Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Who´ll be in London for SAL?
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 6, 2008 22:43

aprilfool
Why I should go to london to see a movie which will be shown in my town few days later. Give me a really good reason.

Add to the reasons I mentioned above, that it´s fun to take a little trip with my friends.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: March 6, 2008 22:44

Hot chick in london. That's a good reason but for shine a light, it's only a movie. When the stones recorded in paris, there was nobody around the studio but for a movie.....

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: March 9, 2008 21:44

Lilla Chinchilla and Redlands will be there.
Have tickets to IMAX.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 11, 2008 00:24

Hot chick in London, more chance of meeting a Koala Bear in the peaks of the Himalayas. ;--)

SD

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: March 11, 2008 11:56

I'll be in London + 3 others. Probably end up at St Giles with all the other looneys.

John Nicholls

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 11, 2008 12:22

mickijaggeroo
Me, and a bunch of the other Vikings are going there April 2, staying at the St Giles as usual. Would be fun to meet up for drinks etc.

How long are you guys staying ? The reason I ask is because of this ...

[www.thecounterfeitstones.net]

Something to think about - eh ? Although not quite as good as the "Rollin' Stoned" in my personal opinion, they're very very much worth seeing, even if only for the comparison. EPSOM is 30-35 minutes by train from London Waterloo, which coincidentally is exactly where the IMAX is and where we'll be on the 2nd - the day before. The last train back into Waterloo from Epsom is at 23:20, so an alternative for you guys would be to split the cost of a cab, it wouldn't be much.

[www.southwesttrains.co.uk]

Cheers

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 11, 2008 15:38

Hello paulywaul!

We are coming to London the 2nd and will be staying untill the 4th...sounds interesting with this coverband!

Jeppe.

Date: March 11, 2008 16:02

JumpinJeppeFlash
Hello paulywaul!

We are coming to London the 2nd and will be staying untill the 4th...sounds interesting with this coverband!

Jeppe.

Well, if you're staying until the 4th, then I can without hesitation recommend the Counterfeit Stones. They are probably the original Stones tribute band, and in fact the guy that plays Brian Jones in the "Rollin Stoned" ...

[www.rollinstoned.com]

... used to be in the Counterfeits, he actually left them to start the "Rollin Stoned".

Anyway, the Counterfeits do put on a great show, very "tongue in cheek", and if you take it all in the spirit in which it's meant, you'll enjoy them tremendously.

[www.epsomplayhouse.co.uk]

Let me know if you're going and if/when you book tix - what your seat numbers are, and I'll then book mine

Cheers

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-11 16:10 by paulywaul.

Date: March 11, 2008 21:42

Pauly, I´ve put the question to the other vikings, so hopefully we´ll go.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 11, 2008 22:47

mickijaggeroo
Pauly, I´ve put the question to the other vikings, so hopefully we´ll go.

Yeah Ok, well just post on here when you're sorted, and if you're going ... I'll join you. Haven't seen the Counterfeits for a couple of years now, 'bout time I said 'allo to ole "Nick Dagger" !!

Cheers

Date: March 14, 2008 05:42

I´ve sent them my bookingrequest now, they say on their website that they will reply within 24 hours, so let´s wait and see. I asked for FOS-tix of course smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 14, 2008 10:13

mickijaggeroo
I´ve sent them my bookingrequest now, they say on their website that they will reply within 24 hours, so let´s wait and see. I asked for FOS-tix of course smiling smiley

OK, I'll stay tuned for further info from you.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: March 15, 2008 16:27

Will there be SALt of the the Earth in Epsom? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: EdgeySide ()
Date: March 15, 2008 18:42

im gunna try and get tickets for the Vue in Leicester Square, and watch them all arrive at the odeon, and then run inside and sit down to watch the film!

Date: March 16, 2008 22:30

Hey thar O Viking chief ... did ya get your seats you were after ?

Date: March 27, 2008 02:37

Nope, they totally messed it up. I ordered 6 tickets, and only got confirmation for 2. I mailed them back twice, asked them to change the order to 6, but never heard back from them again. We decided, due to their poor communication, to not try again. So we´ll have to find something else to do that evening. Any suggestions?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 27, 2008 11:19

mickijaggeroo
Nope, they totally messed it up. I ordered 6 tickets, and only got confirmation for 2. I mailed them back twice, asked them to change the order to 6, but never heard back from them again. We decided, due to their poor communication, to not try again. So we´ll have to find something else to do that evening. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that. Yes I can suggest something ...

[www.hankwangford.com]
[www.halfmoon.co.uk]

The Half Moon in Putney is one of THE original London pub music venues, the back music room in it hasn't changed in appearance since the 1960s in all probability. ALL the greats and more have played there. I'm there tomorrow night to see the Rollin' Stoned. I've been meaning to catch Hank Wangford one of these days, never seen him. He comes recommended. The Half Moon is easily accessible from your central London location, SouthWest trains from Waterloo to Putney, about 15 minutes - if that. Come out of the train station, turn right and walk down the High Street till you get to the river/Putney Bridge, don't corss the bridge - just turn left (the Lower Richmond Road), and the Half Moon is about 300-400 metres along there. Doors to the music room typically open at 8:30. The pub has just been revamped, it's really nice in there. GREAT photos plastered all over the walls.

