Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
SAL "premiere" info contrywide for UK
Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: March 7, 2008 10:18

I registed my interest as RS.con to get updates about this event. angry smiley

Surprise surprise, no email or anything from them, but this ad in the paper today.

Re: SAL "premiere" info contrywide for UK
Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: March 7, 2008 10:31

Thanks Stargroves

I have also registered but not heard anything.

Are there any showings in the North of England at all?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 7, 2008 10:34

i've registered as well.....£12.50 and a t-shirt thrown in-
sounds too good to be true.

It's playing at my local fleapit, suprisingly enough -
i could do without the mad, scramble on the net for tickets at 2pm... i'm not going to lose sleep if i miss out on tickets, but it would be nice.

Date: March 7, 2008 10:40

The t-shirt will, presumably, arrive after the membership DVDs?

Stonesrick, where in the North? It's a long list. Is the list on ShineALightMovie.co.uk to look at?

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: March 7, 2008 10:43

Stargroves, Blackpool, Preston area

Thanks

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 7, 2008 11:01

Anyone know the London cinemas? And where to buy tix??? Thanks.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 7, 2008 11:50

Can anyone type in the list from the advert?

Is there a premier near gloucester?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 7, 2008 11:57

Stargroves
I registed my interest as RS.con to get updates about this event. angry smiley

Surprise surprise, no email or anything from them, but this ad in the paper today.

Fascinating ... but in the absence of any useful info on [www.shinealightmovie.co.uk] and no updates by email even after registering, can someone please post anything they know about (a) where and how to buy tickets, and (b) the list of cinemas across the country.

It appears to be the usual chaos with respect to information, as in ... "what information" ???

Thanks

Date: March 7, 2008 11:59

Adrian-L
i've registered as well.....£12.50 and a t-shirt thrown in-
sounds too good to be true.

It's playing at my local fleapit, suprisingly enough -
i could do without the mad, scramble on the net for tickets at 2pm... i'm not going to lose sleep if i miss out on tickets, but it would be nice.

Adrian, where did you get that info, and can you post what you know about how and where and when to get tix ? Fankyew kindly.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:01

one assumes tickets available from the relevant cinemas,
but theres little clarity.

The list is long, suffice to say, London is well served,
as are the major cities. Vue's and Odeons mostly.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: March 7, 2008 12:01

I've got the advert in front of me now, and, while I'm sure you'll forgive me for not typing out all 100 cinemas, I can tell you that cinemas the length of Britain are showing it, from Aberdeen to Plymouth. You can buy tickets through the link shown on the advert in the picture above.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:03

paulywaul
Adrian, where did you get that info, and can you post what you know about how and where and when to get tix ? Fankyew kindly.[/quote

my local fleapit , since moving, is the Staines Vue, Pauly.
richmond /kingston aren't getting it.
Vue at o2 Arena are on the list, as are usual west end cinemas.

Advert is in most of the newspapers this morning..incl. Metro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-07 12:04 by Adrian-L.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:11

Sorry Paulywaul I'm at work now and I brought the Racing Post with me and left the Telegraph at home, can't find a movie ad in the RPeye rolling smiley.

Seemed to be most of the bigger towns, Reading or Oxford for me, my closest cinemas at Swindon and Basingstoke weren't on the list.

But horrors, I've realised the 2nd is a Wednesday and I will have to work in the evening. Wonder what time it will be? Maybe I can sabotage the meeting Agenda and make it short...

Date: March 7, 2008 12:13

Adrian-L
paulywaul
Adrian, where did you get that info, and can you post what you know about how and where and when to get tix ? Fankyew kindly.[/quote

my local fleapit , since moving, is the Staines Vue, Pauly.
richmond /kingston aren't getting it.
Vue at o2 Arena are on the list, as are usual west end cinemas.

Advert is in most of the newspapers this morning..incl. Metro.

I'm in Abidjan/Ivory Coast at this precise moment old sport, so not REALLY within striking distance of a copy of METRO or any other UK paper. Beast is gonna have a crack at getting a ticket or two for me. Are the tickets on sale at each specific individual cinema, or some centralised location/website ? Fankyew kindly once again.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:16

we don't know Pauly- the advert directs you to the shinealight website...
thats it.

I assume, at 2pm, the link will become active, and the frenzy will be on.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 7, 2008 12:16

DD
You can buy tickets through the link shown on the advert in the picture above.

