Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Bob Dylan European Tour coming
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 1, 2008 20:41

Lukester
Dylan will be performing in Maryland August 10

[www.virginmobilefestival.com]

thats good new Lukester - will you be making the trip?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 1, 2008 20:47

not sure if it's been posted here, but sony is apparently prepping a 2cd installment of the next bootleg series, which purports to be oriented on still previously unearthed studio work from all phases of bob's career - similar to the first installment (vol 1-3)....very intriguing...september release date is speculated

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 1, 2008 21:25

Lukester
Sorry to hear that my Norwegian friend, but I do know that priorities can get in the way of fun. I'm sure you are making the right choice.

Thanks Luke, well I have no choice. WOuld have been my 10th Bob concert.

Date: May 1, 2008 21:27

T&A
not sure if it's been posted here, but sony is apparently prepping a 2cd installment of the next bootleg series, which purports to be oriented on still previously unearthed studio work from all phases of bob's career - similar to the first installment (vol 1-3)....very intriguing...september release date is speculated

Yes I read about that one. It could be a real treat. Presumed that the next installment would be the Town Hall 1963 concert, since it's recently leaked out to the bootlegers, but luckily Bob chose another option

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 1, 2008 21:41

Erik_Snow
T&A

Yes I read about that one. It could be a real treat. Presumed that the next installment would be the Town Hall 1963 concert, since it's recently leaked out to the bootlegers, but luckily Bob chose another option

doubt that bob "chooses" - but he probably "okays" or "vetoes" - i've been kinda hoping for him/them to release one of the later 78 shows - Budokan doesn't nearly capture the magic/intensity of some of the european and usa shows from that tour...and i know they were all recorded by bob/cbs, so....

Date: May 1, 2008 21:50

T&A
doubt that bob "chooses" - but he probably "okays" or "vetoes" - i've been kinda hoping for him/them to release one of the later 78 shows - Budokan doesn't nearly capture the magic/intensity of some of the european and usa shows from that tour...and i know they were all recorded by bob/cbs, so....

Oh I meant the "Bob staff", not Bob himself
Yes, yes, a Europe/US 1978 release is sought after and about time he'd do. Blackbushe would probably be the very best option from that tour, also since it's such a legendary concert - like Rolling Stones in Hyde Park 69 or Knebworth 76 - so lots of people in the UK would be interested even if they're not too into Dylan. And it's one of the best performances he's done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-01 21:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 2, 2008 17:36

Adrian-L
Lukester
Dylan will be performing in Maryland August 10

[www.virginmobilefestival.com]

thats good new Lukester - will you be making the trip?

It's about an 8 hour drive for me one way, but I might do it.....how about you Adrian, want to fly to the USA and have a beer (or twelve) with me and see Bob?

Date: May 2, 2008 17:44

Lukester
It's about an 8 hour drive for me one way, but I might do it.....how about you Adrian, want to fly to the USA and have a beer (or twelve) with me and see Bob?

thats the best offer i've had all day, Lukester.
I've made a point of coming to your fine country,
in the not too distant future.
Sadly, i'm going to have to decline, on this occasion.
A lack of holiday time, being the main problem.
A weekend trip to see Bob in Toulouse, is as far as i can stretch, this time.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 2, 2008 18:27

.....dang it Adrian.....well maybe some other time. Enjoy that show in France.

Date: May 2, 2008 18:30

Lukester
.....dang it Adrian.....well maybe some other time. Enjoy that show in France.

thanks, yes, afew nice glasses of something, a little sightseeing, some good food and a Bob show...i can't wait.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 3, 2008 12:42

Another US show added:
May 16th at The Palladium in Worcester, MA.
Presale on Monday.

[www.bobdylan.com]

Date: May 11, 2008 19:28

Bob might not be comong to London, or the UK, this summer, but
his art exhibition is, from June 14th :-

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 18:57

i saw bob last october 2007 and the man was awesome.the poet laureate of our generation.bob band rocked so good wow wow wow .

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home