Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Chuck Berry at the 100 Club/London - Sunday 23rd March 2008
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 12, 2008 10:29

peters318
Hi I CBll and Paul
Any news on this show? I have booked tickets for this show through the promoter and my credit card has been charged for them! I am currently trying to contact the promoter to see what is happening; would love it if the show was to go ahead! Would be great it you can help make it happen.
Best wishes Peter

That's awful to hear, especially in view of the fact that as you can see in a post of mine a few up from this one, I phoned the Hackney Empire on 3rd April to find out what the story was about these 19th/20th July shows, and was told that they were off. It is no surprise whoever it was that was selling those tickets (presumably [aficionadotickets.com]) got their wrist slapped for so doing - because evidently the contract wasn't in place at the time they were put on sale. Now that there isn't going to be a contract/the shows are off, we do have to ask what happens to those folk that bought - such as yourself ?

The weird thing is, that Charles Jr himself wasn't even aware that these shows had been cancelled ?

I wish you luck in getting your money refunded. However, if Charles can actually help make these shows happen, that would be the best outcome for all.

Date: April 12, 2008 10:34

peters318

This is the address on the top of the page/form for buying tickets. If I were you, I'd go round and bang on the bloody door !!

Aficionado Tickets, Stannary Street, Kennington, LONDON SE11 4AE GB

[checkout.google.com]

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: April 13, 2008 15:36

Hi I have now heard from the promoter who confirms that the concert will not happen. He has also promised to refund my money (will keep chasing it up to ensure that he does; I have also informed my credit card company) So looks like there will be no further Chuck Berry London at the moment. So Charles if you can help get Chuck back to London in the near future that would be great! Best wishes Peter

Date: April 13, 2008 16:54

peters318
Hi I have now heard from the promoter who confirms that the concert will not happen. He has also promised to refund my money (will keep chasing it up to ensure that he does; I have also informed my credit card company) So looks like there will be no further Chuck Berry London at the moment. So Charles if you can help get Chuck back to London in the near future that would be great! Best wishes Peter

<<< So Charles if you can help get Chuck back to London in the near future that would be great! >>>

I second that, go Chuck (and Charles) go. Best wishes too.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: April 14, 2008 01:43

Chaps,

I have NO idea what the deal is. From your research, it seems to be true. That STINKS! All anyone can do know figure out how to make this happen. Hopefully, this will be resolved. I wanted to see London on a Sunny day and do those shows. The Hackney Empire REALLY looked like THE place to jam.

Wish me luck.

CBII...

Date: April 14, 2008 14:26

CBII
Chaps,

I have NO idea what the deal is. From your research, it seems to be true. That STINKS! All anyone can do know figure out how to make this happen. Hopefully, this will be resolved. I wanted to see London on a Sunny day and do those shows. The Hackney Empire REALLY looked like THE place to jam.

Wish me luck.

CBII...

We wish you as much luck as there is in the world, however much is needed in fact to get you guys back to London. Keep us updated if you wouldn't mind.

Date: April 14, 2008 16:05

I sure will.

CBII

Posted by: peters318 ()
Date: April 25, 2008 22:53

Hi I understand the show is now back on. It is now advertised again on the Hackney Empire website but they seem to be promoting it rather than the original promoter. I understand that the Pretty Things are support act! Peter

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 26, 2008 00:03

good news if it happens

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 28, 2008 11:42

any news, as to when the Hackney Empire tickets, go on sale?

Date: May 6, 2008 16:54

A fan has posted on the Chuck Berry forum tickets for the Hackney Empire show go on sale May 7th.The Hackney Empire Site web page also lists show dates of 19.07.2008 - 20.07.2008.

[chuckberry.com]
[www.hackneyempire.co.uk]

CBII

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home