Yes, that site has been saying for weeks that tix are on sale online from today. But so far they are not - or not at least via that site.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:20

Beast
DD
You can buy tickets through the link shown on the advert in the picture above.

Yes, that site has been saying for weeks that tix are on sale online from today. But so far they are not - or not at least via that site.

2pm, Beast.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:24

The south and southwest London venues seem to be as follows - Brixton Ritzy, Clapham Picturehouse, Fulham Broadway Vue, Fulham Road Cineworld, Whiteleys Vue and Wimbledon Vue. We await the 2pm frenzy....

Date: March 7, 2008 12:26

i thought you'd want to be outside the 'real' west end premier, with the celebs/band, rather than attending another screening.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 7, 2008 12:27

Thanks for the info MOWAT.

Seems you won't have far to walk...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: March 7, 2008 12:27

Adrian-L
i thought you'd want to be outside the 'real' west end premier, with the celebs/band, rather than attending another screening.
I'm working on it......

Date: March 7, 2008 12:28

lol

Date: March 7, 2008 12:32

Manofwealthandtaste
The south and southwest London venues seem to be as follows - Brixton Ritzy, Clapham Picturehouse, Fulham Broadway Vue, Fulham Road Cineworld, Whiteleys Vue and Wimbledon Vue. We await the 2pm frenzy....

Manofwealthandtaste old bean, nice of you to drop in and most timely too. I am currently indisposed (yes, this blasted stuff called work has gotten in the way of things, am about to be tansported off into the wilds), so if you feel inclined and it does not interfere with your work day, might you think about trying to score some tix for 2nd April in the cinema of your choice for your good self, BRQ, myself and Siobhan ? I am literally waiting to get picked up from this 'ere hotel and I will be away from the net till probably early hours tomorrow morning. It would be a fun night out, and you guys will luuuuuuuuuuuuurv this film. Fanking yew in advance ... f f f f it's hot here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-07 12:50 by paulywaul.

Date: March 7, 2008 12:42

paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste

Manofwealthandtaste old bean, nice of you drop in and most timely too. I am currently indisposed (yes, this blasted stuff called work has gotten in the way of things, am about to be tansported off into the wilds), so if you feel inclined and it does not interfere with your work day, might you think about trying to score some tix for 2nd April in the cinema of your choice for your good self, BRQ, myself and Siobhan ? I am literally waiting to get picked up from this 'ere hotel and I will be away from the net till probably early hours tomorrow morning. It would be a fun night out, and you guys will luuuuuuuuuuuuurv this film. Fanking yew in advance ... f f f f it's hot here.

Of course, me old china! Will do all possible......stay c c c cool man!

Date: March 7, 2008 12:48

Manofwealthandtaste
paulywaul
Manofwealthandtaste

Manofwealthandtaste old bean, nice of you to drop in and most timely too. I am currently indisposed (yes, this blasted stuff called work has gotten in the way of things, am about to be tansported off into the wilds), so if you feel inclined and it does not interfere with your work day, might you think about trying to score some tix for 2nd April in the cinema of your choice for your good self, BRQ, myself and Siobhan ? I am literally waiting to get picked up from this 'ere hotel and I will be away from the net till probably early hours tomorrow morning. It would be a fun night out, and you guys will luuuuuuuuuuuuurv this film. Fanking yew in advance ... f f f f it's hot here.

Of course, me old china! Will do all possible......stay c c c cool man!

Fankyew fankyew once again, hope we can find ourselves on a fun night out in far out n' funky Fulham (guess that would be your choice cos it's nice n' close ta the Vinyl Lounge) on 2nd April. Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-07 12:49 by paulywaul.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: March 7, 2008 12:52

To alter the subject slightly; we know that there is some sixties footage in the film. Does anyone know if Brian appears in it?

Date: March 7, 2008 13:00

DD
To alter the subject slightly; we know that there is some sixties footage in the film. Does anyone know if Brian appears in it?

Er ... cannot recall. Sssoul, piotr, open-g, Beast ? Was there a Brian appearance ? Off the top of my head, I don't think so.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 7, 2008 14:03

Brian's in the bits from the Have You Seen Your Mother Baby promo video.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 7, 2008 16:03

[www.bfi.org.uk]

Loads of tickets at the IMAX! Really easy site, picked 4 in the middle. Go, go, go!

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: March 7, 2008 16:06

Nothing. 2:05

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home