Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anyone Ever Blare "Neighbors"
Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: February 24, 2008 06:25

I don't really care for their throbbing Middle Eastern Terrorist Disco Shi..."music!" I guess I'm just immature. Apartment living sucks. I'd guess I've played it about 9 times in a row so far. I wonder who will give up first...me, or them?

Re: Anyone Ever Blare "Neighbors"
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2008 07:51

Invite 'em over.....then rip 'em

ROCKMAN

Posted by: cali stones fan ()
Date: February 24, 2008 08:58

The people living next door to me in my dorm used to be loud a lot (fighting and/or rap music) so I played this song a few times when I got fed up. I don't think they could hear it though as I only had my dinky laptop speakers, but it made me feel a little better at least.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:41

There is a dog nearby that I'd love to...change the owner's attitude about.

Oh come on - is it owners or owner's? I can never remember that rule. I'm guessing it's actually without the apostrophe since it's not plural. But isn't there something about ownership? Stupid shit.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:48

Yes, at the time this came out I had a particularly OBNOXIOUS NEIGHBOR, we hated each other. I lived in the upstairs apartment and I set my speaker at the top of the steps, wait for him to arrive in the drveway and BLAST this song right at him. He was a Black Oak Arkansas fan so he'd play that garage as high as it would go and my floors would shake. " Go Jim Dandy Go!" I WANTED TO MURDER HIM! The song " Too Much Blood" was another tune I played AT him!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 27, 2008 00:59

One of the coolest thing in Neighbours is when, right in the beginning, I think it's after the first neighbours of the actual song that Mick does a low under the gist of the tune long drawn out somewhat quiet neighbours.....

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:03

I used to blare that song. The people below me would crank up their stero during dinner so loud it used to rattle the plates in my kitchen. When they were done, I'd put my speakers on the floor, face down, and play "Neighbors" over and over and over.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 27, 2008 02:36

---

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-27 02:39 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: February 27, 2008 04:06

lamemodem2
I used to blare that song. The people below me would crank up their stero during dinner so loud it used to rattle the plates in my kitchen. When they were done, I'd put my speakers on the floor, face down, and play "Neighbors" over and over and over.

Sounds like one of the scenes from A Clockwork Orange!

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: February 27, 2008 05:48

Happy Jack
lamemodem2

Sounds like one of the scenes from A Clockwork Orange!

Yeah...what was the name of your neighbour? Mr Alexander?

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: February 27, 2008 09:54

Well, I actually did myself in -- karma-wise, I guess. When the apartment below was being shown by realtors and this nice little family with a child was looking at it, I thought it would be awful to have a child living below (even with kids of my own!), so I blared reggae from the moment he unlocked the door to show them in until the moments they left. So, I got the terrorists instead. A whole weird sort of family arrangement with the mother who has the disease where she can't/won't leave the house, her ex-husband, and their son. He's gotta be in his 30s, though I don't know for sure, but he's neck'n'neck with me in terms of insanity and anger issues. We always smile and say, "Good morning," etc. when we meet outside -- as though there is no problem at all!!

Anyway! Too Rude is another favorite, but I don't want to ruin the song for myself by using it as a weapon. All I have are the little computer speakers, but they really are pretty effective for their size.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: February 27, 2008 12:07

I remember a party at a friends house. His parents were away for the weekend. We were playing Neighbours really loud, when someone spontaneously opened the window and started shouting neighbours. It took off, and suddenly the whole party were shouting out of the windows! It always makes me laugh, when I think about it. Must have been in 1986 or something. smileys with beer

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-27 13:44 by Infamy.

Posted by: Des ()
Date: February 28, 2008 01:12

Short of having healthy kids my goals in life were to live where I can take as long as hot shower as I want and live in a detached home so I can "play it loud".....I have succeded in life.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 28, 2008 05:53

largelingerie
I don't really care for their throbbing Middle Eastern Terrorist Disco Shi..."music!" I guess I'm just immature. Apartment living sucks. I'd guess I've played it about 9 times in a row so far. I wonder who will give up first...me, or them?

Middle Eastern Terrorist Disco Shit ... that's a great description. Yes, I have definitely played Neighbors very loudly in retaliation for neighbors who played their music too loud. I've always managed to wear down any neighbors who wanted to get into a pissing match to see who could play music more loudly and for a longer period of time.

I'm almost ashamed of this, but I once put the near-unbearable Oliva Newton-John song "I Honestly Love You" on repeat and turned it up full blast to get back at some neighbors who thought they could win that sort of contest with me. Then I went and stayed with some friends for three days before coming back and turning it off. Never heard a peep from those neighbors after that, and they moved a month later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home