969. Deep Purple opened for them. Clapton described them as "indulgent" in how they played . . . .I guess so, but back then their extended solos were what made them fascinating to me. I still think Clapton's solos on the live version of "Crossroads" were among the best by any guitarist ever.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 21, 2008 23:06

>>Yeah, I love Cream. Saw them live in 1969

Cream called it quits in late 1968

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: March 22, 2008 00:54

Cream is right up there with the Experience for best band a brilliant guitar player used for awhile.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:09

The Crossroads video from the goodbye concert @ RAH in 1968 has to be one of the worst produced video's of a song ever.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:21

Any chance Cream will play again?

Missed the 2005 shows.

Date: March 22, 2008 01:25

1cdog
The Crossroads video from the goodbye concert @ RAH in 1968 has to be one of the worst produced video's of a song ever.

Much strong weed circulatin' that nite?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:25

deadegad
Any chance Cream will play again?

According to Clapton's biography....not very likely

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:53

In 1967 and 1968 they were my favorite band. Their farewell tour was the 2nd concert I ever attended (1st being Hendrix). If anyone is just discovering them, I recommend their 4 disk CD Box set they came with a few years back.

"Clapton is God"

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 22, 2008 04:00

.... they dont get along, worlds apart, one big reason is claptons the only clean one, and he dont need cream... .... that combo was 'cream', bruce, baker, clapton and chemicals, what a mixture at the time. if ya werent there, still crank up politician, i feel free just ta start the party........

Date: March 22, 2008 05:24

pretty big fan of cream

Date: March 22, 2008 05:35

You're right Rank Stranger. I saw them on October 19, 1968, my freshman year of college. I stand corrected.

Date: March 22, 2008 07:50

DaveG
You're right Rank Stranger. I saw them on October 19, 1968, my freshman year of college. I stand corrected.

The 2nd LA Forum show, I sat in section 13 lodge row E, wow, I can't believe I remember that! It was a $5.50 seat.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: March 22, 2008 11:47

Hello,

One of the most special shows I've ever been at-opening night of their reunion at The RAH,Monday May 2nd 2005.

Simply put-me and my mate were two of the luckiest b'stards to be there-unbelievable!

And so begins my habit of taking ropey photos at shows!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: March 22, 2008 12:09

Nice pics you got there =)

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:04

DaveG

Wow can't believe you were at that show. I have a fantastic soundboard recording from that concert. They did an incredible version of "I'm So Glad". I think a couple or three songs from this show are officially released.

Date: March 22, 2008 20:34

Wow, so 3 of us here were at that same show 39 1/2 years ago, what are the odds!

Date: March 22, 2008 21:03

BluzDude andTumblin_Dice_07,

Yeah that is amazing that 3 of us were there. Do you remember when they were playing Spoonful and the there was a girl on crutches dancing in front of the stage and the announcer came on while they were playing and threatened to turn the sound down? He said, "Sit down, we want to hear the Cream play". It was nuts!

There is a recording of some of this show at Wolfgangs Vault.

Date: March 22, 2008 21:14

Great memory! I still remember Richie Blackmore taking Ian Pace's cymbles and throwing them off stage during their last song.(Their pre Gillan days). Not a bad opening act. But it was that show which inspired me to get my first electric guitar and learn how to play like Clapton.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 22, 2008 21:17

I really envy you, I never had the chance to see Cream live.
There are only two tracks from this LA show on Wolfgang's Vault, is there any chance that you might post the soundboard over here??

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: March 23, 2008 00:17

BluzDude
Wow, so 3 of us here were at that same show 39 1/2 years ago, what are the odds!

__ ahh,,,, what are odds of someone remembering the section and seat they were in??? that defies logic..........

Date: March 23, 2008 00:33

Maybe because I kept the ticket stub for so many years?

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 23, 2008 00:58

Saw Cream in Chicago in '68. The Moody Blues opened the show. Another memorable concert.

Date: March 23, 2008 04:35

Great pics of their shows at RAH in 2005. Ever since I had seen the Cream movie in '69, their farewell movie, I have wanted to see a show at RAH. Living in the US didn't afford me much of an opportunity. In 2006, when I knew I'd be in London, I picked up 2 tickets to Clapton's show there for face value on ebay. When we got there, we found that we were in row 7, center. It was incredible. There is very little space between row 1 and the stage, so we were very close. I got some great shots, even though the ushers were telling us not to take photos. I even got some good 30-second videos. Robert Cray opened the show. What a great, memorable night. It took me a long time to finally see a show there, but what a show it was. At the end, EC, Robert Cray, Derek Trucks, and Doyle Bramhall were all on stage playing. Wow . . . . .

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 23, 2008 17:49

DaveG
BluzDude andTumblin_Dice_07,

Yeah that is amazing that 3 of us were there. Do you remember when they were playing Spoonful and the there was a girl on crutches dancing in front of the stage and the announcer came on while they were playing and threatened to turn the sound down? He said, "Sit down, we want to hear the Cream play". It was nuts!

There is a recording of some of this show at Wolfgangs Vault.

Oh I wasn't there man. I wasn't even alive haha. I'm just 25 years old. I was just impressed that you guys were there because it was such a great show. If I'm not mistaken, I think about three or four songs from that show were officially released. I'm thinking that epic version of "I'm So Glad" that's on GoodBye Cream is from this show. And I think these versions of "Politician" and "Sitting On Top Of The World" were officially released too. Really loved Clapton's guitar tone during this show. Can you all remember what axe he was playing?

Date: March 23, 2008 23:15

All Gibsons, he switched off in that show between a firebird, SG Standard and I think he also might have used a 335, but I'm really not sure if he used the hollow body.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home