Having said all that, if you absolutely totally 100 percent HATE any form of country ... well then maybe it ain't the place for you on Friday 4th April.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:27

SW trains are on strike next week, from Mon-Thurs...
but friday you'll be ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-27 11:28 by Adrian-L.

Date: March 27, 2008 12:41

Adrian-L
but friday you'll be ok.

F f f f f f f friggin' unbelievable, when ARE Southwest trains actually running, what with all these sodding engineering works at/around Clapham Jct and then a strike on top of it ... wtf ?? And just to add insult to injury, their prices go up relentlessly all the time. F f f f f f funking bar stewards !!

Still, for Mickijaggeroo & Vikings, at least they're running a normal service on Friday 4th, so if you're gonna do the Half Moon you'll be able to get there and back.

Date: March 29, 2008 19:55

As for SAL my suggestion is....

perhaps all meet up at the Jack Horner pub (details as above) before strolling down to Leicester Square to be there around 6pm to play spot the celeb and/or Rolling Stone as they arrive at the Odeon for the 8.30 start.

I thought I may have to be out of town that day but can be at the pub around 5pm, IMAX at Waterloo tickets now all sold out that night but I'm going to the Vue cinema in Leicester Square to see it there.

All friends new and old are very welcome.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 29, 2008 20:13

paulywaul
Adrian-L
but friday you'll be ok.

F f f f f f f friggin' unbelievable, when ARE Southwest trains actually running, what with all these sodding engineering works at/around Clapham Jct and then a strike on top of it ... wtf ?? And just to add insult to injury, their prices go up relentlessly all the time. F f f f f f funking bar stewards !!

Still, for Mickijaggeroo & Vikings, at least they're running a normal service on Friday 4th, so if you're gonna do the Half Moon you'll be able to get there and back.

you'll be pleased to hear Pauly, that next weeks strike,
has been called off.
was good to see you and the rest of your posse, last night.
It was a great show - the guys were on the toppest of top form....
hearing Lady Jane, for the first time, was brilliant.

Date: March 31, 2008 18:19

Calling StonesVikings ... you guys gonna join us here, a "Stones throw" from the IMAX ? Hope so.

[www.iorr.org]

Cheers

Paul

Date: March 31, 2008 18:43

paulywaul
Calling StonesVikings ... you guys gonna join us here, a "Stones throw" from the IMAX ? Hope so.

[www.iorr.org]

Cheers

Paul

Yes, if time allows it, we want to hang around the red carpet first.
I have o idea of the timeschedule smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 31, 2008 19:57

Ok let's scrap the Jack Horner as a meeting place and all head for the Fire station instead. I should be there soon after 5pm, but will be heading for the red carpet in Leicester Square at around 6pm.

Date: March 31, 2008 20:05

barking paul
Ok let's scrap the Jack Horner as a meeting place and all head for the Fire station instead. I should be there soon after 5pm, but will be heading for the red carpet in Leicester Square at around 6pm.

Take it you'll be legging it back to the IMAX for 7:30 pm sharp ?

Date: March 31, 2008 21:05

As mentioned above I'm seeing it at the Vue West End cinema in Leicester Square, so no legging it back to Waterloo for me.

Date: March 31, 2008 21:59

barking paul
As mentioned above I'm seeing it at the Vue West End cinema in Leicester Square, so no legging it back to Waterloo for me.

Sorry, missed that. OK, see ya at the fire station then.

Date: April 1, 2008 12:17

mickijaggeroo
paulywaul

[www.iorr.org]

Cheers

Paul

Yes, if time allows it, we want to hang around the red carpet first.
I have o idea of the timeschedule smiling smiley

Don't know if you're aware, but the whole purpose of this screening of the film in all these cinemas across Britain on the actual same day as the premiere itself in Leicester Square, is so that "highlights" of the events at Leicester Square can be broadcast to the cinemas (albeit with a slight time delay obviously) before the film itself is shown. To me, that's the best of both worlds, you don't have to spend hours hanging out at Leicester Square to get a glimpse of the boys before having to run like hell to whichever cinema you've arranged to see it in, you can simply go straight to that cinema (7:30 pm start), and you'll see about 20 minutes worth of what went on at Leicester Square before the film itself. A great deal as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, hope to catch you guys somewhere, either at the Fire Station Waterloo beforehand, or in the IMAX itself.

Cheers me dears .......

Date: April 1, 2008 16:44

An advantage of seeing the film at a location close to the hallowed red carpet (idolised by some as the plexiglass is to others) is that the distinguished guests/freeloaders actually have to leave the cinema sometime AFTER the showing, so being nearby yourself makes it more likely you'll see them then (despite their diminutive stature....Sarkhozy one week,Scorcese the next cool smiley).

Date: April 1, 2008 16:56

Firestation it is, it seems.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1387
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home