Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Woman stuck on toilet for 2 yrs! ?? What?
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 13, 2008 00:09

I can't believe Helter didn't beat me to this story...

Sheriff: Woman stuck on boyfriend's toilet after 2 years

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 1:44 PM

WICHITA, Kansas - Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend's toilet after sitting on it for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles (240 kilometers) southeast of their home in Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

IORR............but I like it!

Re: OT: Woman stuck on toilet for 2 yrs! ?? What?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 13, 2008 00:47

April 1.st is coming in early, innit?

...but the story is allover the net.
[www.policeone.com]

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 13, 2008 00:53

.....so I guess the boyfriend had to go out in the yard to pinch a loaf (like in the movie Saving Silverman. Man, that must've sucked in the wintertime....

.....and the article said it was not known if she was physically or mentally disabled? Hello, I'm pretty sure that sitting on the toilet for two years should be on the checklist of symptoms of mental disability.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 00:53 by Lukester.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 13, 2008 00:57

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

err what?? It doesn't surprise him the loo is blocked for 2 years?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:02

People do anything to get their names in the press these days.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:07

And this place is where ? Wichita ? Christ almighty, you know all those "mid west" jokes that abound ? Yeah, well d'ya need to ask why ?

WTF ????????????????

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:23

Lukester
.....so I guess the boyfriend had to go out in the yard to pinch a loaf (like in the movie Saving Silverman. Man, that must've sucked in the wintertime....

.....and the article said it was not known if she was physically or mentally disabled? Hello, I'm pretty sure that sitting on the toilet for two years should be on the checklist of symptoms of mental disability.

WOW Lukester, that's pretty judgemental and harsh dontcha think?? I mean, you and I both know "Time flys when you're having fun" and as long as she had food delivery and a TV it sounds like a bit of an adventure AND vacation... I mean, how long was Tom Hanks on that stupid island with the face painted on the volleyball ?? See what I mean ?? Let's give the Little Lady the benefit of the doubt.........it's like that U2 song, "STUCK IN A MOMENT" (that you can't get out of).... smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

SNC, yeah, you beat me to it this time.... I got some nasty, scratchy dust (EXCUSE) under my left eyelid (EXCUSE) and it's buggin' the shit out me (EXCUSE) My VISINE -A says 01/2006 for an exp. date (EXCUSE) so my motivation has been low (EXCUSE) today... Anybody know if LISTERINE is good as an Eye Wash ???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 01:29 by HelterSkelter.

Date: March 13, 2008 01:28

Lukester wrote:
".....so I guess the boyfriend had to go out in the yard to pinch a loaf.."

I don't think we can assume that....probably just asked her to spread her legs and pass the toilet paper. (yes..for both #1 & #2) Something tells me they didn't
have a 2 bathroom home. ugh!

Can't wait for names & pix to be released.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:31

Think she still has a nice ass? Enquirer-ing minds need to know....

Date: March 13, 2008 01:35

problem solved

Date: March 13, 2008 01:37

Helter wrote: "Think she still has a nice ass? Enquirer-ing minds need to know...."

Whatever you do...don't IMAGE GOOGLE ....woman toilet......

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 13, 2008 07:41

I heard this story on the all-news station driving home from work. I wonder if Mr. Whipple squeezed the Charmin?

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: March 13, 2008 09:56

Only in the good ole US of A! Great country!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 13, 2008 12:34

Was it a Chuck Berry's Berry Park by any chance? Reminds me of the old nursery rhyme 'Oh dear what can the matter be, three old ladies stuck in the lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday and nobody knew they were there.'

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 13, 2008 17:03

Silver Dagger
Reminds me of the old nursery rhyme 'Oh dear what can the matter be, three old ladies stuck in the lavatory, they were there from Monday to Saturday and nobody knew they were there.'

I thought the same thing - right after I thought "hemorrhoids." No kidding that tissue grew around the seat!

I only knew about 3 of the Old Ladies, surprised to learn there were 7... [glyfix.com]

Date: March 13, 2008 19:13

after 2 yrs on the toilet...are they still really boyfriend/girlfriend?

i guess there's a couple things they could still do together.

Posted by: Kick Jaggards ()
Date: March 13, 2008 20:02

Maybe she heard that the Queen's been on the throne for over 50 years, and figured if she could match that, then she'd get to be Queen?

Just surmising here...

Date: March 13, 2008 20:18

maybe...

Date: March 13, 2008 20:33

am i the only one who thinks this is a joke or something?
I understand that some people are mental, and i know there are others who are "afraid" to leave the house.
But 2 years on toilet ??? c'mon , and a boyfriend didn't help? and the skin grew around the toilet?!
Sounds like crap to me.
No f%#kin wonder the world thinks we are all crazy here in USA.

Date: March 13, 2008 20:59

Actually I saw video of it on the news last night...they interviewed the
boyfriend in front of his trailer home.

I understand your skepticism but it's being widely reported etc... too early
for April Fools joke.

I vaguely remembered hearing something about it on February 28.
All I remember from that news report was... "woman stuck on toilet seat".
I assumed it was the result of a practical joke involving kids
and SuperGlue...but then the full story hit the news yesterday.

Here's some video:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-13 21:03 by sweet neo con.

Date: March 13, 2008 21:06

more video...includes the boyfriend:

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2008 03:04

I hope she had plenty of reading material.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home